Save our Shola!

Guest BooBoo

Guest thompers

It's shitey pro Shola threads like this that make the forum shit, not duplicate topics.

So why do you hang around then?

To set myself new targets and goals in the world of being a WUM.

You have a long way to go to become a WUM :lol:

I'm just suttle ;)

• 1 year later...
Guest Ridzuan

He should be send to the African Cup of Nations in the first place.Anyway back to the topic,I dont think Keegan had much choice to choose from at the moment in terms of our strikers.If Viduka was fit last Saturday,Ameobi would be sitting on the bench.But it is just a matter of time before Keegan buy a new striker and Ameobi getting frozen out again.Keegan is a smart guy he knows what is best.

We can't write him off yet, there's still plenty of nufc.co.uk headlines left in him.

GOALa Ameobi

Shola - I'm going to AmeoBE a legend.

I AMeobi gonna fight for my place.

SHOla me the way to Wembly

Ameobi to get more goals this season than there are fish in an entire SHOLA fish.

mackems.gif

Guest The Libertine

"Ameobi said he would have quit the club had he continued to be ignored by Allardyce."

he definitely, definitely wouldnt have. he'll never ask to leave. and its good to see him playing the "im a geordie, remember" card again.

He keeps on getting these chances but I think most of us know he just cannot cut it at the highest level, but we do not have many choices at the moment, so until Martins comes back or if we sign someone then I want him to stay. In the summer though I hope he moves on. Pity for the lad as I believe he wants the best for the Toon, I see him being a very effective Championship player.

If that fat nugget for Stoke can be a handful in teh Championship then surely Shola can to.

Pompey target Shola swoop

Jan 22 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

PORTSMOUTH boss Harry Redknapp has been checking on Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi.

But the word from the south coast today was that there is no way Redknapp would use his England defender Sol Campbell to lure Ameobi to Fratton Park.

And with such a paper-thin squad, United boss Kevin Keegan is looking to add to it rather than losing any of his senior players.

No current United player can top Ameobi’s tally of 46 goals for the club – Oba Martins is next with 24 – but the former England Under-21 striker faces competition at St James’s Park from Martins, Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and the up-and- coming Andy Carroll.

Redknapp has Kanu, who was stretchered off playing for Nigeria in the African Cup of Nations last night, and John Utaka in Ghana, so he is desperate for a striker. He is also looking at Milan Baros at Lyon.

Harry actually rang me last Wednesday to explain why he had turned down the managerial job with United – and his parting shot was to ask about Ameobi.

But the Pompey boss has Linvoy Primus out for the rest of the season with a knee injury and he does not want to split up his central defensive pairing of Campbell and Sylvain Distin.

Campbell, of course, was a United target last season and it has long been rumoured that he was dating the daughter of a leading Tyneside businessman.

Ameobi wants to stay and prove himself under Kevin Keegan at St James’s Park and he started KK’s first game back in charge – playing 90 minutes in Saturday’s goalless draw with Bolton Wanderers, despite not having kicked a ball in the first team since Newcastle’s Carling Cup defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium in late September.

And Keegan was full of praise for the 26-year-old’s efforts with the United boss, saying: “I asked Shola if we could get 30 minutes out of him off the bench, and he played 90 minutes.

“It wasn’t ideal for him, but I thought he did terrifically well for us.”

Keegan added that he was confident Ameobi was capable of improving his game, and putting the injury problems of recent seasons firmly behind him.

Meanwhile, John Arne Riise was left out of the Liverpool 16 for last night’s Premier League game with Aston Villa at Anfield, prompting talk that this had been done at the request of Martin O’Neill who wants to take the Norwegian international to Villa Park.

But Riise is the sort of attacking left-back that Keegan likes – in the mould of one of his first signings in his first spell as manager at St James’ Park John Beresford – and could be the answer to one of United’s problem positions.

Get him sold!

Guest Sniffer

Give the twat away. Or take him out back and shoot him.

Ameobi is one of the biggest jokes going and anybody who thinks differently falls into the " thick geordie bastard " category who has no idea about football.

IMHO.

Pompey target Shola swoop

Jan 22 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

PORTSMOUTH boss Harry Redknapp has been checking on Newcastle United striker Shola Ameobi.

But the word from the south coast today was that there is no way Redknapp would use his England defender Sol Campbell to lure Ameobi to Fratton Park.

And with such a paper-thin squad, United boss Kevin Keegan is looking to add to it rather than losing any of his senior players.

No current United player can top Ameobi’s tally of 46 goals for the club – Oba Martins is next with 24 – but the former England Under-21 striker faces competition at St James’s Park from Martins, Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith and the up-and- coming Andy Carroll.

Redknapp has Kanu, who was stretchered off playing for Nigeria in the African Cup of Nations last night, and John Utaka in Ghana, so he is desperate for a striker. He is also looking at Milan Baros at Lyon.

Harry actually rang me last Wednesday to explain why he had turned down the managerial job with United – and his parting shot was to ask about Ameobi.

But the Pompey boss has Linvoy Primus out for the rest of the season with a knee injury and he does not want to split up his central defensive pairing of Campbell and Sylvain Distin.

Campbell, of course, was a United target last season and it has long been rumoured that he was dating the daughter of a leading Tyneside businessman.

Ameobi wants to stay and prove himself under Kevin Keegan at St James’s Park and he started KK’s first game back in charge – playing 90 minutes in Saturday’s goalless draw with Bolton Wanderers, despite not having kicked a ball in the first team since Newcastle’s Carling Cup defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium in late September.

And Keegan was full of praise for the 26-year-old’s efforts with the United boss, saying: “I asked Shola if we could get 30 minutes out of him off the bench, and he played 90 minutes.

“It wasn’t ideal for him, but I thought he did terrifically well for us.”

Keegan added that he was confident Ameobi was capable of improving his game, and putting the injury problems of recent seasons firmly behind him.

Meanwhile, John Arne Riise was left out of the Liverpool 16 for last night’s Premier League game with Aston Villa at Anfield, prompting talk that this had been done at the request of Martin O’Neill who wants to take the Norwegian international to Villa Park.

But Riise is the sort of attacking left-back that Keegan likes – in the mould of one of his first signings in his first spell as manager at St James’ Park John Beresford – and could be the answer to one of United’s problem positions.

Get him sold!

You just got to love Anal  mackems.gif

Hate this stuff about him being the leading goalscorer at the club with 46 overall. Yes, in what, 8 years?! One good spell under Roeder and an acceptable stand-in under Robson. He has no touch, balance, real power, can't hold up the ball efficiently.... just plain not bothered enough to dislike him. Although blatantly at another club would score a goal off his arse which denied us a place in Europe or knocked us out of a cup or something. Problem is to be good he needs a long-run of games (that he got under Roeder and Robson when Bellamy was injured), and he's never going to get it if and when Viduka et al are fit. I would say happy as a stand-in but him playing a bit-part role is counter-productive as he'll never get enough games to improve. We're rotting his career by keeping him here, and he's rotting our patience with his occasional stand-in under-par performance. No future at the club. I couldn't care less if he's from Newcastle, so is my mate's dog, donesn't mean he earns a contract.