It's absolutely crucial we stick by Sam during this period.

Parky

If you went to the cinema to watch an action packed movie and the manager then decided to screen Mary Poppins (no slur on Shearer intended) after he had taken your money, I think an adverse reaction from the audience would be well and truly merited don't you? 

No, Marry Poppins is a cracking film which is full of action.  They'd love it and watch it twice in a row.

We've had our say (or those who were booing have) and Allardyce knows how people feel, I think it's time to show support for now and see if we really can make a difference.  All the booing in the world will not change what's already happened.

Firstly I'm not someone who would boo my own team regardless, so let's make that clear. I think the fact that 6000 are heading to Blackburn answers all the critics about the fans supposed lack of support. Now it's over to Big Sam  to put out a team that will be allowed to play and have a go at Blackburn because the long ball approach is clearly not going to work with this squad. Let them play, let them pass and move and let them get forward in support of their strikers when in possession. Play the full backs we've bought at full back. Play the wide players wide. Keep it on the deck and let Blackburn huff and puff and concede posession by lumping it high and long.

These tactics might not work, but I'll bet the players we've got will be far more capable using them. If the fans still whinge then fair enough, but I doubt it.

i dont think the 6000 going to blackburn answers anything, its the home support i've got a problem with, by and large you're making sense re: formations, playing to our strengths, i'm just totally sick of the hate crew