It's absolutely crucial we stick by Sam during this period.

Parky

I'm farily sure that Milner hasn't told him he's a right winger.

I'm not so sure he won't be on the trnf list come Jan either.

Every cloud.....

Sam is NOT the right man. If we can get better then fair enough. If not then Unlucky, we'll have to put up with shit results, shit football and lots of tinkering. Think we'll keep him until summer then see what happens. All depends how ambitious Ashley is. Certainly Allardyce is not in the same league as Sven never mind Benitez, Ferguson etc.

Its funny how you claim to think Milner is a good squad player but your hatred for him seems to pop up every over thread :lol:

Every cloud.....

Sam is NOT the right man. If we can get better then fair enough. If not then Unlucky, we'll have to put up with shit results, shit football and lots of tinkering. Think we'll keep him until summer then see what happens. All depends how ambitious Ashley is. Certainly Allardyce is not in the same league as Sven never mind Benitez, Ferguson etc.

...well you know you can keep comparing someone who has just started at a club to people who have been successful at other clubs but at the end of the day it's pointless. What we have here is a sincere hard working manager who needs time and at some point better players.

I honestly haven't seen anything to prove to me otherwise.  What he did at Bolton was very good, but hardly brilliant. Is he better than Souness and Roeder? Probably,  but not by much.  He seems very arrogant in the souness vein , and that hubris is whats hurting us.  Maybe he'll wake up one day and realize he's not at bolton anymore, but he hasn't really shown any indications that he'll do so.

How many tier one players do you think he has to work with?

I can only think of one and he seems permanently crocked.

he spent a lot of money. Are you telling me that he bought players he knew wouldn't be good enough? No, these are his idea of players that can do a job for us. He was wrong.

Relatively speaking he inherited a rickety squad and has done his best to patch it up with relatively limited funds...If you see it any other way you're not looking hard enough.

I honestly haven't seen anything to prove to me otherwise.  What he did at Bolton was very good, but hardly brilliant. Is he better than Souness and Roeder? Probably,  but not by much.  He seems very arrogant in the souness vein , and that hubris is whats hurting us.  Maybe he'll wake up one day and realize he's not at bolton anymore, but he hasn't really shown any indications that he'll do so.

How many tier one players do you think he has to work with?

I can only think of one and he seems permanently crocked.

he spent a lot of money. Are you telling me that he bought players he knew wouldn't be good enough? No, these are his idea of players that can do a job for us. He was wrong.

He had to spend a lot of money because the team needed a lot of players which is hardly his fault. I bet his spending doesn't work out much each player and a lot less than others have spent!

We played 4-4-2 for the most of it tbf, we were just utter shite.

It was 3-5-2, but they did not keep formation very well.

No, more of a 3-4-1-2 but it changed after about half an hour.

Quote from Rozehnal - "We actually changed the formation back to 4-4-2 after 15 minutes."

Quote from Rozehnal - "We actually changed the formation back to 4-4-2 after 15 minutes."

oh ok fair enough. But it still left us without a genuine winger didn't it? and if Milner was genuinely tired (which he probably was having played in midweek) then it still narrowed down the options.

OMFG, x 1,000,000,000 :)

Every cloud.....

Sam is NOT the right man. If we can get better then fair enough. If not then Unlucky, we'll have to put up with s*** results, s*** football and lots of tinkering. Think we'll keep him until summer then see what happens. All depends how ambitious Ashley is. Certainly Allardyce is not in the same league as Sven never mind Benitez, Ferguson etc.

...well you know you can keep comparing someone who has just started at a club to people who have been successful at other clubs but at the end of the day it's pointless. What we have here is a sincere hard working manager who needs time and at some point better players.

How long has Sven been at City? Understand your point but my view is that he is just the wrong man for the job. Hope I'm wrong.

oh ok fair enough. But it still left us without a genuine winger didn't it? and if Milner was genuinely tired (which he probably was having played in midweek) then it still narrowed down the options.

Absolutely, the lack of width down the right hand side was horrific.

Sven walked into the job with half his defence already established/settled. He has also had his best players fit for most of the season.

He also gambled on a load of foreign players that have hit the ground running in style.

Better manager too, which helps...

I have to admit I was unsure on Sven with him being out of club football so long and needing a lot of money in the past to work with (especially pre-Ashley) but he has done very well.

I wasn't in favour of him coming here at the time, I thought the media circus around him combined with us would have been insane. Also he's used loads of money everywhere he's been; at that point we couldn't afford that.

Fair play to him so far though.

Sven walked into the job with half his defence already established/settled. He has also had his best players fit for most of the season.

He also gambled on a load of foreign players that have hit the ground running in style.

Also spent more...

Their away record is exactly the same as ours.... their home form is excellent, granted, but I wonder how much the "12th man" has an effect on that as well. They cheer the team, while ours get booed and jeered (way before the Liverpool match by the way)

I hope that Sam gets the season at least so we can see where we are in comparison to them. I have a feeling actually Sven isn't so much better, if at all. Just more experienced.

He never immediately got success at his other clubs but somewhere along the way the clubs showed patience. As should we.

Harry-Norway,

I know you are Norwegian, but please can you work on your English grammar and punctuation as it is very difficult to understand what you are trying to say, and you are therefore unlikely to receive a serious reply.

Thanks.

Bollocks James, i understand him perfectly well

Also spent more...

Their away record is exactly the same as ours.... their home form is excellent, granted, but I wonder how much the "12th man" has an effect on that as well. They cheer the team, while ours get booed and jeered (way before the Liverpool match by the way)

I hope that Sam gets the season at least so we can see where we are in comparison to them. I have a feeling actually Sven isn't so much better, if at all. Just more experienced.

He never immediately got success at his other clubs but somewhere along the way the clubs showed patience. As should we.

Nonsense tbh. Sorry.

I was in with the City fans when we played them and it was virtually identical to SJP (pre-Liverpool, of course...). Moaned when things went wrong, booed when the opposition scored, cheered when they did good things. Just the same.

You might have a point about them in terms of the team being on a roll, but other than that it's no different than at our place IMO.

Also spent more...

Nonsense tbh. Sorry.

I was in with the City fans when we played them and it was virtually identical to SJP (pre-Liverpool, of course...). Moaned when things went wrong, booed when the opposition scored, cheered when they did good things. Just the same.

You might have a point about them in terms of the team being on a roll, but other than that it's no different than at our place IMO.

oh well I stand corrected on that one then.

Citeh fans don't seem to expect as much to me, and I'm convinced that the weight of expectation has it's part to play, but I accept what you say.

He made a hard working team which preformed pretty well, taking the noteable scalp of larger teams on occasion. Brilliant!

He made a hard working team which preformed pretty well, taking the noteable scalp of larger teams on occasion. Brilliant!

He made a crap team a solid premiership team spending fuck all and getting them into Europe.

Yeah, which is good work, but its not like he had them playing brilliantly or anything. Had bolton become a good footballing team, then maybe I'd classify that as special, brilliant, or amazing, but otherwise its just a job done well.  Also, a job that given the clubs resources we don't need here.

Fucking clueless.

Not really. He did well at Bolton, but don't go pretending it was a miracle or something.  And the one aspect about bolton that was good (they were organized) he's failed at to a great degree here.

Not really. He did well at Bolton, but don't go pretending it was a miracle or something.  And the one aspect about bolton that was good (they were organized) he's failed at to a great degree here.

That's the worrying thing. It's the very least I'd expect an Allardyce side to be, yet we are anything but a soft touch at the moment.