Peter Crouch

Kev

This has been posted on a Spurs forum, really got no idea how accurate it may be.  Just passing it on ....................

Got a bit of ITK off a mate who was out drinking with Peter Crouch the other day.

-Looks like he's pretty much definitely going to leave, most probably to Portsmouth or Villa. Newcastle have bid for him as well, and Spurs agreed terms with him in January but he didn't fancy his chances of getting in ahead of Berby or Keane. Thinks he is most likely to go to Portsmouth and that's his preferred choice, but nothing concrete has happened yet so all parties are playing it by ear. He apparently likes the idea of playing for Portsmouth to be alongside Defoe, who he apparently wouldn't shut up about. Reckons he's the best finisher he's ever seen.

-Loves it at Liverpool, says the club and everything about it is top notch - just hates not playing regularly and doesn't think that situation will change any time soon. Rates Benitez as a manager and a guy, but doesn't think Benitez will ever see him as anything other than a squad player. Interestingly he says that Torres isn't particularly popular at the club - respected for what he's done this season but apparently he moans whenever things don't go his way and if he disagrees with a decision by Benitez regarding him (subbing or being rested basically) he just ignores everyone for a couple of days and generally comes across like a bit of a baby (Crouch's words).

Also, my mate says that Crouchy is a top bloke and is even more ridiculously tall in the flesh. And also Crouchy said the nachos story isn't true

Thought crouch had been on holiday for a few days?

No idea to be honest.  I didn't vouch for its accuracy, it didn't make a lot of sense for him to agree personal terms with Spurs in January to then decide he'll be playing 3rd fiddle behind Berbatov and Keane.  Surely more logical to think that he won't be playing much so not interested in moving there without agreeing personal terms.

Thought crouch had been on holiday for a few days?

No idea to be honest.  I didn't vouch for its accuracy, it didn't make a lot of sense for him to agree personal terms with Spurs in January to then decide he'll be playing 3rd fiddle behind Berbatov and Keane.  Surely more logical to think that he won't be playing much so not interested in moving there without agreeing personal terms.

Unless he thought Berb would be off....

Whats the nacho's story like? I am intrigued...

when he was at Southampton, apparently he'd been out drinking and called in at a fast-food joint on the way home, ordered some nachos and when the girl asked for the money said "I'm not paying for these cos I'm Peter Crouch"...the girl didn't argue and served him, then he ate them in front of her making comments after each bite...

• 2 weeks later...

wouldnt like to see him here, hes good passer of the ball, but not a good finisher.

think wed do better with others ahead of crouch.  Cant see where his position is, as hes not a classic striker and not a great midfielder.

However id rather have crouch than alan smith, but thats not much of a compliment to crouch!

Whats the nacho's story like? I am intrigued...

when he was at Southampton, apparently he'd been out drinking and called in at a fast-food joint on the way home, ordered some nachos and when the girl asked for the money said "I'm not paying for these cos I'm Peter Crouch"...the girl didn't argue and served him, then he ate them in front of her making comments after each bite...

hehehe that's up there with, 'you're shutting tesco cos i'm carl cort' :)