Save our Shola!

Guest BooBoo

Guest eyeball_tickler

i remember something like this last year. if only i could drag it back up and name and shame the shola fans.

whether we spend in the transfer market or not, Shola will be one of the two main strikers - FACT

blueyes.gif

Roeder has been bleating on about pace- to compliment Ameobi rather than replace him.

I think that has more to do with him not being able too afford 2 quality strikers really though.

whether we spend in the transfer market or not, Shola will be one of the two main strikers - FACT

This is true. Under Glenn Roeder, Luque got less chances than Chopra last season and Owen isn't even worth talking about.

Whichever striker we buy (if we buy one), it is to partner Ameobi. He will be in the team whenever fit, he's an automatic choice. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he's one of the first names on the teamsheet now, because Roeder doesn't view Luque as anywhere near him. This is the sad reality of the situation.

i dont really understand why some people keep saying Shola is just a pile of shit. He´s a fine player but not a great one but he does score and you should respect him for that and show him some support.

Shola was only ever meant to be back-up, and as backup he's not bad.

But he's not backup any more, he's one of the first names on the teamsheet. He will get a lot of games this season and much will depend on how he performs. He's overdue a good season, maybe he can be our one-season-wonder until Owen returns? *trying desperately to end this on a positive note*

If people are going ot be optimistic that Ameobi is going to score 20+ goals then im gonna be optimistic and say we are gonna go into the transfer market in the last minute and sign Wayne Bridge, Gravesen and a striker who is gonna score the goals we need next season. Not likely at all, but its about as likely as Ameobi is to score 20+ goals.

God, Kuyt is signing for Liverpool tomorrow, and along with that the confirmation of what we all knew was going to happen, we ain't signing shit up front.

I feel sick.

Guest eyeball_tickler

But he's not backup any more, he's one of the first names on the teamsheet. He will get a lot of games this season and much will depend on how he performs. He's overdue a good season, maybe he can be our one-season-wonder until Owen returns? *trying desperately to end this on a positive note*

he gets loads of games every year, plays very badly in 90% of them and people turn a blind eye. however, i expect england to come calling before 2008.

however, i expect england to come calling before 2008.

:lol: I hope you're joking. Rooney, Owen (if he is the same player still), Ashton, Crouch, Bent, Defoe, Johnson. All better than Ameobi, and we don't even know if some of them are International quality yet. Even the likes of Beattie and Fowler are better than Ameobi and they aren't even International class at all. Beattie never was, and Fowler isn't the player hwas obviously.

Guest eyeball_tickler

:lol: I hope you're joking. Rooney, Owen (if he is the same player still), Ashton, Crouch, Bent, Defoe, Johnson. All better than Ameobi, and we won't even know if some of them are International quality yet. Even the likes of Beattie and Fowler are better than Ameobi and they aren't even International class at all. Beattie never was, and Fowler isn't the player hwas obviously.

he almost did against ukraine at sjp a few years ago. he got a late injury and he wasnt picked. gutted i was, gutted. i do think he'll at least be mentioned as a possible call up if he has a run ala back end of last season.

:lol: I hope you're joking. Rooney, Owen (if he is the same player still), Ashton, Crouch, Bent, Defoe, Johnson. All better than Ameobi, and we won't even know if some of them are International quality yet. Even the likes of Beattie and Fowler are better than Ameobi and they aren't even International class at all. Beattie never was, and Fowler isn't the player hwas obviously.

he almost did against ukraine at sjp a few years ago. he got a late injury and he wasnt picked. gutted i was, gutted. i do think he'll at least be mentioned as a possible call up if he has a run ala back end of last season.

It's embarassing that some players have ever been capped at International level. Eriksson called up a youngster who had never played a second of Premeirship football for the world cup. I don't think McClaren will be quite as stupid as Eriksson.

Guest eyeball_tickler

It's embarassing that some players have ever been capped at International level. Eriksson called up a youngster who had never played a second of Premeirship football for the world cup. I don't think McClaren will be quite as stupid as Eriksson.

on the strength of his first squad, he seems more in touch with whats happening in the prem league. but still a few useless players made it in so dont be suprised when you see shola and titus doing battle for england at euro 2008.

on the strength of his first squad, he seems more in touch with whats happening in the prem league. but still a few useless players made it in so dont be suprised when you see shola and titus doing battle for england at euro 2008.

bluecry.gif Jt's gonna be at least 44 years of hurt then.

Guest eyeball_tickler

in some weird peverse way, it would be worth it to watch our boys taking on europe.

in some weird peverse way, it would be worth it to watch our boys taking on europe.

Can we not just loan them out to Derry then?

Guest eyeball_tickler

Can we not just loan them out to Derry then?

is kazakhstan in europe?

Roeder is now saying on SS that Shola is good enough to fill Shearers shirt. Sounds like the transfer activity is over to me. The more I hear from Roeder the more I think he is just Freddy's mouthpiece, promising everything and delivering fuck all. I'm not looking forward to the start of this season at all

Guest Knightrider

It's shitey pro Shola threads like this that make the forum shit, not duplicate topics.

So why do you hang around then?

Guest thompers

It's shitey pro Shola threads like this that make the forum shit, not duplicate topics.

To set myself new targets and goals in the world of being a WUM.

Not to improve the quality of discussion, then.

Guest Knightrider

You have a long way to go to become a WUM :lol: