Newcastle United 0 vs Liverpool 3 - 24/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

James

f****** joke in the ground today. the fans were more arsed about booing Gerrard than they were about getting behind the lads.

To see that lanky streak of s**** Crouch geta round of applause from the gallowgate not just when he warmed up but when he came on the pitch was a f****** joke.

we got more and more like Engerland with every f****** game.

if you only come to the match to boo and whinge then you might as well piss off shopping with the missus and use your energy in eldon f****** square.

things may be going wrong on the pitch but its the attitudes in the stands that makes me sick. its a f****** joke.

Crouch played his heart out for England and thoroughly deserved his warm welcome. To do otherwise is frankly laughable.

pathetic. He might have played well for England but its no reason to applaud an opposing player. I've never done that in over 40 years and I don't know anybody who has.

And no one is going to force you too, either. If thousands around you are of a different mind to you, then maybe you should just accept this is the way it is and it's you with the  backward logic. Alternatively you could just stop whining like a woman.

it isn't the way it is. I've not seen it in over 40 years. If you want to applaud ie encourage opposing players, thats up to you. We were facing a possible 5 or 6 goal thrashing and you advocate this ? Get a life.

Get a life? I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself, because you're ranting about much of a nothingness.

If I were you (god forbid) I would be thinking, OK, annoys me a bit but I guess most people are of a different opinion to me so I guess that's just the way it is.

No one was encouraging or supporting the Liverpool players, you'd be an idiot to think this is what it was. It was simply a mark of respect.

Did you say the same when Les Ferdinand done a lap of honour and the ground was on its feet? Surely we shouldn't have encouraged this Tottenham Hotspurs player, this would be outrageous, to you wouldn't it? This ENCOURAGEMENT of the opposition...

you're comparing Les Ferdinand to that twisty faced c*** Gerrard???? Muahahahaahahaahah!

Erm, no. I'm comparing applauding opposition players.

Bye.

No, you're not, You're comparing applauding Ferdinand with applauding a liverpool player who has never been a legend for NUFC. But thanks for trying to justify your weak argument anyway, appreciate it.

I wrote the post, I will tell you what the point is. Not the other way round.

NE5 said you should not applaud opposition players, and has never seen it in 40 years. I pointed out that the WHOLE GROUND applauded Les Ferdinand, (and rightly so) as a mark of respect, which was only a few years ago. It's normal and it also shown him to be a hypocrite.

Swallowed that? Now naff off, you little spastic. I can't be arsed with you son.

"Naff off you little spastic"!!???!! That's genius. A poor insult, and a derogatory inference to the mentally impaired.

As it happens, I think YOU are ace, and not at all a "fan" incapable of seeing the truth in front of them if Fat Allardyce came over and had it tattooed on his huge head.

I'm guessing you don't go to the game, and before you start about it not mattering, etc, you're wrong.

it MUST be past your bed time, probably time you turned in, mate.

Sorry, I do appreciate your contribution but this ends here.

Last word is yours on this matter as I haven't time to play message tennis with you, so go ahead.

"A poor insult, and a derogatory inference to the mentally impaired."

Sorry, didn't mean to offend your sort.

I wish i could come back against that one, but it is such a beautifully crafted piece of insulting genius that I have to bow to your superiority. Maybe, when I'm 11 like you, i'll be that good, I can only hope.

Oh, and regarding the booing/applauding thing - you're either incredibly lacking in knowledge, or you've missed the point. Who knows, but the X FActor results show is on ITV2, so you can think about it while you watch that.

IMO it aint the fact that we lost because Liverpool are a top side but its the manner in which we lost, We were clueless all over the park and SA didnt have a clue how to change things, Im still shocked at his subs.  tbf i dont think we have improved 1 bit since SA has taken over. I actually think we have looked worse defensively, conceded 7 goals in our last 2 games at SJP that fuckin shocking.

Which of course should tell a number of people (not you) that the main problem wasn't the defenders at all, but has been mainly down to the players in front of the defenders and our inability to control football matches. People don't listen though, even though this is really easy stuff.

Blimey! What happened to this thread?!

It's plain to see the result and performance today has been painful for all of us, and is being reflected in this thread. What I can't stand is the likes of twining old women like NE5 banging on about pointless issues, having a go at us for something which really makes no difference what so ever in terms of the way our team plays.

:cheesy:

If by "US" you mean people at the match then you are spouting tripe. The reaction(s) of the us (the crowd) does make a difference.

Howaythelads: This is where we have been going wrong all this time. We must be applauding players too much - all we need to do is stop this and we'll shoot up the table, and probably win the League as well...

Jesus Christ... If you and NE5 class this applause as the main problem with our club you have a lot to learn!

Guest Geordiesned

Not to pick a scapegoat or owt but how bad was Martins today? We were laughing at his efforts in the second half! Thats how bad it got!  mackems.gif

That's twice in recent times you've babbled on about people laughing at our own players. First Smith, now Martins. You must sit among some genuine mongs who definitely aren't supporters of the club, despite for some reason being at the match. Since you seem to think it's ok why do you bother going?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=45922.msg1060853#msg1060853

Oh dear.

You don't reply to too much do you

The mong bothers in full swing again I see.

Howaythelads: This is where we have been going wrong all this time. We must be applauding players too much - all we need to do is stop this and we'll shoot up the table, and probably win the League as well...

Jesus Christ... If you and NE5 class this applause as the main problem with our club you have a lot to learn!

Honestly pal, just ignore them. They'll grow up one of these days and realise how ludicrous they once were.

You think momentary applaus for a player, removed from the game, would have changed the result? Get a grip!! :D :D

I give up. The likes of you will never get it.

Cheers

Can you not answer the question? NE5 whining on about applauding a player... Problems lie thick and deep, this though is certainly not one to worry about.

Looks like you can't read?

What are you going to make up next?

Same as every other one at the minute.  This place is slowly becoming s*** unfortunately

Slowly? It's never been anything else!

Not to pick a scapegoat or owt but how bad was Martins today? We were laughing at his efforts in the second half! Thats how bad it got!  mackems.gif

That's twice in recent times you've babbled on about people laughing at our own players. First Smith, now Martins. You must sit among some genuine mongs who definitely aren't supporters of the club, despite for some reason being at the match. Since you seem to think it's ok why do you bother going?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=45922.msg1060853#msg1060853

Oh dear.

You don't reply to too much do you

The mong bothers in full swing again I see.

Hi soopafan.

Looks like you can't read?

What are you going to make up next?

Ham Sandwich. Just keep responding with inconsistent and unrelated text! :D

Like you, I give up! :D

Bye.

Honestly pal, just ignore them. They'll grow up one of these days and realise how ludicrous they once were.

mackems.gif

Same as every other one at the minute.  This place is slowly becoming s*** unfortunately

it tends to follow the football and confidence about the club. the board is good when we are doing well but it gets catty and bitchy when we aren't

Guest Geordiesned

fucking joke in the ground today. the fans were more arsed about booing Gerrard than they were about getting behind the lads.

To see that lanky streak of shite Crouch geta round of applause from the gallowgate not just when he warmed up but when he came on the pitch was a fucking joke.

we got more and more like Engerland with every fucking game.

if you only come to the match to boo and whinge then you might as well piss off shopping with the missus and use your energy in eldon fucking square.

things may be going wrong on the pitch but its the attitudes in the stands that makes me sick. its a fucking joke.

Yep, it was all the fans fault. Get a fucking grip.

fucking joke in the ground today. the fans were more arsed about booing Gerrard than they were about getting behind the lads.

To see that lanky streak of shite Crouch geta round of applause from the gallowgate not just when he warmed up but when he came on the pitch was a fucking joke.

we got more and more like Engerland with every fucking game.

if you only come to the match to boo and whinge then you might as well piss off shopping with the missus and use your energy in eldon fucking square.

things may be going wrong on the pitch but its the attitudes in the stands that makes me sick. its a fucking joke.

Yep, it was all the fans fault. Get a fucking grip.

He's not saying that. Get a f****** brain, soopafan.

f****** joke in the ground today. the fans were more arsed about booing Gerrard than they were about getting behind the lads.

To see that lanky streak of s**** Crouch geta round of applause from the gallowgate not just when he warmed up but when he came on the pitch was a f****** joke.

we got more and more like Engerland with every f****** game.

if you only come to the match to boo and whinge then you might as well piss off shopping with the missus and use your energy in eldon f****** square.

things may be going wrong on the pitch but its the attitudes in the stands that makes me sick. its a f****** joke.

Yep, it was all the fans fault. Get a f****** grip.

It would appear so to some people, unbelievable as it is! :D

Never read so much garbage in my life.

This thread is in the realms of nonsenseville when it comes to people blaming the crown for the teams performance!

Guest Geordiesned

The crowd were Liverpool's 12th man.

No they weren't, Allardyce was.

Unbelievable that some people actually believe this shite!

Its no shame to say that Crouch deserved a smattering of applause when he came on. He gave his all for England unlike other media ponces like Gerrard and Lampard.

I'd like to think the real football fans at SJP always appreciate good players.