Newcastle United 0 vs Liverpool 3 - 24/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

James

f****** joke in the ground today. the fans were more arsed about booing Gerrard than they were about getting behind the lads.

To see that lanky streak of s**** Crouch geta round of applause from the gallowgate not just when he warmed up but when he came on the pitch was a f****** joke.

we got more and more like Engerland with every f****** game.

if you only come to the match to boo and whinge then you might as well piss off shopping with the missus and use your energy in eldon f****** square.

things may be going wrong on the pitch but its the attitudes in the stands that makes me sick. its a f****** joke.

Yep, it was all the fans fault. Get a f****** grip.

i couldn't understand it either. didn't make any difference to the score but i don't like applauding the opposition during a game. i thought the crowd (12th man in the ultra's eyes) were supposed to encourage their own and try to put off the opposition.

Its no shame to say that Crouch deserved a smattering of applause when he came on. He gave his all for England unlike other media ponces like Gerrard and Lampard.

I'd like to think the real football fans at SJP always appreciate good players.

The majority do, as was proven today. The likes of Howaythelads and NE5 have a louder voice on the message board than their mute presence in the real world.

Guest Geordiesned

f****** joke in the ground today. the fans were more arsed about booing Gerrard than they were about getting behind the lads.

To see that lanky streak of s**** Crouch geta round of applause from the gallowgate not just when he warmed up but when he came on the pitch was a f****** joke.

we got more and more like Engerland with every f****** game.

if you only come to the match to boo and whinge then you might as well piss off shopping with the missus and use your energy in eldon f****** square.

things may be going wrong on the pitch but its the attitudes in the stands that makes me sick. its a f****** joke.

Crouch played his heart out for England and thoroughly deserved his warm welcome. To do otherwise is frankly laughable.

pathetic. He might have played well for England but its no reason to applaud an opposing player. I've never done that in over 40 years and I don't know anybody who has.

Why am I not surprised? That says more about you than anybody else tbh. Fucking pathetic.

Its no shame to say that Crouch deserved a smattering of applause when he came on. He gave his all for England unlike other media ponces like Gerrard and Lampard.

The majority do, as was proven today. The likes of Howaythelads and NE5 have a louder voice on the message board than their mute presence in the real world.

going slightly over the top aren't you. from my seat for everyone clapping someone else was complaining at the clapping while the majority sat and watched.

going slightly over the top aren't you. from my seat for everyone clapping someone else was complaining at the clapping while the majority sat and watched.

Nope.

IMO it aint the fact that we lost because Liverpool are a top side but its the manner in which we lost, We were clueless all over the park and SA didnt have a clue how to change things, Im still shocked at his subs.  tbf i dont think we have improved 1 bit since SA has taken over. I actually think we have looked worse defensively, conceded 7 goals in our last 2 games at SJP that fuckin shocking.

Which of course should tell a number of people (not you) that the main problem wasn't the defenders at all, but has been mainly down to the players in front of the defenders and our inability to control football matches. People don't listen though, even though this is really easy stuff.

Yea as a team we have been piss poor defensively, The way we conceded possession today was pretty embarrassing. Why SA insists on putting Smith in midfield time after time is mind boggling, Not only is he poor but he is getting into the side before the likes of Milner.

SA has bought to many grafters and not enough quality and i think that is starting to show now, You know when things are bad when Butt is shooting from 20 yards out.