OK it was a poor performance and result BUT

stozo

I wish people would stop with this 'instant success' jibe. Yes, there are an idiotic few who expect instant success with Allardyce, but the majority of 'moaners' are more concerned at the lack of progression.

Yes, managers need time, and rebuilding does take time, but it doesn't mean we have to sit and accept shit. In that time, you need to see signs of improvement, something we've yet to properly see with Allardyce. There's no hints at the moment that things will get better, we seem to take one step forward, then two steps back. We're making the same mistakes we made under Roeder and Souness, and producing the same kind of result. Yes we've washed the shit out, but we haven't exactly improved the squad from there.

In the next few months, I need evidence to convince me that in a few years, we'll be a much better side and that Allardyce is the man for the job. At the moment, I'm not seeing that.

I wish people would stop with this 'instant success' jibe. Yes, there are an idiotic few who expect instant success with Allardyce, but the majority of 'moaners' are more concerned at the lack of progression.

Yes, managers need time, and rebuilding does take time, but it doesn't mean we have to sit and accept s***. In that time, you need to see signs of improvement, something we've yet to properly see with Allardyce. There's no hints at the moment that things will get better, we seem to take one step forward, then two steps back. We're making the same mistakes we made under Roeder and Souness, and producing the same kind of result. Yes we've washed the s*** out, but we haven't exactly improved the squad from there.

In the next few months, I need evidence to convince me that in a few years, we'll be a much better side and that Allardyce is the man for the job. At the moment, I'm not seeing that.

We are just coming off the back of an awful run of injuries which has certainly hindered our progress. Our 'first choice' back four must have only played together once or twice in total this season. The midfield has performed poorly, due to a lack of creative players which  is why i'm keeping my fingers crossed we'll get someone like Arshavin in. We've tinkered too much with the strike force to have any solid goalscoring partnership. As Rooney and Tevez proved earlier this season, strikers need games to get to know each other and to start scoring consistently. Personally, i'm not convinced any of our strikers are good enough to bag 20 goals a season in this league.

In May this year this club was a fucking shambles both on and off the pitch. Since then everything has changed but like most things time is needed before we can fully reap the rewards. In my opinion, the OTT nature of the fans discontent just doesn't correspond with our position in the league or our performances on the pitch.

People have got ideas above their station and somehow think that a new manager, new owner and new batch of players will instantly lift us into the top 8. Newsflash - it wont. Why? Because we're not a top half side and haven't been for sometime. We need time to build and Allardyce proved at Bolton he's capable of building a club. Some of his selections have been baffling and his tactics certainly aren't easy on the eye but we haven't got the quality through out the squad to play this one touch brand of football. Good managers don't just become bad managers over night and some of the inroads we're making off the pitch (poaching good young talent from here and abroad, improved fitness levels, team bonding trips etc.) are all down to Allardyce. They were part of the package we were asking for when he came in.

Patience is a virtue and it's one that is sorely needed here at the minute because if we do get rid of BSA at the end of the season we'll be sitting here moaning about the exact same thing at the exact same time of year when the next manager comes in. As Everton, Pompy, Villa, Man United, Blackburn and Bolton under Sam have proved, continuity is often one of the keys to success.

More importantly whos the lass in your avater? :parky:

In May this year this club was a f****** shambles both on and off the pitch. Since then everything has changed but like most things time is needed before we can fully reap the rewards. In my opinion, the OTT nature of the fans discontent just doesn't correspond with our position in the league or our performances on the pitch.

People have got ideas above their station and somehow think that a new manager, new owner and new batch of players will instantly lift us into the top 8. Newsflash - it wont. Why? Because we're not a top half side and haven't been for sometime. We need time to build and Allardyce proved at Bolton he's capable of building a club. Some of his selections have been baffling and his tactics certainly aren't easy on the eye but we haven't got the quality through out the squad to play this one touch brand of football. Good managers don't just become bad managers over night and some of the inroads we're making off the pitch (poaching good young talent from here and abroad, improved fitness levels, team bonding trips etc.) are all down to Allardyce. They were part of the package we were asking for when he came in.

Patience is a virtue and it's one that is sorely needed here at the minute because if we do get rid of BSA at the end of the season we'll be sitting here moaning about the exact same thing at the exact same time of year when the next manager comes in. As Everton, Pompy, Villa, Man United, Blackburn and Bolton under Sam have proved, continuity is often one of the keys to success.

More importantly whos the lass in your avater? :parky:

Jenny Lewis

In May this year this club was a f****** shambles both on and off the pitch. Since then everything has changed but like most things time is needed before we can fully reap the rewards. In my opinion, the OTT nature of the fans discontent just doesn't correspond with our position in the league or our performances on the pitch.

News archive footage - we were a top 7 side merely a year and a half ago, and the only players of significance missing from that squad when Allardyce took over were Bowyer & an ageing Shearer . Unless you think we only achieved that due to the management & tactical skills of Souness & Roeder?

I think we achieved it due to a wave of optimism surrounding the club with the potential appointment of a 'world class manager', many of whom had applied for the job the second Souness was ejected from the SJP hot seat if Fat Fred was to be believed. This meant there was little or no pressure of Rodders or the team, as most fan had already written the season off.

Anyway, Roeder seems to do that at every club he joins. I'm sure he dabbles in the dark arts.

:clap:

Quality. We got 7th with a s*** squad (in your opinion) on the promise of a potential appointment for half the season.

We should just get some better players in and do that every year then. If we sack Allardyce now and hint that we're getting Mourinho in the Summer we might get in the Champions League.  :cheesy:

News archive footage - we were a top 7 side merely a year and a half ago, and the only players of significance missing from that squad when Allardyce took over were Bowyer & an ageing Shearer . Unless you think we only achieved that due to the management & tactical skills of Souness & Roeder?

I think we achieved it due to a wave of optimism surrounding the club with the potential appointment of a 'world class manager', many of whom had applied for the job the second Souness was ejected from the SJP hot seat if Fat Fred was to be believed. This meant there was little or no pressure of Rodders or the team, as most fan had already written the season off.

Anyway, Roeder seems to do that at every club he joins. I'm sure he dabbles in the dark arts.

:clap:

Quality. We got 7th with a s*** squad (in your opinion) on the promise of a potential appointment for half the season.

We should just get some better players in and do that every year then. If we sack Allardyce now and hint that we're getting Mourinho in the Summer we might get in the Champions League.  :cheesy:

There was also the fact that the teams around us played very poorly and dropped a lot of points.

If I read the words "he needs time" once more I might go on a killing sprea.  How much time does it take for someone to realise that N'Zogbia isn't a left back?  Or that Milner is far better on the right, or that Geremi and Butt are useless together in midfield?  How much time does it take for a manager to see that whenever he brings on Emre we play better?  Is he fucking slow or what?

There was also the fact that the teams around us played very poorly and dropped a lot of points.

They were probably s*** scared of the potential manager we were going to get.  :razz:

06-07 7 Bolton 56

05-06 7 Newcastle 58

04-05 7 Boro 55

03-04 7 Charlton 53

I will concede that the 7th place finish was significantly due to a player which Allardyce hasn't had available to him for most of the season due to injury...

I think its hard to predict as Newcastle are too unpredictable. We draw today with many expecting a win and draw with Arsenal with many expecting defeat. We're likely to beat Man United away and then lose to Sunderland at home!

Put your life savings and your home on us getting beat off Man U away. (And home quite likely)

Its the safest of bets.

If I read the words "he needs time" once more I might go on a killing sprea.  How much time does it take for someone to realise that N'Zogbia isn't a left back?  Or that Milner is far better on the right, or that Geremi and Butt are useless together in midfield?  How much time does it take for a manager to see that whenever he brings on Emre we play better?  Is he f****** slow or what?

To back you up mate how about the many times he subs or drops his buys and he spends 6 million on a full back who we still cannot  make our minds up on weather he is a good prospect or not as he gets so little time on the pitch ,derby was the ideal game to bring him back and balance out the rest of the team and we all know what happened .Hardly a sign of confidence in the players HE purchased ,for once just put out a team to make the most of what we have against the whipping boys of the division and that goes for more games to follow . :banghead: