Random Question Re: Silverware

Yorkie

We won the Division 1 Championship in 92/93; why is it not regarded as a piece of silverware that we've won?

Genuine question. Always felt it a bit strange - we got a trophy for it.

*No one say Intertoto!

We won the Division 1 Championship in 92/93; why is it not regarded as a piece of silverware that we've won?

Genuine question. Always felt it a bit strange - we got a trophy for it.

*No one say Intertoto!

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

I wonder what i will do the day we win something major, wow its kind of weird to think about.  ???

I think the most natural thing to do then is to celebrate with a expensive dinner at Mr. Hong.

And get so wasted i wont know what hit me the day after, then realizing that we won, and get to be as happy again as i was the day before.

Oh what a day that would be.  :crazy2:

I fear we will never know. 96 was the best chance i can see us ever having in my lifetime (I am 36)

I wonder what i will do the day we win something major, wow its kind of weird to think about.  ???

I think the most natural thing to do then is to celebrate with a expensive dinner at Mr. Hong.

And get so wasted i wont know what hit me the day after, then realizing that we won, and get to be as happy again as i was the day before.

I fear we will never know. 96 was the best chance i can see us ever having in my lifetime (I am 36)

We've had chances, and we'll have more. One day, we'll do it. Think how close we've come to the FA Cup or even the UEFA Cup. We'll get one of those bastards one of these days.

We've had chances, and we'll have more. One day, we'll do it. Think how close we've come to the FA Cup or even the UEFA Cup. We'll get one of those bastards one of these days.

Humiliated?

Aye...Very close mate.

Humiliated?

Aye...Very close mate.

Well, making it to the final is as close as you can get to winning without actually, well, winning.

Humiliated?

Aye...Very close mate.

Well, making it to the final is as close as you can get to winning without actually, well, winning.

I'd rather go out in the 3rd round than see what i saw in both our recent FA cup finals.

Humiliated?

Aye...Very close mate.

I'd rather go out in the 3rd round than see what i saw in both our recent FA cup finals.

Well, I don't agree with that, though I see your point. Tbh, I thought we were going to win the UEFA Cup. Certain, in fact. I got a ticket for the pissing final. Fucking Drogba, the twat.

Humiliated?

Aye...Very close mate.

Well, I don't agree with that, though I see your point. Tbh, I thought we were going to win the UEFA Cup. Certain, in fact. I got a ticket for the pissing final. Fucking Drogba, the twat.

Yeah, even though we wern't in the final for me thats the closest in my lifetime of breaking the curse.

Say he was injured for the month?  :weep:

Humiliated?

Aye...Very close mate.

i wouldn't..the semi win V spurs was a cracking day out.

Humiliated?

Aye...Very close mate.

The two finals were both cracking days out, as were the two semi finals we lost.  On all 4 occasions the only thing that put a downer on the day was the 2 and a bit hours in the stadium

The two finals were both cracking days out, as were the two semi finals we lost.  On all 4 occasions the only thing that put a downer on the day was the 2 and a bit hours in the stadium

The trips home are a bit shit.

Humiliated?

Aye...Very close mate.

didn't really enjoy the days out that much. london is horrid and wembley was an ugly old tart.

the weekend for the semi debacle V manure was a weekend that will live long in my memory.

(sometimes it's not just about the game)

1999/2000

Outplaying chelsea, beat them and one game v Aston Villa to win the FA cup.

didn't really enjoy the days out that much. london is horrid and wembley was an ugly old tart.

the weekend for the semi debacle V manure was a weekend that will live long in my memory.

I'm no fan of London but when it's got up to 30,000 pissed Geordies swelling the numbers then it becomes a different place.

I'm no fan of London but when it's got up to 30,000 pissed Geordies swelling the numbers then it becomes a different place.

i never really enjoy games in london that much i dislike the place that much.

gloucester before cardiff was something else.

1999/2000

Outplaying chelsea, beat them and one game v Aston Villa to win the FA cup.

I always forget that one. I would have said UEFA Cup 04/05, but that was probably never going to happen. 99/00 probably was the best chance we'll have had.

With regard to the original question, in the season we got promoted it was a worthless piece of shit.  Since then, however, it has been one of the main trophies worth winning in the whole league, especially if The Mackems or Smogs win it.  It's a lot like the annual 'North East Top Dogs' comptetition that gets cancelled if The Mackems or Smogs decline to put an entry in.....