Alan Smith

tmonkey

Smith is a player with the attributes to play up front, not as a midfielder. He needs time to get into it but the football retards on this forum had written him off before he even kicked a ball here for some reason, which kind of points toward it being a "dislike of the person" no matter how much people can protest otherwise. The same idiots have been writing off Duff.

Some people need to step back and take a good look at themselves.

So, noone is allowed to judge Smith based on what theyve seen (which includes a fair few games up front) throughout his career? Hes a good player and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot and biased against him?

:lol:

I think someone is a bit of a Smith fanboy.

I can't understand why you're quoting me unless you're confusing me with someone who gives a toss about your opinion.

Ive quoted you because im one of the "idiots" you took a stab at, someone who didnt want us to sign either Duff or Smith, and for good reasons too outside of your paranoid, delusional "negative bias" bollocks.

You take cheap shots left, right and centre, start mocking when you cant debate with  :idiot2: :idiot2: and  mackems.gif mackems.gif icons, and now resort to angry attacks because you dont like the same kind of treatment.

Very nice of you. In future, dont post bollocks if you dont want people replying to it.

And just one thing. Who says im quoting you for your attention? Its more a case of pointing out the ridiculous flaws in logic and basic common sense in your posts. Which you obviously dont like, irrespective of whether you value someone's opinion or not.

Smith is a player with the attributes to play up front, not as a midfielder. He needs time to get into it but the football retards on this forum had written him off before he even kicked a ball here for some reason, which kind of points toward it being a "dislike of the person" no matter how much people can protest otherwise. The same idiots have been writing off Duff.

So, noone is allowed to judge Smith based on what theyve seen (which includes a fair few games up front) throughout his career? Hes a good player and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot and biased against him?

I can't understand why you're quoting me unless you're confusing me with someone who gives a toss about your opinion.

Ive quoted you because im one of the "idiots" you took a stab at, someone who didnt want us to sign either Duff or Smith, and for good reasons too outside of your paranoid, delusional "negative bias" bollocks.

You take cheap shots left, right and centre, start mocking when you cant debate with  :idiot2: :idiot2: and  mackems.gif mackems.gif icons, and now resort to angry attacks because you dont like the same kind of treatment.

Very nice of you. In future, dont post bollocks if you dont want people replying to it.

And just one thing. Who says im quoting you for your attention? Its more a case of pointing out the ridiculous flaws in logic and basic common sense in your posts. Which you obviously dont like, irrespective of whether you value someone's opinion or not.

mackems.gif

Angry? You're also shite at judging the mood of people when they make their posts. Your nonsense makes me laugh mate, you really shouldn't make out your posts are at all important.

mackems.gif

Angry? You're also s**** at judging the mood of people when they make their posts. Your nonsense makes me laugh mate, you really shouldn't make out your posts are at all important.

Fine, you weren't angry. Since you clearly dont know, the internet is pretty infamous for being a communication medium which can easily lead to misinterpreted intents.

Trust you to pick out on one word and ignore the rest of the post. It still doesnt hide the fact that you take cheap shots at people with a different opinion to you, and clearly dislike a similar form of treatment, otherwise why the big man "excuse me mate, noone gives a shit about your opinion" on an internet forum based around opinions?

Fine, you weren't angry. Since you clearly dont know, the internet is pretty infamous for being a communication medium which can easily lead to misinterpreted intents.

Trust you to pick out on one word and ignore the rest of the post. It still doesnt hide the fact that you take cheap shots at people with a different opinion to you, and clearly dislike a similar form of treatment, otherwise why the big man "excuse me mate, noone gives a shit about your opinion" on an internet forum based around opinions?

One word? Which one was that among the diatribe?

If you haven't got it by now you'll never understand, so I won't bother trying to explain too much. Suffice to say, I like to debate and I'm fully aware people have different opinions and that's ok with me. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good old snipe though.

If you want to slag me off any further send me a PM, I'm sure others are finding this boring....

Ta

Quote from Sam after the Wigan match:

I also thought Alan Smith did a great job in front of the back four, but after that we didnt do anything in terms of what we wanted to create."

:frantic:

I don't think it was Smith that was the problem. He was given that task and did it alright. The back 4 defended well and Smith helped along. However, if you play Smith in that position, why do you need Geremi play? Geremi was totally shocking and was totally out of position with Smith taking up the role he usually would. It was so negative!!

I can't believe Sam is blaming the players when it was obviously his tactics which totally took some people out of the game as there wasn't enough support for the attacking players.

“I also thought Alan Smith did a great job in front of the back four, but after that we didn’t do anything in terms of what we wanted to create."

I don't think it was Smith that was the problem. He was given that task and did it alright. The back 4 defended well and Smith helped along. However, if you play Smith in that position, why do you need Geremi play? Geremi was totally shocking and was totally out of position with Smith taking up the role he usually would. It was so negative!!

I can't believe Sam is blaming the players when it was obviously his tactics which totally took some people out of the game as there wasn't enough support for the attacking players.

It's the same old story. The idiot is out of his depth at a big club, he is too negative and too cautious.

I couldnt believe what I was seeing when I walked into the ground. Maybbe against Man Utd, but Wigan ffs, we should be all over them and attacking them from all positions. If we need extra defending options to deal with one of our cast offs and a mackem failure then something is seriously wrong!

:lol: Nerves well and truly touched.

Eh?

And you accuse me of being intentionally obtuse.

I honestly don't have the foggiest what you're on about.

Ta

Don't worry about it.

Cheers.

I also thought Alan Smith did a great job in front of the back four, but after that we didnt do anything in terms of what we wanted to create."

It's the same old story. The idiot is out of his depth at a big club, he is too negative and too cautious.

And to think that his last two clubs spent around £6m each on him...

Smith's a forward. Simple as and he's a pretty decent one at that, albeit lacking in the goals department. Allardyce thinks he's a versatile midfielder though, which he plainly isn't. You'd think the Arsenal game would have told Allardyce where Smith should be playing.

Guest Mcdonald36

Smith's a forward. Simple as and he's a pretty decent one at that, albeit lacking in the goals department.

Hmm, It all becomes clear.

I've never like Smith, he's got to be on the most overrated players in the game, which is ignored because he throws himself head first into a few tackles and argues with the ref.

Smith's a forward. Simple as and he's a pretty decent one at that, albeit lacking in the goals department.

Hmm, It all becomes clear.

I've never like Smith, he's got to be on the most overrated players in the game, which is ignored because he throws himself head first into a few tackles and argues with the ref.

You and the majority of this forum, so you should feel at home.

I doubt the bloke can do anything right.....

Allardyce is the one who should be getting the stick re: Smith.

Won't happen while it's giving people the chance to moan on about Smith and how crap he is.

He's become an unfair whipping boy imo and I'm not convinced he's been our worst player either.

Won't happen while it's giving people the chance to moan on about Smith and how crap he is.

He's become an unfair whipping boy imo and I'm not convinced he's been our worst player either.

It's not unfair at all, he's done nothing for us in midfield and contributed little to the team from an attacking point of view when playing up front.

If you're going to accommodate a striker into the team that offers no threat on goal then he must be offering the team something special to compensate for that, what is Smith offering?

As I've said already, many had already made up their mind about him before he joined.

Proving he is a lying, stupid wanker. Fat Souness, thats all he is.

I defy anyone to honestly say Smith has been any good for us, up front or in midfield.

“I also thought Alan Smith did a great job in front of the back four, but after that we didn’t do anything in terms of what we wanted to create."

I defy anyone to honestly say Smith has been any good for us, up front or in midfield.

He's hardly played up front.

I think it's a good idea for you to stop moaning about everything and everyone and give the bloke a chance, he has good attributes. He needs a good run in the position, some confidence and a positive approach from the team in general before he can be judged properly. Obviously.

Played well upfront against Arsenal didn't he? If you played him upfront all the time he'd do a canny job. He's not great by any means, mainly because he doesn't score enough. He'd make more than his fair share of chances if he was allowed to form a partnership with the right sort of forward though - i.e. someone who would thrive on his flick-ons and cute lay-offs and touches. Those are his strengths. I don't rate Martins much, for example, but he's in a similar boat - i.e. looks awful played wide right rather than through the middle where he at least carries a goal threat.

He's hardly played up front.

I think it's a good idea for you to stop moaning about everything and everyone and give the bloke a chance, he has good attributes. He needs a good run in the position, some confidence and a positive approach from the team in general before he can be judged properly. Obviously.

We've seen him play up front. He was okay against arsenal, no more, for parts of the game. For other parts of the game, and every other time, he was gash. What does he need, time to settle into the Premiership??