Alan Shearer should climb off sofa and show that he wants to manage

EthiGeordie

Was watching Shearer with interest when Lineker asked him about Sam being under pressure. Seemed to be avoiding the subject a bit to me. Might be reading too much into it.

Yes i thought that but maybe being a bit diplomatic trying not to heap any more pressure on BS

Was watching Shearer with interest when Lineker asked him about Sam being under pressure. Seemed to be avoiding the subject a bit to me. Might be reading too much into it.

Yes i thought that but maybe being a bit diplomatic trying not to heap any more pressure on BS

Aye. Hard to say.

From the Sunday Times;

Sacked in the morning, sang the Blackburn fans gleefully as Sam Allardyce walked down the tunnel after seeing his side make it four defeats in five games, and perhaps he will be. Even if he survives, defeat by Arsenal at St James’ Park on Wednesday will almost certainly see Allardyce lose his job and Alan Shearer take over the coaching role.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/blackburn/article2983723.ece

UPDATED

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article2984048.ece

I never understand these kind of stories. If it's so certain he's going to be replaced on the back of losing against the best team in the league so far, why wait? And if we get a draw, what then? Ashley and Mort just forget about it? :lol:

Would make better sense to wait and see what the next four games bring us, Brum, Fulham, Derby and Wigan are all winnable though think that if performances are any thing like the Liverpool game hes gonna be in big trouble. Personally think its the press as usual putting 2 and 2 together and coming to six, i dont think AS is ready or willing for management just yet.

Would make better sense to wait and see what the next four games bring us, Brum, Fulham, Derby and Wigan are all winnable though think that if performances are any thing like the Liverpool game hes gonna be in big trouble. Personally think its the press as usual putting 2 and 2 together and coming to six, i dont think AS is ready or willing for management just yet.

A good run of games for any new manager called Alan.

If that happens i'm going to strap on an AK47 and fire rounds into the family of every moronic fucking spacker that has not only made a mockery of this club by going on SSN and saying "Why aye! Shearaaaaa needs to be tha managa like!" but those who have acted so fucking childishly over the past few games because things haven't went right.

If Shearer becomes manager it could and probably will be an unmitigated disaster. He needs to prove himself first before coming anywhere near this club again.

If that happens i'm going to strap on an AK47 and fire rounds into the family of every moronic f****** spacker that has not only made a mockery of this club by going on SSN and saying "Why aye! Shearaaaaa needs to be tha managa like!" but those who have acted so f****** childishly over the past few games because things haven't went right.

If Shearer becomes manager it could and probably will be an unmitigated disaster. He needs to prove himself first before coming anywhere near this club again.

indeed

I keep changing my mind about whether Shearer will be a good manager.  I do however, think he is probably the only person who will be given time to get it right by the supporters.  God knows what would happen if he was a disaster though as so many dreams will have been shattered.

I heard someone say at the match last week, that it had become apparent to them that Shearer had been carrying the club for the last 4 or so years merely through his presence in the dressing room and on the pitch (not necessarily performance-wise) and I think there might be some truth in that.

Anyway, it seems as if the media want their next sacking and have decided that Allardyce is their man so they will keep the pressure on until it happens.

Shearer is going to need a hell of a lot of support if this happens but who will he get it from? His pal Mike Newell is free so we might see him come in in some capacity.

How about buying players though? That will be huge. Will he have a decent knowledge of players outside of the premiership? Or a decent enough network?

If that happens i'm going to strap on an AK47 and fire rounds into the family of every moronic fucking spacker that has not only made a mockery of this club by going on SSN and saying "Why aye! Shearaaaaa needs to be tha managa like!" but those who have acted so fucking childishly over the past few games because things haven't went right.

:lol:

Bang on. I think it'll be a very poor start for the new regime to be sacking Allardyce after, what is it 14-15 games, when we lie in 11th. I'm as frustrated as everyone else with the past month but for God's sake, let's not hit the panic button yet again for fuck's sake. A month ago after the Spurs game, we were fucking laughing.

There is no way in the world we are going to get relegated so Allardyce should see the season out.

Alan Shearer, man. :undecided:

Shearer is going to need a hell of a lot of support if this happens but who will he get it from? His pal Mike Newell is free so we might see him come in in some capacity.

How about buying players though? That will be huge. Will he have a decent knowledge of players outside of the premiership? Or a decent enough network?

Terry Venables probably. On paper, hes experienced, continental, well liked by Shearer, currently unemployed, etc.

In reality, hes a snarling, incompetent, bung taking buffoon who's had his best days over a decade ago, and probably the mastermind behind England's collapse in qualifying for the EC, which followed his spectacular display at the helm of the sinking ship that was Leeds.

Or maybe not, and hes just been unlucky recently.

Likely candidate though, given how he must have begged for it when Sir Bobby was sacked.

This is f****** ridiculous.  If Allardyce gets sacked and we get Shearer taking over,  I think i'll actually lose all faith in anything.

Personally, I think Shearer will make a great manager one day, and I think all this Shearer bashing recently is unfair.  It is the MEDIA that are to blame.  Stop blaming and belittling Big Al.  He isn't responsible for the idiots that want Sam sacked, or for the southern journalists stirring up shite about him being lined up. 

That said, if this club sack Allardyce after less than half a season then it doesn't matter who replaces him.  Newcastle United will become a permanent joke - a pantomime and not a serious football club. 

If that happens i'm going to strap on an AK47 and fire rounds into the family of every moronic f****** spacker that has not only made a mockery of this club by going on SSN and saying "Why aye! Shearaaaaa needs to be tha managa like!" but those who have acted so f****** childishly over the past few games because things haven't went right.

:lol:

Bang on. I think it'll be a very poor start for the new regime to be sacking Allardyce after, what is it 14-15 games, when we lie in 11th. I'm as frustrated as everyone else with the past month but for God's sake, let's not hit the panic button yet again for f***'s sake. A month ago after the Spurs game, we were f****** laughing.

There is no way in the world we are going to get relegated so Allardyce should see the season out.

Alan Shearer, man. :undecided:

Depends who the manager is that Ashley might want to replace him with really though. Shearer though, would be the wrong choice.

Appointing Shearer would be a disaster just as it was with Keegan, best sticking to managers with numerous years of experience like Souness and Daglish

Guest Brewcastle

A good run of games for any new manager called Alan.

O0