NUFC Crocks XI

Kitman

Because I was bored, I came up with the following team who'd be guaranteed never ever to play together.  They'd get to know each other pretty well in the treatment room though  :razz:  This a Crocks XI not a Workshy Malingerers XI although many of the *ahem * players below could get into that side too  :-[.

Forwards:  Owen, Kluivert

Mids:  Bernard, Duff, Dyer, Bellamy

Defs:   Babayaro, Marcelino, Woodgate, Carr

Goal:  Craig Moore

Couldn't think of an injury prone keeper so Moore deputises as he's turned up pissed and picked up the wrong jersey in the changing room  :cheesy:.  Obviously the midfielders are mainly playing out of position but if Allardyce is allowed to do it, so am I.

Can anyone do better?

Given seems quite injury prone to me actually. Harper seems to play more than his fair share of games in the last couple of seasons compared to other no 2 keepers.

Someone will probably pull the stats out now and I'm wrong but that's the impression I get.

Given seems quite injury prone to me actually. Harper seems to play more than his fair share of games in the last couple of seasons compared to other no 2 keepers.

Someone will probably pull the stats out now and I'm wrong but that's the impression I get.

Since the Harewood injury yes. Before that his nickname wasn't Lazarus for nothing.

Good point 1878 but up till last season he was pretty indestructible (nickname Lazarus), to the point Harper never got a game.  So didn't seem fair somehow.

THere was a few years where Shearer was meanto to be as injury prone as little Michael. Things CAN change! Big Al should be in there...

I reckon Left Back at the toon has become a cursed position in recent years.  Like being the drummer in Spinal Tap.  Previous incumbents have included Carl Serrant, Olivier Bernard, Celestine Babyaro.  Who became a collection of knackers.  If only Dalglish had bought that lucky heather from the old gypsy woman, none of this would have happened and Baba would be a toon legend.  On second thoughts maybe not.