It's absolutely crucial we stick by Sam during this period.

Parky

I'll lay my cards on the table I've had doubts about the big man since the Derby and Reading defeats, however I wasn't surprised by the Pompey defeat and yes I am daunted by the poor Liverpool performance.....But so what?!

Football isn't a precise science witness the travails at Spurs and the ejection of Mourinho perhaps one of the greatest coaches in the world.

What we need to foucs on is that SA is a manager who can get things right and has done at Bolton turning them into permanent PL fixtures.

I have an inkling that the takeover of the club hasn't helped SA at all in the short term...Expectations trebled and he wasn't given a huge pile of money to spend. MA and Mort to a lesser degree decided to stablise the finances rather than take on a big spend on the pitch...For whatever reason behind the scenes or whatever the availability of players a relatively small amount of money was spent on an already rickety squad. It can be argued they haven't made up their mind about SA yet and of course this will have communicated itself to SA as it does when you work with people day in day out.

Also over the last week we're beginning to see the now familiar 'leaks' to the papers about senior players not being happy with training and whatnot...Well it is rumoured Owen and maybe Given don't get along with SA but they are doing the club and the support a huge diservice if they are whispering to the papers. If the players think they can escape criticism by deflecting it onto the man under pressure whatever case they may have it is cowardly and beyond contempt. Some of them just haven't been good enough this season.

SA isn't a tactical genius but he has proven that he knows what works on the pitch and what doesn't and in time he will prove this. He was brought in by FS to stabalise the club when we were in financial stress but suddenly finds himself at the heart of unrealistic expectations unmatched by realistic spend.

We need to get through this tough period and try and measure our criticism...Of course there have been blunders on the pitch and as others have said Villa and Everton under new managers went through similar barren spells but they respective managers got through it and were supported through it and the rewards came later.

I for one will wait to see what happens during the Jan window, but I'd like to see Mort and Ashley step upto the plate.

it's absolutly critical he does the basics. fuck expectations etc his tactics and formations have brought the crowd down on him.

Mate have you opened that letter from Anfield...Apparently you'll be replacing Benitez.

it's absolutly critical he does the basics. fuck expectations etc his tactics and formations have brought the crowd down on him.

I agree with this. He's been trying to do 'clever' things like playing N'Zogbia and Milner on the wrong wings and matching Liverpool's five man midfield before getting those basics you're on about right in the first place.

it's absolutly critical he does the basics. f*** expectations etc his tactics and formations have brought the crowd down on him.

Spot on

Guest Harry-Norway

Nothing works on pitch for NU these days,its horrible to watch,ives seen all Toons game this season(one at ST.J)the rest on TV and my oppinion is that things are getting worse every game they play,season starts fearly good(lucky?),but the latest 5-6 games shows that we are a bottom club the way Sams boys are playing at the moment,i want more one touch football,but it looks like the squad dont have the skills for that kind of football.

Against pool we looked like å bunch of headless chickens running after Pool players for 90 min.we didnt create 1 100% goal chance.

Looks for me if Sam is going to stay he have to start working with what is between the ears of all the players,because they looks like they have lost the game even before it starts

What choices did he have for formation on Saturday though?

We only had 1 fully fit regular central defender.

I agree with this. He's been trying to do 'clever' things like playing N'Zogbia and Milner on the wrong wings and matching Liverpool's five man midfield before getting those basics you're on about right in the first place.

I can't see any benefit for sacking him during the season.

Your argument is sensible and one I would support usually, especially after having had such high expectations of the man. Yes it's too early by the looks of it to get rid, and no doubt we will run the wrath of Fleet Street if we do so. Deep down though I have no real faith he can make us anything other than a 'spoiler' team like Bolton. He has looked absolutely clueless how best to deploy real footballers as opposed to hard-running lunks like Nolan and Davies at Bolton. Right now there isn't a team in any division who won't look like world-beaters if they play us. Derby, Sunderland, Reading, boro....monstrously poor teams who can only thank the Gods when they get round to us in the fixture list. Out-played by the cloggers and thrashed royally by the good sides. That is where Allardyce has brought us so far. It really does take a special kind of tactical genius to achieve it so bravo Big Sam.

:clap:

We need to stick by him, but he really needs to improve his game.

Its not on the shite he's served up so far, and its not our fault that we expect better, his ego has been on show all season telling us how great he is, so fuking stop talking and lets see it.

Neither can I. It's not the point I was making, it's just an observation about some of the things I think he's doing wrong. Keep him until the end of the season. At least.

it's absolutly critical he does the basics. f*** expectations etc his tactics and formations have brought the crowd down on him.

The longer he stays the harder it will be for the new manager to turn things round

Your argument is sensible and one I would support usually, especially after having had such high expectations of the man. Yes it's too early by the looks of it to get rid, and no doubt we will run the wrath of Fleet Street if we do so. Deep down though I have no real faith he can make us anything other than a 'spoiler' team like Bolton. He has looked absolutely clueless how best to deploy real footballers as opposed to hard-running lunks like Nolan and Davies at Bolton. Right now there isn't a team in any division who won't look like world-beaters if they play us. Derby, Sunderland, Reading, boro....monstrously poor teams who can only thank the Gods when they get round to us in the fixture list. Out-played by the cloggers and thrashed royally by the good sides. That is where Allardyce has brought us so far. It really does take a special kind of tactical genius to achieve it so bravo Big Sam.

Where did we finish last year?

Guest Harry-Norway

Another season fearing going down to premiership,get in a psykolog start working with the players brain,at the moment it looks like a huge brain-damage ll over the field,inclusive Sam

The longer he stays the harder it will be for the new manager to turn things round

If he goes this season is a write-off anyway and the backroom changes being made go out the window. Unless Capello or someone of a similar track record issues a 'come and get me' plea I see no benefit in getting rid now.

Do you think we'll finish much higher this year? With a much stronger squad it should be added.

Do you think we'll finish much higher this year? With a much stronger squad it should be added.

We gained some players but we lost some as well.

It's a transitional squad too. Not sure it's much stronger either. A good manager should be getting more out of the players we have though. In terms of tactics and individual performances.

We gained some players but we lost some as well.

There's enough good players in that squad to comfortably beat the dross we have been struggling against all season Parky. That's the bottom line.

Guest Harry-Norway

Mourhino in now,it cant be worse then its today,the planet is laughing of us,newspapers calls us clowns!!!!!!!

We should sign Kaka too.

:-) yes,why not