Mort: I’m in charge

Mr Logic

Wasn't Shepherd part of the old board pre SJH? Is he therefore responsible for those bad old days like he's responsible for the success in some eyes under SJH because he was also part of that board too?

quite shocked you are stooping to this level mate.

The answer is no, by the way.

Sir John was though, but resigned when the initial flotation failed due to lack of interest, failing to raise half of 2.5m quid.

This is fact by the way, because I put in to buy shares, and had my cheque returned.

You know me, I admit I can't stand FS and regard his time here as an ultimate failure. I admit my bias.

However, if you are claiming FS as part of the board under Sir John Hall deserves credit for those years then by your same logic, he deserves criticism for being part of the old board before SJH which he was. You are quick to highlight how FS played a role in KK's arrival and use that to defend him, but what about the role as a director or member of the old board he played in the club's woes pre-SJH?

Anyway, just to show how much of a turncoat FS was, he was very much on the side of the old board until SJH flashed him some money.

Oh and I just can't defend a crook.

Did I say crook, sorry I meant cock.

Sorry mate, you're showing your selective memory, guilty of putting personalities before judgements like some others.

lets hope Ashley and Mort back their managers more than the old board shall we ? I hope you don't claim they are "better", until they have proved it. Having said that, if the old board were such "cocks", they should be doing better already, for an example see the mackems since Niall Quinn took over from cocks, or for another example, see our own takeover in 1992 when they took over from cocks.

I hope you can understand this, but I have my doubts I must be honest.

Honestly NE5, I can't defend the man or turn a cheek to what I know. For sure he has done good things and I'm sure he isn't alone in footy but for me, as a so-called NUFC fan, well, I don't know how he can live with himself. SJH was never like that yet he had more scope to do what FS did, not even DH was like that and he had good reason to. Do you not find it suspicious how the takeover all came about like it did and why the Halls wanted out like they did, behind FS's back? They didn't want to be dragged down with it because that's what was going to happen. Only in years to come will we realise what an escape we've had thanks to Ashley and co. I dread to think what would have happened if FS was allowed to carry on or worse still, buy the club for himself.

I'll give you a clue, the warehouse carry on, but x10. I'm not surprised MA enlisted the help of a legal expert, the mess... The last thing you want to do is for something you've just bought for all that money to be confiscated by the old bill and investigated...

I'll say no more.

FS good for NUFC? He had us on the road to ruin man.

Rubbish tbh. The Halls wanted out because they wanted their money. They had touted the club for a while, and were prepared to sell to anyone for the price.

I don't give a toss about a warehouse BTW. Unfortunately, in business [which people like to peddle when it suits them it seems], such things happen everywhere.

Don't you also consider the fact that Sports Direct has replaced the club badge on the top of the GAllowgate stand a conflict of interest, or the adverts for Sports Direct.com if such things bother you ?

If not, why not ?

SHJ didn't want out under Sir Bobby, which was only 3 years ago. And if SJH was prepared to sell to anyone, why didn't he sell to Belgravia and why didn't he sell to all those interested parties Freddy Shepherd is down on record as wanting to buy the club? SJH wanted out because the club HE built was going to s*** and was in financial and other mess and he didn't want his good name to go down with it. If it was about money, why did he do things secretly, why did he not invite offers which would have surely led to other bidders entering the fray? Why did he not sell out to Belgravia despite their interest as I've already mentioned? Why Ashley? Why the months of talks between the two, in secret? Could it be that he found out about certain things and thought, f*** this for a game of snooker, and actually used his contacts to find someone he could trust to buy the club and sort the mess out FS was creating?

Anyway as far as I'm concerned SJH didn't tout the club, if anything it was Shepherd doing that by letting the world and his dog know that the club were receiving offers right left and centre.

You should give a toss about the warehouse btw because there was more than one "warehouse" kind of deal being done behind closed doors, deals that lead to our mounting debts and of course, added to the Shepherds and their cronies growing wealth.

You criticised Souness for wasting money on Boumsong and Luque et al yet for the record, you defend this:

1 Warehouse owned by NUFC sold to Bruce Shepherd for pennies then rented back by NUFC for hundreds of thousands, a warehouse that let me tell you stood empty. If that isn't wasting club money I don't know what is.

I agree such deals do happen in business and especially in football, but it shouldn't. Here you have the Chairman who likes to call himself a died in the wool Geordie and a NUFC fan, basically robbing fans of their money to fund his own ventures with his brother, all at the expense of the club's best interests which is to get value for money and in some cases, save money, not flagrantly waste it and in a less than legitimate way too. How you can defend that or not give a toss yet pull up Souness for example for wasting money on players is not only hypocritical but shocking. This is our club here we are talking about, you may not care where the money goes to and what on (you clearly do if it's a manager you don't like behind it) but I do and so do most fans I imagine. The PLC certainly care as well, as does the fraud office. Ashley obviously cares too. Perhaps that's why football is so bent, too few people caring so long as they get their trophy signings, fed bullshit in the media and because, well hey, things could be worse, we could be back in the 70s and 80s. Well f****** sorry but I don't want to gloss over what I class as mismanagement at it's worst.

As for Ashley, he can do whatever he likes, it's his club, the money is his.

I guarantee you though, the more money Sports Direct makes, the more it will benefit Newcastle United. The more money FS made, the less the club made. If you don't believe me look at what FS made out of NUFC and correlate it with what he left us with, over £100m in debt. This from a club that was cash rich before he took over as Chairman of both the Board and the PLC. And you have the audacity to say he was a good Chairman because we finished in the top 5 a few times. Big f****** deal.

Alan Shearer regarded those finishes as failure. They were nice, but nothing to f****** brag about. Not when Villa with a Chairman you used as the ant-FS have an equal average record to us, and ask Brummie what Villa fans think about the past 10 years.

Oh and how can Sports Direct badges be a conflict of interest? You're clearly showing your bias here and dislike for the new board, the people who got rid of the cancer at Newcastle. Fat f****** Freddy Shepherd and his cronies and their scamming ways.

Honestly mate, it's hilarious how you're comparing Ashley and Co to FS and Co. Ashley in wiping out the debt alone has giving more to this club than FS ever did or could. We can now compete and our future is guranteed. Under FS it went from one crisis to another, it was only a matter of time before we fell off that cliff he had us close to. You should be thankful there is a bloke out their willing to underwrite the years of mismanagement and with it give us a platform to get back to where we were before FS got his dorty hands on the club.

But because the Chairman isn't spouting his head off that there is this and that to spend or that we are going to do this and that in January, this f****** thread reaches 20 odd pages?

Have a word man.

word

I've had a season ticket for 15 years by the way.

When are you going to answer my original questions?

Do you need me to send you some reading glasses?

How old are you?

Cheers

How old are you?

Cheers

I'm 27.

Ta

That was going to be my guess when he said he got his first season ticket aged 12 which was apparently 15 years ago.

Mate, had I seen that post from him before I made my own I obviously wouldn't have asked him. Get it?

You're clutching at straws in an attempt to appear smart, problem is, you aren't at all smart.

How old are you?

Cheers

How old are you?

Cheers

I'm 27.

Ta

That was going to be my guess when he said he got his first season ticket aged 12 which was apparently 15 years ago.

Mate, had I seen that post from him before I made my own I obviously wouldn't have asked him. Get it?

You're clutching at straws in an attempt to appear smart, problem is, you aren't at all smart.

;D

How old are you?

Cheers

How old are you?

Cheers

I'm 27.

Ta

Eh? Is that aimed at me? :undecided:

I thought recently that NE5 had showed himself/ herself to be an improving poster. However, this thread simply shows how arrogant, smug and generally unlikeable he really is.

For shame.

Being critical of someone else is a bit rich coming from someone who is proud of sitting in the Gallowgate end laughing at and booing our own players.....  :clap:

;D

You dont have a bloody clue do you?

;D ;D ;D

Well I don't have a clue why whingers like you go to the match, if that's what you mean. I think laughing at our own players and booing them is a huge clue that you're not a genuine supporter of Newcastle United.

How old are you?

Cheers

How old are you?

Cheers

I'm 27.

Ta

:blush:  That's fair enough, couldn't let the opportunity pass.  Sorry mate  :blush:

FWIW I also agree with what you said here

Just wanted to be clear that nobody has said Fred ever used his own money to back any of the managers of the club.

Of course the money spent on players was the club's money. Spending this money had to be sanctioned by the board and that is what is meant by people when they say, "the board backed the manager in the transfer market." This takes ambition that is not automatic. For decades, previous Board's of Newcastle United did not have the ambition to sanction such a challenge, hence we were often relegated, usually finished mid table to bottom half when we were in the top flight and regularly sold our best players to more ambitious clubs like West Ham and the nappy rippers, for example.

How old are you?

Cheers

How old are you?

Cheers

I'm 27.

Ta

Eh? Is that aimed at me? :undecided:

Errr obviously not. Just follow the quote messed up earlier by someone. I can't be arsed to fix it.

How old are you?

Cheers

How old are you?

Cheers

I'm 27.

Ta

:blush:  That's fair enough, couldn't let the opportunity pass.  Sorry mate  :blush:

FWIW I also agree with what you said here

Just wanted to be clear that nobody has said Fred ever used his own money to back any of the managers of the club.

Of course the money spent on players was the club's money. Spending this money had to be sanctioned by the board and that is what is meant by people when they say, "the board backed the manager in the transfer market." This takes ambition that is not automatic. For decades, previous Board's of Newcastle United did not have the ambition to sanction such a challenge, hence we were often relegated, usually finished mid table to bottom half when we were in the top flight and regularly sold our best players to more ambitious clubs like West Ham and the nappy rippers, for example.

You're welcome. :thup:

I thought recently that NE5 had showed himself/ herself to be an improving poster. However, this thread simply shows how arrogant, smug and generally unlikeable he really is.

For shame.

Being critical of someone else is a bit rich coming from someone who is proud of sitting in the Gallowgate end laughing at and booing our own players.....  :clap:

;D

;D ;D ;D

Well I don't have a clue why whingers like you go to the match, if that's what you mean. I think laughing at our own players and booing them is a huge clue that you're not a genuine supporter of Newcastle United.

Thats quite enough silliness for one night. I'm off for a few jars and to shoot some fish in a barrell.

Wasn't Shepherd part of the old board pre SJH? Is he therefore responsible for those bad old days like he's responsible for the success in some eyes under SJH because he was also part of that board too?

Sir John was though, but resigned when the initial flotation failed due to lack of interest, failing to raise half of 2.5m quid.

This is fact by the way, because I put in to buy shares, and had my cheque returned.

You know me, I admit I can't stand FS and regard his time here as an ultimate failure. I admit my bias.

However, if you are claiming FS as part of the board under Sir John Hall deserves credit for those years then by your same logic, he deserves criticism for being part of the old board before SJH which he was. You are quick to highlight how FS played a role in KK's arrival and use that to defend him, but what about the role as a director or member of the old board he played in the club's woes pre-SJH?

Anyway, just to show how much of a turncoat FS was, he was very much on the side of the old board until SJH flashed him some money.

Sorry mate, you're showing your selective memory, guilty of putting personalities before judgements like some others.

lets hope Ashley and Mort back their managers more than the old board shall we ? I hope you don't claim they are "better", until they have proved it. Having said that, if the old board were such "cocks", they should be doing better already, for an example see the mackems since Niall Quinn took over from cocks, or for another example, see our own takeover in 1992 when they took over from cocks.

Honestly NE5, I can't defend the man or turn a cheek to what I know. For sure he has done good things and I'm sure he isn't alone in footy but for me, as a so-called NUFC fan, well, I don't know how he can live with himself. SJH was never like that yet he had more scope to do what FS did, not even DH was like that and he had good reason to. Do you not find it suspicious how the takeover all came about like it did and why the Halls wanted out like they did, behind FS's back? They didn't want to be dragged down with it because that's what was going to happen. Only in years to come will we realise what an escape we've had thanks to Ashley and co. I dread to think what would have happened if FS was allowed to carry on or worse still, buy the club for himself.

I'll give you a clue, the warehouse carry on, but x10. I'm not surprised MA enlisted the help of a legal expert, the mess... The last thing you want to do is for something you've just bought for all that money to be confiscated by the old bill and investigated...

I'll say no more.

Rubbish tbh. The Halls wanted out because they wanted their money. They had touted the club for a while, and were prepared to sell to anyone for the price.

I don't give a toss about a warehouse BTW. Unfortunately, in business [which people like to peddle when it suits them it seems], such things happen everywhere.

Don't you also consider the fact that Sports Direct has replaced the club badge on the top of the GAllowgate stand a conflict of interest, or the adverts for Sports Direct.com if such things bother you ?

If not, why not ?

SHJ didn't want out under Sir Bobby, which was only 3 years ago. And if SJH was prepared to sell to anyone, why didn't he sell to Belgravia and why didn't he sell to all those interested parties Freddy Shepherd is down on record as wanting to buy the club? SJH wanted out because the club HE built was going to shit and was in financial and other mess and he didn't want his good name to go down with it. If it was about money, why did he do things secretly, why did he not invite offers which would have surely led to other bidders entering the fray? Why did he not sell out to Belgravia despite their interest as I've already mentioned? Why Ashley? Why the months of talks between the two, in secret? Could it be that he found out about certain things and thought, fuck this for a game of snooker, and actually used his contacts to find someone he could trust to buy the club and sort the mess out FS was creating?

Anyway as far as I'm concerned SJH didn't tout the club, if anything it was Shepherd doing that by letting the world and his dog know that the club were receiving offers right left and centre.

You should give a toss about the warehouse btw because there was more than one "warehouse" kind of deal being done behind closed doors, deals that lead to our mounting debts and of course, added to the Shepherds and their cronies growing wealth.

You criticised Souness for wasting money on Boumsong and Luque et al yet for the record, you defend this:

1 Warehouse owned by NUFC sold to Bruce Shepherd for pennies then rented back by NUFC for hundreds of thousands, a warehouse that let me tell you stood empty. If that isn't wasting club money I don't know what is.

I agree such deals do happen in business and especially in football, but it shouldn't. Here you have the Chairman who likes to call himself a died in the wool Geordie and a NUFC fan, basically robbing fans of their money to fund his own ventures with his brother, all at the expense of the club's best interests which is to get value for money and in some cases, save money, not flagrantly waste it and in a less than legitimate way too. How you can defend that or not give a toss yet pull up Souness for example for wasting money on players is not only hypocritical but shocking. This is our club here we are talking about, you may not care where the money goes to and what on (you clearly do if it's a manager you don't like behind it) but I do and so do most fans I imagine (I hope). The PLC certainly care as well, as does the fraud office. Ashley obviously cares too. Perhaps that's why football is so bent, too few people caring so long as they get their trophy signings, fed bullshit in the media and because, well hey, things could be worse, we could be back in the 70s and 80s. Well fucking sorry but I don't want to gloss over what I class as mismanagement at it's worst.

I guarantee you though, the more money Sports Direct makes, the more it will benefit Newcastle United. The more money FS made, the less the club made. If you don't believe me look at what FS made out of NUFC and correlate it with what he left us with, over £100m in debt. This from a club that was cash rich before he took over as Chairman of both the Board and the PLC. And you have the audacity to say he was a good Chairman because we finished in the top 5 a few times. Big fucking deal.

Alan Shearer regarded those finishes as failure. They were nice, but nothing to fucking brag about. Not when Villa with a Chairman you used as the anti-FS have an equal average record to us.... and ask Brummie what Villa fans think about the past 10 years. You won's see many "5th best" crap on their forums.

Oh and how can Sports Direct badges be a conflict of interest? You're clearly showing your bias here and dislike for the new board, the people who got rid of the cancer at Newcastle. Fat fucking Freddy Shepherd and his cronies and their scamming ways.

Honestly mate, it's hilarious how you're comparing Ashley and Co to FS and Co (what is it, 6 months?). Ashley in wiping out the debt alone has giving more to this club than FS ever did or could. We can now compete and our future is guaranteed. Under FS it went from one crisis to another, it was only a matter of time before we fell off that cliff he had us close to, Sir John Hall realised this and took decisive action. You should be thankful there is a bloke out their willing to underwrite the years of mismanagement and with it give us a platform to get back to where we were before FS got his dorty hands on the club.

But because the new Chairman isn't spouting his head off that there is this and that to spend or that we are going to do this and that in January, this fucking thread reaches 20 odd pages?

Have a word man.

I understand that you are another of these anti-Shepherd people, basing your opinions on him being a "fat twat who eats all the pies" than how he[they] backed their managers, proven by your denial of the FACT that it was Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd who were responsible for appointing Keegan as manager. Unable to give any credit for anything.

Never mind.

You miss the point completely, maybe deliberately, because if you DID see the point, it would also force you to give some credit to the old board for backing their managers.

If what Mort says is what he means, and they don't back their managers, you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think they will EVER match those Champions League qualifications.

Sadly, one day, you MAY realise this, but obviously I hope not.

I will remind you that nobody else finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons for 50 years, so its a big deal for NUFC. If you don't mind, I would rather see the current board match it before I start saying they are "better", simply on account that they don't eat all the pies and buy people beer in pubs instead.

Mind, if they actually said they had ambition for the club, like Sir John Hall did [you didn't mind when he said this did you I bet ?] it does no harm at all to say so, and Sir John and Keegan were proof of that. You don't need to spout the party line and the cliches to insinuate that you too have an agenda, just be consistent in your views.

word

It would great if you limited yourself to this type of post more often....

I'm off for a pie now. Is that ok with you even though I'm obviously a useless b****** 'cos I'm fat?

Cheers

haha, why? because i disagree with you? so what?  you do what you want mate, enjoy that pie, i've never mentioned weight, although you keep trying to suggest i have. by the way, interesting isnt it that i wrongly assumed you were taking a particular line of thinking earlier in the thread, and when you pulled me up on it i apologised straight away, and yet when i did the same to you regarding the fat comments, you pathetically tried to worm out of it without showing an ounce of humility.....

its obviously not just the younguns who've got something to learn

For shame.

;D

;D ;D ;D

Thats quite enough silliness for one night. I'm off for a few jars and to shoot some fish in a barrell.

which of course, has nothing to do with the thread, nor putting a case forward against the facts that have been posted. But thats normal for you  :lol:

When you aren't advocating booing your own players, that is.

For shame.

;D

;D ;D ;D

I'd like to say something like, "well deflected" but in fact I can't.

It was a mistake on your part when you posted how great you think it is that you boo and laugh at our own players from your seat in the Gallowgate.

Despite "forum personalities" and how things blow hot and cold on here between some people, that was one of the most amazing admissions I've ever read on this forum and definitely does not show you up in a good light.

Things are posted during "debates" on here that I often think people don't really mean, I think many people arguing on here would get on over a pint or two. In your case though, I really believe you shouldn't bother going to matches. The club doesn't need people like you. You should take your heckling, booing and laughing to a kids pantomine, or something.

word

I'm off for a pie now. Is that ok with you even though I'm obviously a useless b****** 'cos I'm fat?

Cheers

haha, why? because i disagree with you? so what?  you do what you want mate, enjoy that pie, i've never mentioned weight, although you keep trying to suggest i have. by the way, interesting isnt it that i wrongly assumed you were taking a particular line of thinking earlier in the thread, and when you pulled me up on it i apologised straight away, and yet when i did the same to you regarding the fat comments, you pathetically tried to worm out of it without showing an ounce of humility.....

Not at all, anybody can disagree with me all they like, it's a forum and I'm always up for a debate but I don't think you're capable of it, hence my last comment to you.

BTW When I made the earlier post in response to your comment about weight I wasn't trying to worm out of anything.

You can swear at me now.

Cheers again

word

Cheers

Not at all, anybody can disagree with me all they like, it's a forum and I'm always up for a debate but I don't think you're capable of it, hence my last comment to you.

BTW When I made the earlier post in response to your comment about weight I wasn't trying to worm out of anything.

You can swear at me now.

Cheers again

you WERE trying to worm out of it, and you didnt succeed, regardless of what you think i am or aren't capable of, i could see that pretty clearly, and once again you've proved rather arrogant when confronted with the fact you were posting without reading, so there you go, i'm not capable of debate, you're not capable of admitting you made a mistake, none of us are perfect

and as for the swearing, i only see one swear word in this block of quotes, and i've never ever sworn AT anyone on this forum, used bad language yes, but not directed towards anyone on this forum i.e fuck off, you need to up your game, i'm not intimidated in the slightest

Guest Knightrider

I'll say no more.

If not, why not ?

SHJ didn't want out under Sir Bobby, which was only 3 years ago. And if SJH was prepared to sell to anyone, why didn't he sell to Belgravia and why didn't he sell to all those interested parties Freddy Shepherd is down on record as wanting to buy the club? SJH wanted out because the club HE built was going to shit and was in financial and other mess and he didn't want his good name to go down with it. If it was about money, why did he do things secretly, why did he not invite offers which would have surely led to other bidders entering the fray? Why did he not sell out to Belgravia despite their interest as I've already mentioned? Why Ashley? Why the months of talks between the two, in secret? Could it be that he found out about certain things and thought, fuck this for a game of snooker, and actually used his contacts to find someone he could trust to buy the club and sort the mess out FS was creating?

I agree such deals do happen in business and especially in football, but it shouldn't. Here you have the Chairman who likes to call himself a died in the wool Geordie and a NUFC fan, basically robbing fans of their money to fund his own ventures with his brother, all at the expense of the club's best interests which is to get value for money and in some cases, save money, not flagrantly waste it and in a less than legitimate way too. How you can defend that or not give a toss yet pull up Souness for example for wasting money on players is not only hypocritical but shocking. This is our club here we are talking about, you may not care where the money goes to and what on (you clearly do if it's a manager you don't like behind it) but I do and so do most fans I imagine (I hope). The PLC certainly care as well, as does the fraud office. Ashley obviously cares too. Perhaps that's why football is so bent, too few people caring so long as they get their trophy signings, fed bullshit in the media and because, well hey, things could be worse, we could be back in the 70s and 80s. Well fucking sorry but I don't want to gloss over what I class as mismanagement at it's worst.

I guarantee you though, the more money Sports Direct makes, the more it will benefit Newcastle United. The more money FS made, the less the club made. If you don't believe me look at what FS made out of NUFC and correlate it with what he left us with, over £100m in debt. This from a club that was cash rich before he took over as Chairman of both the Board and the PLC. And you have the audacity to say he was a good Chairman because we finished in the top 5 a few times. Big fucking deal.

Alan Shearer regarded those finishes as failure. They were nice, but nothing to fucking brag about. Not when Villa with a Chairman you used as the anti-FS have an equal average record to us.... and ask Brummie what Villa fans think about the past 10 years. You won's see many "5th best" crap on their forums.

Oh and how can Sports Direct badges be a conflict of interest? You're clearly showing your bias here and dislike for the new board, the people who got rid of the cancer at Newcastle. Fat fucking Freddy Shepherd and his cronies and their scamming ways.

Honestly mate, it's hilarious how you're comparing Ashley and Co to FS and Co (what is it, 6 months?). Ashley in wiping out the debt alone has giving more to this club than FS ever did or could. We can now compete and our future is guaranteed. Under FS it went from one crisis to another, it was only a matter of time before we fell off that cliff he had us close to, Sir John Hall realised this and took decisive action. You should be thankful there is a bloke out their willing to underwrite the years of mismanagement and with it give us a platform to get back to where we were before FS got his dorty hands on the club.

But because the new Chairman isn't spouting his head off that there is this and that to spend or that we are going to do this and that in January, this fucking thread reaches 20 odd pages?

Have a word man.

I understand that you are another of these anti-Shepherd people, basing your opinions on him being a "fat twat who eats all the pies" than how he[they] backed their managers, proven by your denial of the FACT that it was Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd who were responsible for appointing Keegan as manager. Unable to give any credit for anything.

Never mind.

You miss the point completely, maybe deliberately, because if you DID see the point, it would also force you to give some credit to the old board for backing their managers.

If what Mort says is what he means, and they don't back their managers, you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think they will EVER match those Champions League qualifications.

I will remind you that nobody else finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons for 50 years, so its a big deal for NUFC. If you don't mind, I would rather see the current board match it before I start saying they are "better", simply on account that they don't eat all the pies and buy people beer in pubs instead.

Mind, if they actually said they had ambition for the club, like Sir John Hall did [you didn't mind when he said this did you I bet ?] it does no harm at all to say so, and Sir John and Keegan were proof of that. You don't need to spout the party line and the cliches to insinuate that you too have an agenda, just be consistent in your views.

I am anti-Shepherd NE5 and that's because he's a robbing scumbag who for years mismanaged the club I love.  I've already admitted I'm biased too. I can't stand the man. Does it cloud my judgment though? No, because I have put forward numerous balanced views on him, his time here and his successes and failures. I have praised him, defended him even and of course criticised him in the past. Now that he's gone though, the tone of my posts sum up my feelings for the man and his era here and I'm not going to pussy foot around these things just to add some "balance" or to be "fair".

If what Mort says is what he means

is that about probably not spending big in january ? i have no problem with it,personally i see it as allardyce still being on trial...or was there a bit i missed when mort said money would never be there for players not ever ever ever ? if so i missed it.

a) i don't trust what chairmen  say regarding transfers anyway....it would be daft to ratchet up prices by saying we were deffo in tyhe market.(i'd rather wait and see what actually happens rather than what they say the month prior.

b) that previous board let a few transfer windows go by without buying big. (does that mean they were crap ?)

Guest Knightrider

proven by your denial of the FACT that it was Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd who were responsible for appointing Keegan as manager. Unable to give any credit for anything.

Where have I denied this, where have I not giving them any credit? Sorry NE5 but you're talking shite here and this is typical of you, claiming people have said this and that when they clearly haven't. If I have, I'd like to see you point it out please.

Err, why are you bringing this up. I have never once said that the old board never backed their manager much less failed to give them any credit. Here you go again making things up and lying about what people have said. Can you point out where I've supposedly said this?

What kind of statement is that? I have never claimed if the new board don't back the manager that we will still make it to the Champions League. You're losing the plot now mate  :idiot2:

But who says they are better? Come back in 10 years time with this self created argument of yours then we will all be able to judge  who was better or worse. As for the top 5 being a big deal, well it isn't a big deal to me. Not when the other 7 years saw us spend out time in mid-table while clubs without our resources, size and so-called ambitions acheieved more or if you're Villa, the same on average.

I notice you didn't respond to my post either like I have done yours, you just blurted out a load of random nonsense claiming I said this and that when I clearly haven't, which is sad as I know you can debate these things, or that me and you can anyway.

Anyway happy Xmas, if these threads prove anything, it's our appetite for our club which extends far beyond just watching them and going to the match :thup:

I'll say no more.

If not, why not ?

Have a word man.

Never mind.

I am anti-Shepherd NE5 and that's because he's a robbing scumbag who for years mismanaged the club I love.  I've already admitted I'm biased too. I can't stand the man. Does it cloud my judgment though? No, because I have put forward numerous balanced views on him, his time here and his successes and failures. I have praised him, defended him even and of course criticised him in the past. Now that he's gone though, the tone of my posts sum up my feelings for the man and his era here and I'm not going to pussy foot around these things just to add some "balance" or to be "fair".

backs his managers.

Single, and most important thing a board can do.

The significance will not dawn on people, until we have one that doesn't do it.

If they back their managers, their personality - and any sidlines they have as this is the way of business everywhere - don't enter into it

Not backing their managers and not showing ambition, especially if they run a big club like us, is what I would call rotten, robbing scumbags.

What a difference 90 single minutes, when the PLAYERS let us down - twice - would make eh ?

I'll say no more.

If not, why not ?

SHJ didn't want out under Sir Bobby, which was only 3 years ago. And if SJH was prepared to sell to anyone, why didn't he sell to Belgravia and why didn't he sell to all those interested parties Freddy Shepherd is down on record as wanting to buy the club? SJH wanted out because the club HE built was going to s*** and was in financial and other mess and he didn't want his good name to go down with it. If it was about money, why did he do things secretly, why did he not invite offers which would have surely led to other bidders entering the fray? Why did he not sell out to Belgravia despite their interest as I've already mentioned? Why Ashley? Why the months of talks between the two, in secret? Could it be that he found out about certain things and thought, f*** this for a game of snooker, and actually used his contacts to find someone he could trust to buy the club and sort the mess out FS was creating?

I agree such deals do happen in business and especially in football, but it shouldn't. Here you have the Chairman who likes to call himself a died in the wool Geordie and a NUFC fan, basically robbing fans of their money to fund his own ventures with his brother, all at the expense of the club's best interests which is to get value for money and in some cases, save money, not flagrantly waste it and in a less than legitimate way too. How you can defend that or not give a toss yet pull up Souness for example for wasting money on players is not only hypocritical but shocking. This is our club here we are talking about, you may not care where the money goes to and what on (you clearly do if it's a manager you don't like behind it) but I do and so do most fans I imagine (I hope). The PLC certainly care as well, as does the fraud office. Ashley obviously cares too. Perhaps that's why football is so bent, too few people caring so long as they get their trophy signings, fed bullshit in the media and because, well hey, things could be worse, we could be back in the 70s and 80s. Well f****** sorry but I don't want to gloss over what I class as mismanagement at it's worst.

I guarantee you though, the more money Sports Direct makes, the more it will benefit Newcastle United. The more money FS made, the less the club made. If you don't believe me look at what FS made out of NUFC and correlate it with what he left us with, over £100m in debt. This from a club that was cash rich before he took over as Chairman of both the Board and the PLC. And you have the audacity to say he was a good Chairman because we finished in the top 5 a few times. Big f****** deal.

Alan Shearer regarded those finishes as failure. They were nice, but nothing to f****** brag about. Not when Villa with a Chairman you used as the anti-FS have an equal average record to us.... and ask Brummie what Villa fans think about the past 10 years. You won's see many "5th best" crap on their forums.

Oh and how can Sports Direct badges be a conflict of interest? You're clearly showing your bias here and dislike for the new board, the people who got rid of the cancer at Newcastle. Fat f****** Freddy Shepherd and his cronies and their scamming ways.

But because the new Chairman isn't spouting his head off that there is this and that to spend or that we are going to do this and that in January, this f****** thread reaches 20 odd pages?

Have a word man.

I understand that you are another of these anti-Shepherd people, basing your opinions on him being a "fat t*** who eats all the pies" than how he[they] backed their managers, proven by your denial of the FACT that it was Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd who were responsible for appointing Keegan as manager. Unable to give any credit for anything.

Never mind.

backs his managers.

If they back their managers, their personality - and any sidlines they have as this is the way of business everywhere - don't enter into it

Not backing their managers and not showing ambition, especially if they run a big club like us, is what I would call rotten, robbing scumbags.

What a difference 90 single minutes, when the PLAYERS let us down - twice - would make eh ?

so bearing in mind ashleys first transfer window has the manager spoending more than the average net spend you'd have to say he has started by backing the manager ?

you WERE trying to worm out of it, and you didnt succeed, regardless of what you think i am or aren't capable of, i could see that pretty clearly, and once again you've proved rather arrogant when confronted with the fact you were posting without reading, so there you go, i'm not capable of debate, you're not capable of admitting you made a mistake, none of us are perfect

and as for the swearing, i only see one swear word in this block of quotes, and i've never ever sworn AT anyone on this forum, used bad language yes, but not directed towards anyone on this forum i.e fuck off, you need to up your game, i'm not intimidated in the slightest

Goodo. Not that I'm trying to intimidate anybody, though. Shame you can't say the same, given your provocative and sarcastic posts all over this thread.

Thanks again.

proven by your denial of the FACT that it was Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd who were responsible for appointing Keegan as manager. Unable to give any credit for anything.

Where have I denied this, where have I not giving them any credit? Sorry NE5 but you're talking shite here and this is typical of you, claiming people have said this and that when they clearly haven't. If I have, I'd like to see you point it out please.

Err, why are you bringing this up. I have never once said that the old board never backed their manager much less failed to give them any credit. Here you go again making things up and lying about what people have said. Can you point out where I've supposedly said this?

What kind of statement is that? I have never claimed if the new board don't back the manager that we will still make it to the Champions League. You're losing the plot now mate  :idiot2:

But who says they are better? Come back in 10 years time with this self created argument of yours then we will all be able to judge  who was better or worse. As for the top 5 being a big deal, well it isn't a big deal to me. Not when the other 7 years saw us spend out time in mid-table while clubs without our resources, size and so-called ambitions acheieved more or if you're Villa, the same on average.

I notice you didn't respond to my post either like I have done yours, you just blurted out a load of random nonsense claiming I said this and that when I clearly haven't, which is sad as I know you can debate these things, or that me and you can anyway.

Anyway happy Xmas, if these threads prove anything, it's our appetite for our club which extends far beyond just watching them and going to the match :thup:

Well, if someone takes over from a shite board, its obvoius straight away, because they do better straight away. As I've said, our old board did better from day 1 when they came in, and likewise the mackems.

Taking over from a board who are far from shite, will indeed take time, because they have a lot to prove. This is my point, and it would appear you agree with it without realising, but that goes for many people on here.

I am only saying that I do hope they prove themselves to be better. People who are saying we are better off without the old board, are judging the new board to be better by virtue of their own comment, is this correct ?

So, my point is quite simply, they haven't proved anything of the kind.

Not everybody is fooled by PR stunts.

You appear to be supporting the other posters who are saying all of the above, hence the general reply, but you did say a few days ago that Sir John Hall deserves the credit for appointing Keegan, when he does not.

And Happy Xmas to you too mate. I hope its a happy New Year for all of us, and the board prove their ambition by making a good buy or 2 for the club which puts us into the top 6, and back into europe asap. Not taking the piss, you know I mean this.

I'll say no more.

If not, why not ?

I agree such deals do happen in business and especially in football, but it shouldn't. Here you have the Chairman who likes to call himself a died in the wool Geordie and a NUFC fan, basically robbing fans of their money to fund his own ventures with his brother, all at the expense of the club's best interests which is to get value for money and in some cases, save money, not flagrantly waste it and in a less than legitimate way too. How you can defend that or not give a toss yet pull up Souness for example for wasting money on players is not only hypocritical but shocking. This is our club here we are talking about, you may not care where the money goes to and what on (you clearly do if it's a manager you don't like behind it) but I do and so do most fans I imagine (I hope). The PLC certainly care as well, as does the fraud office. Ashley obviously cares too. Perhaps that's why football is so bent, too few people caring so long as they get their trophy signings, fed bullshit in the media and because, well hey, things could be worse, we could be back in the 70s and 80s. Well f****** sorry but I don't want to gloss over what I class as mismanagement at it's worst.

Alan Shearer regarded those finishes as failure. They were nice, but nothing to f****** brag about. Not when Villa with a Chairman you used as the anti-FS have an equal average record to us.... and ask Brummie what Villa fans think about the past 10 years. You won's see many "5th best" crap on their forums.

But because the new Chairman isn't spouting his head off that there is this and that to spend or that we are going to do this and that in January, this f****** thread reaches 20 odd pages?

Have a word man.

I understand that you are another of these anti-Shepherd people, basing your opinions on him being a "fat t*** who eats all the pies" than how he[they] backed their managers, proven by your denial of the FACT that it was Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd who were responsible for appointing Keegan as manager. Unable to give any credit for anything.

Never mind.

backs his managers.

so bearing in mind ashleys first transfer window has the manager spoending more than the average net spend you'd have to say he has started by backing the manager ?

We will see. As the old board have been slated for spunking money on the likes of Boumsong, Luque, Marcelino etc whats your opinion on spending 6m on Enrique and hardly playing him ?

Or is it the manager to blame now, but the chairman when it was Fred ?

and as for the swearing, i only see one swear word in this block of quotes, and i've never ever sworn AT anyone on this forum, used bad language yes, but not directed towards anyone on this forum i.e f*** off, you need to up your game, i'm not intimidated in the slightest

Goodo. Not that I'm trying to intimidate anybody, though. Shame you can't say the same, given your provocative and sarcastic posts all over this thread.

Thanks again.

gold

go on, address the rest of the post, have a go