Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just been reading the Modric thread on the RAWK forum.  According to one of the thieving inebriates on there Bilic might only be saying good things about us and advising Modric to come here because he could secretly have a deal setup to replace Keegan after Euro 2008.  Because apparently Keegan is "on thing ice at the moment"  :idiot2: mackems.gif

Just shows you should never believe anyting you read on a forum!

Just been reading the Modric thread on the RAWK forum.  According to one of the thieving inebriates on there Bilic might only be saying good things about us and advising Modric to come here because he could secretly have a deal setup to replace Keegan after Euro 2008.  Because apparently Keegan is "on thing ice at the moment"  :idiot2: mackems.gif

I take it they haven't watched us recently then? :lol:

:banghead:

what's this supposed to mean, Mr ITK? Deal collapsed?

Haha, nah mate. I'm not Mr. ITK, it's just a lucky coincedence that i'm getting this information first hand! I crave attention far too much to watch my comments go ignored. I know, for a fact, that there is a meeting in London today to attempt to iron out a few details relating to the deal. I can't guarantee it'll be successful, but we'll be giving it a bloody good shot.

So will you be hearing anything about this meeting when its finished then?

Guest icemanblue

I wouldn't bother humouring him tbh.

What's your beef, like? Have I ever claimed to know anything about transfers before?

Guest icemanblue

:banghead:

what's this supposed to mean, Mr ITK? Deal collapsed?

Haha, nah mate. I'm not Mr. ITK, it's just a lucky coincedence that i'm getting this information first hand! I crave attention far too much to watch my comments go ignored. I know, for a fact, that there is a meeting in London today to attempt to iron out a few details relating to the deal. I can't guarantee it'll be successful, but we'll be giving it a bloody good shot.

So will you be hearing anything about this meeting when its finished then?

I hope so pal. I'll post anything I find out on here.

Sorry, I'm just naturally very wary of people on here claiming to know insider information for obvious reasons.

If you're telling the truth then fair enough, but there's no way you can prove it so I for one will remain suspicious. No offence meant, obviously.

Hopefully you're right and talks are ongoing.

To be fair to Dave people come and go on here spouting we are signing the world so he's hardly at fault if he doubts Iceman (even if it is true, I'm not saying it's not) I hope it is to be fair, I want it to pop up going MODRIC SIGNS FOR TOON like everyone else.  :weep:

Keegan Speaks

KEVIN Keegan today labelled Newcastle United target Luka Modric one of the brightest midfield prospects in Europe.

The 22-year-old made a hush-hush visit to the club's training ground earlier this week with a view to a record £20m move to St James's' Park.

And Keegan, speaking ahead of tomorrow's visit to West Ham, admitted his interest in the Croatia international.

He told the Gazette: "If you had a list of the midfield players around Europe who Newcastle could possibly attract, Luka Modric would be one of them.

"I think he would be pretty much on any list. If you look at the midfield players who have a fantastic future, he would be one of them.

"But every other club in the league would also be looking at him."

Keegan was asked about a report today linking him with Barcelona striker Thierry Henry.

He joked: "It looks fantastic doesn't it? It's been fantastic around the training ground this week, with Thierry Henry and Deco here for lunch.

"But let's get back to reality. I think the Thierry Henry story came from a talk-in I did when a 10-year-old kid asked me if there was one player I would could fetch in, who would it be?

"I said Thierry Henry, and from there we're now signing him.

"If Mike Ashley came down (to the training ground) he could have lunch with me and Thierry Henry.

"It's nice because people believe we can get big-name players, but we have just got to keep it real and not let people draw us down one-way streets.

"But there's no point parking players here who are squad players. A few people rang me and said they had really good squad players, but we have got enough squad players here."

Keegan Speaks

KEVIN Keegan today labelled Newcastle United target Luka Modric one of the brightest midfield prospects in Europe.

The 22-year-old made a hush-hush visit to the club's training ground earlier this week with a view to a record £20m move to St James's' Park.

And Keegan, speaking ahead of tomorrow's visit to West Ham, admitted his interest in the Croatia international.

He told the Gazette: "If you had a list of the midfield players around Europe who Newcastle could possibly attract, Luka Modric would be one of them.

"I think he would be pretty much on any list. If you look at the midfield players who have a fantastic future, he would be one of them.

"But every other club in the league would also be looking at him."

Keegan was asked about a report today linking him with Barcelona striker Thierry Henry.

He joked: "It looks fantastic doesn't it? It's been fantastic around the training ground this week, with Thierry Henry and Deco here for lunch.

"But let's get back to reality. I think the Thierry Henry story came from a talk-in I did when a 10-year-old kid asked me if there was one player I would could fetch in, who would it be?

"I said Thierry Henry, and from there we're now signing him.

"If Mike Ashley came down (to the training ground) he could have lunch with me and Thierry Henry.

"It's nice because people believe we can get big-name players, but we have just got to keep it real and not let people draw us down one-way streets.

"But there's no point parking players here who are squad players. A few people rang me and said they had really good squad players, but we have got enough squad players here."

Very, very, very, positive signs with regards to our transfer policy :D Bolded bit especially.

Sorry, I'm just naturally very wary of people on here claiming to know insider information for obvious reasons.

If you're telling the truth then fair enough, but there's no way you can prove it so I for one will remain suspicious. No offence meant, obviously.

Hopefully you're right and talks are ongoing.

Think you're pretty safe mate. My ITK source knows nothing about this deal, so it's probably going to happen ;)

I hope we don't hope get all our signings sorted out early, otherwise what are we and Sky Sports going to do on transfer deadline day!

Can't miss out on the thrill of previous late signings such as Sibi & Rossi :)

Doesnt really tell us much but would seem we are no were near signing him at the moment

Who Modric?  I don't think we can draw that conclusion.

When i read it i thought it was more like we have an interest but thats as far as it as gone hope im wrong like

Doesnt really tell us much but would seem we are no were near signing him at the moment

When i read it i thought it was more like we have an interest but thats as far as it as gone hope im wrong like

That's the impression I got as well.. but what I'm hoping is they aren't giving anything away until the deal is done? Just my thought on things.

As far as sky goes.. they'll miss standing outside St james park all day talking to the school kids about ronaldinho and kaka doing keepy upy's in Morts office while they wait to sign if we get all our deals done early.

I wouldn't expect Keegan to go any further then positive words/admitting an interest in signing a player, not until the deal was done.  The fact that he hasn't denied the rumours or ridiculed them as he did with the Henry rumour makes it pretty clear that we are after Modric.  But it doesn't tell us anything about how close we might be to signing him IMO.