Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prove it?!

Prove that he had a dream??

You do know I was just joking, right?

Nope, just think you read it wrong ;)

So shearergol....do you think Modric will come? Or do you think he'd rather sign for Spurs instead? :lol: ;)

Ahh, all this time and you still didn't understand that point. Smashing.

I think he'll go to Liverpool.

But wouldn't you be a bit embarrassed if we did sign Modric?

I mean if you thought Tiago was unrealistic, then.....

;)

I can't be bothered to go over this point with you again, sorry.

However....

A player who has already turned down the chance to move the Premiership is less likely to sign than a player who is looking to come to the premiership. No?

Yes, but we're Newcastle...on one wants to sign for us....blah blah blah...yada yada yada.

Anyway, chill out, was just joking. ;)

erm, i tried

OF HOW had Kevin Keegan been man who ga had for masne good sum doveo per cent. James Park , Alan Shearer trust of how would plus ovog crop Keegan spent million in order to doveo at the most talent Euro plus restore Newcastle where appurtenant into a top England soccer player. Shearer had namely alive to with potentiality arrivals highly cijenjenog Croatian conjunctive Luke Littleness , which would give ought yield revival per cent. James Park , these large wish Keegana French of attack Thierryjem Henryjem , you want desert Barcelonu. Keegan had large trainer plus signed vjerujem into a his weigh. Whom annual ring him dovede this had large potentiality plus soccer player who had up to for at the most throw. Ovom club truly had necessarily yes we do at the end of high season low Zagreb into a pocket plus through cornerstone rub up crew. AND this had constantly entertainment , of how for me so that plus for whole rooter Newcastle , who will may dream about large uspjesima following high season ", he said Alan Shearer. Though I appreciate Luku Littleness Shearer mentioning yes we do bi Keeganov at the most success yet whether subscription learner contract with Michelle Owen. Svaka worship svim newly born child , limit per a menu yet had primary sign a late contract with Owen. Him had player kakvog Newcastle does not mirth lose "

OF HOW had Kevin Keegan been ovjek who ga had for masne good sum doveo per cent. James Park , Alan Shearer trust of how oh plus ovog crop Keegan spent million in order to doveo at the most talent Euro plus restore Newcastle where appurtenant into a top England soccer player. Shearer had namely alive to with potentiality arrivals highly cijenjenog Croatian conjunctive Luke Littleness , which would give ought yield revival per cent. James Park , these large wish Keegana French of attack Thierryjem Henryjem , you want desert Barcelonu. Keegan had large trainer plus signed vjerujem into a his weigh. Whom annual ring him dovede this had large potentiality plus soccer player who had up to for at the most throw. Ovom club truly had necessarily yes we do at the end of high season low Zagreb into a pocket plus through cornerstone rub up lad. AND this had constantly entertainment , of how for me so that plus for whole cheering Newcastle , who oh moi dream about large uspjesima following high season ", he said Alan Shearer. Though I appreciate Luku Littleness Shearer mentioning yes we do bi Keeganov at the most success yet whether subscription learner contract with Michelle Owen. Svaka ast svim newly born child , limit per a menu yet had primary sign a late contract with Owen. Him had playing kakvog Newcastle does not mirth lose "

:lol: :lol:

erm, i tried

OF HOW had Kevin Keegan been man who ga had for masne good sum doveo per cent. James Park , Alan Shearer trust of how would plus ovog crop Keegan spent million in order to doveo at the most talent Euro plus restore Newcastle where appurtenant into a top England soccer player. Shearer had namely alive to with potentiality arrivals highly cijenjenog Croatian conjunctive Luke Littleness , which would give ought yield revival per cent. James Park , these large wish Keegana French of attack Thierryjem Henryjem , you want desert Barcelonu. Keegan had large trainer plus signed vjerujem into a his weigh. Whom annual ring him dovede this had large potentiality plus soccer player who had up to for at the most throw. Ovom club truly had necessarily yes we do at the end of high season low Zagreb into a pocket plus through cornerstone rub up crew. AND this had constantly entertainment , of how for me so that plus for whole rooter Newcastle , who will may dream about large uspjesima following high season ", he said Alan Shearer. Though I appreciate Luku Littleness Shearer mentioning yes we do bi Keeganov at the most success yet whether subscription learner contract with Michelle Owen. Svaka worship svim newly born child , limit per a menu yet had primary sign a late contract with Owen. Him had player kakvog Newcastle does not mirth lose "

:lol: online translator?

Prove it?!

Prove that he had a dream??

You do know I was just joking, right?

Nope, just think you read it wrong ;)

So shearergol....do you think Modric will come? Or do you think he'd rather sign for Spurs instead? :lol: ;)

Ahh, all this time and you still didn't understand that point. Smashing.

I think he'll go to Liverpool.

But wouldn't you be a bit embarrassed if we did sign Modric?

I mean if you thought Tiago was unrealistic, then.....

;)

I can't be bothered to go over this point with you again, sorry.

However....

A player who has already turned down the chance to move the Premiership is less likely to sign than a player who is looking to come to the premiership. No?

Yes, but we're Newcastle...on one wants to sign for us....blah blah blah...yada yada yada.

Anyway, chill out, was just joking. ;)

The funny thing is, I'm one person who thinks that every player in the world will sign for us, so no idea what you've got that from.

I'm chilled by the way, looking forward to the West ham match :D

Actually I reckon it's probably a bit of this:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/04/25/alan-shearer-backs-kevin-keegan-to-make-newcastle-great-89520-20394128/

Alan Shearer expects Kevin Keegan to revamp Newcastle with some top signings this summer despite their fabulous end-of-season form.

Keegan has rejuvenated the side that struggled under Sam Allardyce and initially under his own reign.

The Magpies lie second in the Premier League form table with an impressive 14 points from their last six games.

Now Shearer - for whom Keegan smashed the transfer record back in 1996 - expects the Toon boss to bring in some big names to turn Newcastle back into a Premier League power.

Keegan is already set to land £20million Croatian playmaker Luka Modric and has been linked with an audacious swoop for Barcelona striker Thierry Henry. Shearer believes there are more big names to come. The BBC pundit said: "I'm sure Kevin knows who he wants as we speak.

"I certainly hope they go out and spend a lot of money on bringing a lot of new players in. It could be exciting times again.

"He's said his top signing will be to get Michael Owen to sign a new contract but I think you can expect a few big ones, I don't think you should be surprised if that's the case."

Modric, 22, visited the club's training ground yesterday accompanied by Dinamo Zagreb vice-chairman Zdravko Mamic. Modric visited the club's Darsley Park training headquarters after holding talks with executive director Dennis Wise at the stadium.

Should Newcastle beat off competition from Barcelona and Chelsea for the midfielder his fee would shatter the £17m they paid for England striker Owen almost three years ago.

It would also be a clear indication of the extent to which owner Mike Ashley is prepared to fund Keegan's rebuilding programme.

Speaking at the launch of the B BC's Euro 2008 coverage, Shearer added: "I'm not sure a lot of people doubted him within Newcastle. Maybe a lot of people doubted him outside but although he hasn't proved them wrong he's going that way now, and he'll get it right, I'm sure of it.

"It makes me laugh really. If you looked at the situation closely enough you would understand why he was having such a tough time.

"But with the system they're playing and the chances they're creating its no surprise to see that they're scoring goals and enjoying themselves.

"Kevin was always going to be under the microscope. But his first five or six games were tough fixtures. He had taken over a team where confidence was rock-bottom. In fact, they didn't have any. He has also had to change the system completely in terms of the way they play.

"Taking all that into account it was no surprise that they didn't win their first few games. But now it is no surprise that they've picked up a couple of wins and pulled away. In a way it's a shame the season is ending because Newcastle are having their best run of the season."

Shearer admits, however, that he was pleasantly surprised by Keegan's deeper role for Owen which has resulted in the England man netting eight goals in 11games.

He said: "I don't know whether Kevin sort of stumbled on it like Rafa Benitez did with Gerrard and Torres. But there was an injury to James Milner and he was left with the three and he probably just said: 'Go and play lads. Michael, you take a slightly deeper role'.

"Michael's intelligent enough to do it and he's doing it very well."

Particularly the bit in bold.

I suspect it is just another example of the apparent media love of Modric in Croatia, in that the media are pretty much hitting refresh every 15 minutes on .cock, Chronicle and the Nationals at the moment, and whenever a new Newcastle story comes up, they are looking to put a Modric spin on it.

Signing Modric may be very good for promoting and selling the NUFC brand in Croatia.

Guest mrainey

Can someone translate it ?

Well actually there's no quote directly mentioning Modric in there. Just quotes Shearer saying he believes in Keegans judgement of a footballer, and whomever he brings it's bound to be a high potential and a top quality player. Says that this club really needs a solid investment and team rebuilding so that he, along with all Newcastle supporters, can hope for a successful next season. He goes on saying that's even more important to prolong Owen's contract.

Just using and abusing the lad. Now run off and find more quotes ;)

;D

Just wait until this has all blown over. You will return on here and people will pretend they have never heard of you. Evil bastards.

Guest mrainey

Dear me... where's our Croatian friend?

:elvis:

You're going to be very busy for the next few weeks/months I feel. :laugh:

Ye i got that funny feeling as well :)

Guest icemanblue

:banghead:

what's this supposed to mean, Mr ITK? Deal collapsed?

Haha, nah mate. I'm not Mr. ITK, it's just a lucky coincedence that i'm getting this information first hand! I crave attention far too much to watch my comments go ignored. I know, for a fact, that there is a meeting in London today to attempt to iron out a few details relating to the deal. I can't guarantee it'll be successful, but we'll be giving it a bloody good shot.

Guest mrainey

mrainey doesn't really know Croatian, he's just getting his post count up so he can spam the forum.

:razz:

:celb: Spam? Who, me? :celb: