Who on here seriously wants Shearer?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Totally ignored my point about his time at Hartlepool, excellent.  :thup:

I thought so to.  :thup:

You've heard a few rumours about Newell, have a banana.  :razz:

A few rumours?

Nar I never witnessed Mike Newell pissed up starting fights and that did I?  :rolleyes:

I also was never familiar with him being banned from most boozers in the town, no I just heard that as well.  :rolleyes:

Stalker?

A few rumours?

Nar I never witnessed Mike Newell pissed up starting fights and that did I?  :rolleyes:

I also was never familiar with him being banned from most boozers in the town, no I just heard that as well.  :rolleyes:

Stalker?

No Parky, it would be me being correct.

A few rumours?

Stalker?

Another banana on the way...

A few rumours?

Stalker?

Top drawer of a reply.  :clap:

A few rumours?

Stalker?

I DON'T WANT SHEARER OF NEWELL but it is the kind of partnership that could work.

Try reading the whole of my posts.

A few rumours?

Stalker?

I DON'T WANT SHEARER OF NEWELL but it is the kind of partnership that could work.

Did I ever say you did? Quite clearly not.

A few rumours?

Stalker?

Did I ever say you did? Quite clearly not.

You win.

• 2 weeks later...

It might be what the club needs, but i'd prefer an experience man coming in.

If we did go for Shearer, then if we could get someone like Houillier as a DOF (or similar role) to help guide him through his early days then i'd be more than happy with the change right now.

We'd at least know he'd get time from the fans, a link and bond straight off the belt, and hopefully backing from the board appointing their own man. It might not be a bad thing overall as a backed Shearer is better than a SA getting nowt in terms of cash or support from the players, fans and board.

Come on!!

If we did go for Shearer, then if we could get someone like Houillier as a DOF (or similar role) to help guide him through his early days then i'd be more than happy with the change right now.

We'd at least know he'd get time from the fans, a link and bond straight off the belt, and hopefully backing from the board appointing their own man. It might not be a bad thing overall as a backed Shearer is better than a SA getting nowt in terms of cash or support from the players, fans and board.

Come on!!

You think it's Shearer?

Come on!!

You think it's Shearer?

Both of them, not sure which way its going to be titled, but it sounds very promising according to sky.

Best we could realistically go for imo.

Guest shaun11177

A Manager will want to choose his own Director of Football-what if the 2 were chosen seperately and didnt get on.

It would also have to be clear who decides on the signing of players-Manager will insist its him.

Who picks team+tactics-got to be the Manager. If someone like Shearer needs advice im sure Sir Bobby or Alan Hansen are at the end of the phone,why employ anyone full time.

I think the Director of Football has to be involved in appointing the manager for it to work personally as he is the bridge between the board and the manager. Not convinced a DoF is the way forward, I just think it has to be in that order, not the other way round.

Houllier for the managers job and Shearer for assistant, no DOF role from what i gather.

I would be fine with that. What bothered me was all this Shearer (on his own) as manager lark.

Houllier is a bit of an old codger and his indepth knowledge should top up Shearer's clueless bonce.

Houllier for the managers job and Shearer for assistant, no DOF role from what i gather.

I would be fine with that. What bothered me was all this Shearer (on his own) as manager lark.

Houllier is a bit of an old codger and his indepth knowledge should top up Shearer's clueless bonce.

Its perfect, even the two styles should blend together nicely.

The KK/AS combo had a major problem, i just felt there wasn't too much KK could offer to the equation for Shearer, however what KK could do for the fans is unmeasurable.

This works a lot better imo.

Its perfect, even the two styles should blend together nicely.

The KK/AS combo had a major problem, i just felt there wasn't too much KK could offer to the equation for Shearer, however what KK could do for the fans is unmeasurable.

This works a lot better imo.

...and when Houllier is ultimately hounded out we can slip Shearer in. bluerazz.gif  :laugh2:

You're going a bit overboard TT.

All the report says was that we have held informal talks with Houillier, as we have with other candidates.

The Shearer thing is coming from Anal, with the Houillier camp saying they would be happy to work with him. It's all ifs at the minute.

We don't know anymore today than we did yesterday.

Have i said it was a done deal? No.

All i was pointing out was there was no DOF mentioned since people were talking about it and my original thoughts were that last year which i quoted.

Not going over board at all, talking about the possibility, you are reading more into my comments than i am reading into SSN's tbh.

You're going a bit overboard TT.

All the report says was that we have held informal talks with Houillier, as we have with other candidates.

The Shearer thing is coming from Anal, with the Houillier camp saying they would be happy to work with him. It's all ifs at the minute.

We don't know anymore today than we did yesterday.

Have i said it was a done deal? No.

All i was pointing out was there was no DOF mentioned since people were talking about it and my original thoughts were that last year which i quoted.

Not going over board at all, talking about the possibility, you are reading more into my comments than i am reading into SSN's tbh.

Fair play. I guess I was.

:thup:

I am excited though, its spilling over since i've wanted something like this for a few weeks.

I'd be delighted if it were to be announced.

Guest Micktoon

I wish this would get itself sorted oot soon, so my life can begin again.

My life= work at night, get up, switch on sky sports news and browse the net for manager news go back to work, repeat.

I wish this would get itself sorted oot soon, so my life can begin again.

My life= work at night, get up, switch on sky sports news and browse the net for manager news go back to work, repeat.

I've been getting wrong as well (at home). Thankfully i've got this week off, i'm officially stuck to my chair atm.