Latest Newcastle Related Rumours

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Sam Allardyce will be sacked as Newcastle manager and replaced by Alan Shearer if the Magpies lose to Arsenal on Wednesday. (Sunday Times)

Peter Crouch could move to Newcastle in an £8m deal next month. (Daily Star Sunday)

West Ham are hoping to lure former Totenham fullback Stephen Carr away from Newcastle. (News of the World).

Newcastle are eyeing Espanyol striker Luis Garcia if Obafemi Martins carries out his threat to quit Tyneside. (News of the World).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7123449.stm

Guest Deep456

Sam Allardyce will be sacked as Newcastle manager and replaced by Alan Shearer if the Magpies lose to Arsenal on Wednesday. (Sunday Times)

Wouldn't mind that, tbh.

Wouldn't mind that, tbh.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, the middle two rumours sound pretty good. Unfortunately both sources reek of shit.

Wouldn't mind that, tbh.

Yep lets bring Shearer in, he is bound to be a top class manager :lol:

Wouldn't mind that, tbh.

Everybody starts somewhere I suppose. Not against the idea. Not sure about anything relating to NUFC but he isnt daft, he has the personality to succeed etc. Just like Roy Keane and look where they are.

Wouldn't mind that, tbh.

You don't need to be a top class manager to do a hell of a lot better then the Fat man has done so far.  Also how do you know he wouldn't be a top class manager?  He has a lot of the attributes a good manager needs.  At the very least he's got balls, which are something the likes of Allardyce sadly lack.

Wouldn't mind that, tbh.

You don't need to be a top class manager to do a hell of a lot better then the Fat man has done so far.  Also how do you know he wouldn't be a top class manager?

Grass is always Greener. Lets appoint Jimmy Nail, how do we know he won't be a top class manager? He has the Geordie passion and won't take any shit.

I'm sure Jimmy would do better then Allardyce has lately yes..  But given he has no Footnall experience and Shearer has been in Football at the highest level for the last 15 years or so I'd say he'd just about edge out Jimmy Nail there don't you think.

You know what I meant. Its pathetic in all honesty.

What happens when the next manager/Shearer has a poor spell? Him out aswell? How long should we give him? Well he is a Geordie so I think at least 20 games, maybe even 25.

It will be a disaster if Sam is sacked now. He's a proven manager and he hasn't even had half a season here. He needs time, patience (something most toon fans don't have) and the support of the St James' Park crowd.

People don't want Allardyce out due to a bad spell though (or not the ones with any sense anyway).  The bloke has been shit from the start with his formations, team selections and decision making.  People are sick of the insipid performances and ludicrous decisions, the terrible results are just the nail in his coffin.

It will be a disaster if Sam is sacked now. He's a proven manager and he hasn't even had half a season here. He needs time, patience (something most toon fans don't have) and the support of the St James' Park crowd.

I'm sure given enough time he can buy the players to turn us into Bolton.. can't wait.

If the right replacement isn't avaialable then keep him for now.  But if Mort/Ashley have the man they want lined up I hope they sack him now and get that manager in.

If there's any truth in the Shearer rumour then I've only got one thing to say:

SHEARER FOR INGERLAND!!!

Come on Chris, please have a brain, I fucking pray that he's got a brain.

Isn't it funny that West Ham seem to be desperate to sign all our shite that we want rid of? :lol:

Aye lets get Shearer in then, nailed on to be better than Sam....

If he's the one the chairman and owner really want then I wouldn't lose any sleep that's for sure.

Good thing Shearer has plenty of managerial experiene and a proven track record eh?

Aye lets get Shearer in then, nailed on to be better than Sam....

If he's the one the chairman and owner really want then I wouldn't lose any sleep that's for sure.

Good thing Shearer has plenty of managerial experiene and a proven track record eh?

No good thing he would actually be the chairman/owners own choice.  Also good that he wouldn't be a vastly overatted manager who can only have his sides play one way and refuses to learn from his mistakes no matter how many times he makes them.

Love how people use Allardyce's past against him then advocate Shearer who doesn't even have any. :lol:

Who's using his past against him?  Its his present activities that are the problem.  His past would be irrelivant if he hadn't shown already that he's stuck there..

Allardyce has already said he isn't trying to turn us into Bolton but he is working on making us more solid first before he tries to get us playing more like Arsenal or Man U. So far it hasn't looked good and some of his decisions have been baffling but I still have faith he will get it right. We are very much a new team so it will take time for things to click, we have also been shit for 3 years so to expect us to be challenging the top 6 is a bit much, especially with some of the money being thrown around these days.

Teams like Blackburn, Pompey and Everton have had their managers in place for a number of years now so its understandable they will be a little more settled and more consistant. Obviously Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea are going to finish above us in the table and teams like West Ham and Villa are very similar to us aswell in terms of the squads (and O'Neill has had a while to settle in and get his ideas into place).

City are the ones who have managed to take a lot of change and gelled quickly, that being said I believe they have spent quite a bit more than us, have had key players available for most of the season and have a fairly settled centre of defence.

To expect/demand that we finish above any of these teams at the moment is raising your hopes a little too much. We simply aren't the team that finished 5th anymore, we have gone backwards while a lot of others have progressed and this is in part down to having a bit of stability. I am sure Everton fans had times when they thought Moyes wasn't the right man for them but I bet most are happy he is still there.

As said before we have had some strange decisions from Allardyce, some where people can see no benefit at all (although with some I have seen what he is trying to do even if I don't really agree with it) but he is a good manager who I am sure is already putting things into place that will help us out in the long term and he just needs a bit of time to get his players on the same wavelength and his formations set and working.