Allardyce interview on SSN

brummie

Guest Brewcastle

if he survives the next 2 games, the 4 after that are very winnable, even for us

the 4 easy games are more of a reason to sack him, so the new manager has some momentum!

O0

Guest The Libertine

if he survives the next 2 games, the 4 after that are very winnable, even for us

the 4 easy games are more of a reason to sack him, so the new manager has some momentum!

he gets sacked, terry mac gets caretaker managers job, wins 4 games, gets permanent job.

:shifty:

Guest KentonMag

I saw the interview and in it he said it was not a crisis losing 3 and drawing 1 game,it would

be different if it was 9 or 10,the mans a fat faced spakajack & i hope he friggs of back to small

towns vill....

Guest KentonMag

Thats the worrying thing CG,I dont think we would be able to attract a top name with our past record.

but it has to be someone who can get the team to play good football with solid performances week in

week out. someone on the lines of a Wenger type manager would be ideal .

Thats the worrying thing CG,I dont think we would be able to attract a top name with our past record.

but it has to be someone who can get the team to play good football with solid performances week in

week out. someone on the lines of a Wenger type manager would be ideal .

Yeah, that'd be sound.

Normally I would say that it's essential we don't sack Sam so early.  He's a respected manager, and nobody would want to come with out record of sacking so easily.  However, this is a new regime.  This is a new clean slate, so it would only be one sacking by them, and of a man they didn't appoint.  So I don't think we'd be avoided.

I think Ashley/mort will be ambitious.  I don't think they'll get rid unless they have a real top class man in waiting.

week out. someone on the lines of a Wenger type manager would be ideal.

You're not asking for much really are you? A Wenger type manager who plays good football and can get us winning games. Well frig me slightly, why don't you just ring Ashley and tell him?

Thank you for saving our season, Kenton

You're not asking for much really are you? A Wenger type manager who plays good football and can get us winning games. Well frig me slightly, why don't you just ring Ashley and tell him?

:lol:

You're being completely unfair. It takes insight to spot that employing a double-winning, unbeaten-season-attaining, Champions League final-qualifying, gorgeous football-endorsing, outstanding talent-spotting genius would perhaps be a good idea. I'd not thought of it, had you?

You're being completely unfair. It takes insight to spot that employing a double-winning, unbeaten-season-attaining, Champions League final-qualifying, gorgeous football-endorsing, outstanding talent-spotting genius would perhaps be a good idea. I'd not thought of it, had you?

I hadn't, i'm just jealous :(

Guest Brewcastle

Replaced by who though?

Maybe this guy: http://www.aftenposten.no/english/sports/article1412744.ece

He got sacked from Olympiakos december 2006, when they was on top at the table. Season before (2005/2006) Olympiacos won the league with him in charge. The reason for sacking him was explained with "he had made preperations for leaving the club, behind the back of the board". -The preparations couldn't be that good: He didn't have any new job before this season  :laugh:.

Then it came as a big surprise for many that he accepted a deal with his previous club A.A.Gent. These days his former club Rosenborg BK, where he have been a player and a manger, is hunting him.

As the article shows; he's high rated. And he's hungry for big challenges. Maybe is NUFC to big, but I'm not sure about that. Sollied is a tough one  >:D.

Replaced by who though?

Maybe this guy: http://www.aftenposten.no/english/sports/article1412744.ece

He got sacked from Olympiakos december 2006, when they was on top at the table. Season beore (2005/2006) he did win the league with them. Reason of sacking was told that he had made preperation for leaving, behind the boards back.

As a big surprise for many he accepted a short term deal with his previous club A.A.Gent before this season.

These days his former club Rosenborg BK in Norway, where he have been a player and a manger, is hunting him now.

As the article shows; he's high rated. And he's hungry for big challenges. Maybe is NUFC to big, but I'm not sure about that. Sollied is a tough one  >:D.

I think the article was discredited when it said Strachan was more highly rated than Wenger. 

Anything is possible in football,Chelski fans would'nt of dreamed Jose was to be shown the door..

There are plenty of big name managers that would come if the transfer budget was big enough

Guest Brewcastle

I think the article was discredited when it said Strachan was more highly rated than Wenger. 

A good point :thup:. I don't know for what UEFA have given credits. But I guess Strachan have got some cred for winning the league with many points to the next, and for taking Celtic to 8.-final in Champions League.

If we sack him, what exactly will it accomplish? When are people going to realise that this depressing cycle of hire em and fire em is not the answer. What if his replacement makes a hash of it, will we want him out after 13 games?

Two examples- Moyes and Redknapp. Its taken them a good few seasons to mould some strong looking sides but if they'd been at NUFC they would never have had the chance as they would have been sacked yonks ago.

If we sack him, what exactly will it accomplish? When are people going to realise that this depressing cycle of hire em and fire em is not the answer. What if his replacement makes a hash of it, will we want him out after 13 games?

Two examples- Moyes and Redknapp. Its taken them a good few seasons to mould some strong looking sides but if they'd been at NUFC they would never have had the chance as they would have been sacked yonks ago.

the most sensible post in here.

a third example is hughes.

give him some time for fucks sake, he'll get there.

and if he gets there playing shite football, i for one couldnt care.

we've played shite football for years, and lost.

we might as well play shite football and win.

the most sensible post in here.

a third example is hughes.

and if he gets there playing s**** football, i for one couldnt care.

we've played s**** football for years, and lost.

we might as well play s**** football and win.

The thing is we are playing rubbish and losing

You don't know that so why make assumptions?  There is currently no evidence whatsoever to suggest he can turn things around.

Comparing Allardyce to the likes of Moyes and Hughes is stupid as their expectations when they got appointed were not half as high as ours were this season.

Anything is possible in football,Chelski fans would'nt of dreamed Jose was to be shown the door..

There are plenty of big name managers that would come if the transfer budget was big enough

Such as? Bearing in mind they only have 13 games to get it right?

You don't know that so why make assumptions?  There is currently no evidence whatsoever to suggest he can turn things around.

Comparing Allardyce to the likes of Moyes and Hughes is stupid as their expectations when they got appointed were not half as high as ours were this season.

Are you saying that Everton aren't an ambitious and expecting club? Sorry, that's absolute bollocks.

Well let's see, they finished 15th the season before Moyes took over, so yeah, at the time I doubt many Everton fans had expectations of anything above mid table.

We finished around there last season mind so are our expectations too high??