Who on here seriously wants Shearer?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I remember a talk in with Alan Oliver while we were looking for a replacement for Souness.

Someone asked him about Hitzfeld and Anal said "We don't want a foreigner in charge here, man! :lol:"

:undecided:

I personally would want Klinsmann over Shearer. Like Parky says, he would have far more contacts which are vital in finding plyers. He's got a bit of experinece on a massive stage and been successsfull and has implemented a good style of football as well. Shearer is such an unknown quantity and i's rather not risk thenew found stability we have at the club on a complete unknown. Its begging for failure in my eyes.

The thing that irratates me with Shearer is that he seems to be waiting for the job, fully aware that his hero status will always propels him to the top of every new managers list there is at the club. If he has a style of management, i want to see it implemented at a different club before he takes ours.

Re:  the nationality thing, why would it matter and who would be bothered?  Personally I couldn't give a shit where a person comes from, it's the person that matters and I may be wrong but I think most people think that way, at least I hope they do.

Re:  the nationality thing, why would it matter and who would be bothered?  Personally I couldn't give a s*** where a person comes from, it's the person that matters and I may be wrong but I think most people think that way, at least I hope they do.

Amen to that! Best man for the job i say.

Re:  the nationality thing, why would it matter and who would be bothered?  Personally I couldn't give a s*** where a person comes from, it's the person that matters and I may be wrong but I think most people think that way, at least I hope they do.

Of course that's the way it should be.

Re:  the nationality thing, why would it matter and who would be bothered?  Personally I couldn't give a shit where a person comes from, it's the person that matters and I may be wrong but I think most people think that way, at least I hope they do.

Aye man - just to be clear, I'm just saying that I fear it would be unpopular with a large section of the fanbase, possibly also with local press as well...not saying, nor would I ever say we shouldn't appoint a foreign manager (if he was German, Italian, South Korean, whatever matters not to me, just so long as he has the ability to inspire the players, the fans and the board that he is the right man for the job.

I remember a talk in with Alan Oliver while we were looking for a replacement for Souness.

Someone asked him about Hitzfeld and Anal said "We don't want a foreigner in charge here, man! :lol:"

I personally would want Klinsmann over Shearer. Like Parky says, he would have far more contacts which are vital in finding plyers. He's got a bit of experinece on a massive stage and been successsfull and has implemented a good style of football as well. Shearer is such an unknown quantity and i's rather not risk thenew found stability we have at the club on a complete unknown. Its begging for failure in my eyes.

The thing that irratates me with Shearer is that he seems to be waiting for the job, fully aware that his hero status will always propels him to the top of every new managers list there is at the club. If he has a style of management, i want to see it implemented at a different club before he takes ours.

Sorry to be flogging this horse to death but what's to stop Klinsmann turning into another Gullit? I can well remember people being temporarily enthused about his promises of "shexy football, yah?", only to become equally disenchanted as they are now with Allardyce not too many months afterwards when he fell out with Lee and Shearer.

Ain't no such thing as a guaranteed recipe for managerial success.

I have a feeling our new board will have the competence to think outside the box. They dont strike me as people who will have narrow minded views on big decisions which would effect the future of the club. None of this Geordie nation bollocks.

I have a feeling our new board will have the competence to think outside the box. They dont strike me as people who will have narrow minded views on big decisions which would effect the future of the club. None of this Geordie nation bollocks.

:celb:

Sorry to be flogging this horse to death but what's to stop Klinsmann turning into another Gullit? I can well remember people being temporarily enthused about his promises of "shexy football, yah?", only to become equally disenchanted as they are now with Allardyce not too many months afterwards when he fell out with Lee and Shearer.

Im not saying which manager would be better as a manager, im saying that if i had to risk it on one of those inexperienced managers id go for Klinsmann because i have already seen what he might be capable of. Shearer is a complete unknown, im one of those people who raher not put the potentially huge future of this club on an unknown quantity.

EDIT: If shearer went somewhere no matter how small, and showed that he is a capable manager with good ideas and a good style of football, then he might edge it for me, however saying that, managing on a huge stage in front of your home nation with all the pressure that Klinsmann had would be akin to the SJP environment. Plus i imagine he'd have some priceless contacts.

Aye man - just to be clear, I'm just saying that I fear it would be unpopular with a large section of the fanbase, possibly also with local press as well...not saying, nor would I ever say we shouldn't appoint a foreign manager (if he was German, Italian, South Korean, whatever matters not to me, just so long as he has the ability to inspire the players, the fans and the board that he is the right man for the job.

I know both you and Dave wouldn't be bothered in the slightest, I'm not sure that many would either although I do know I could be wrong.  As for the local press, I'll give you that but only because of one reporter, if you could call him that.

Im not saying which manager would be better as a manager, im saying that if i had to risk it on one of those inexperienced managers id go for Klinsmann because i have already seen what he might be capable of. Shearer is a complete unknown, im one of those people who raher not put the potentially huge future of this club on an unknown quantity.

Has Klinsmann managed at club level before?

The main reason is that Gullit has always been a bit mad.

Also their respective approaches to challenges are worlds apart.

Klinsmann is as methodical and a good communicator as he is tactically sly and inspired.

For the record I was never that keen on him in the past but during the world cup he won me over with

the way he communicated and put into practice how he wanted the German side to play, also the way

he took the whole country with him. Bear in mind he had also to deal with the shadow of Beckenbauer who he

later won over.

Has Klinsmann managed at club level before?

No

Has Shearer actually come out and said categorically one way of the other whether he'd be interested in the job?  And if not then why the fuck not?

He could put an end to all the speculation in the press in an instant if he cared about the club and really wasn't interested.  Or does his ego and potential loss of face with the fans prevent him from doing so?

Has Shearer actually come out and said categorically one way of the other whether he'd be interested in the job?  And if not then why the fuck not?

He could put an end to all the speculation in the press in an instant if he cared about the club and really wasn't interested.  Or does his ego and potential loss of face with the fans prevent him from doing so?

Because he'd be interested but doesn't want to put any pressure on Allardyce.

Seems to have the best interests of the club at heart by saying nowt.

Klinsi managed Germany at home in the World Cup, aye he has been really tested. The last time (West) Germany hosted the World Cup in 1974 Germany won it & in the previous World Cup of 2002 Germany got to the final.  He has taken Germany backwards :razz:

Don't really understand the logic behind that.

You think his silence means he might be interested? But everytime he has commented on it in the recent past he has said he's sick of being mentioned in this context.

If he had our real interests at heart he'd go an manage somewhere else first.

Has Shearer actually come out and said categorically one way of the other whether he'd be interested in the job?  And if not then why the f*** not?

No, by saying nothing he's letting the rumours continue, massaging his ego and adding to the media myth that he is the only person who can save the club.

I get the impression he's far too comfortable with his comfy spot on MOTD and has no interest in managing the club otherwise, as Parky says, he'd be off learning his trade now ready for when the call comes.

If Sam is sacked then I hope Mort or Ashley publicly offer the job to Shearer otherwise whoever comes in will have his shadow hanging over them as well.

Sun headline tomorrow "Shearer:  I want Toon job" you think that would do us any favours?  You think all his old team mates are going to bust a gut to save Allardyce if they could get their mate in?

And if he's said in the recent past he's not interested, why does he need to say it again?

As for going to another club, I think he's got a connection with this club that would attract him more than any other.

Sun headline tomorrow "Shearer:  I want Toon job" you think that would do us any favours?  You think all his old team mates are going to bust a gut to save Allardyce if they could get their mate in?

And if he's said in the recent past he's not interested, why does he need to say it again?

As for going to another club, I think he's got a connection with this club that would attract him more than any other.

You can say you're not interested inthe job without it being an absolute. Take Roeder for example.

Guest Knightrider

Shearer would be able to attract a better standard of player here than Allardyce IMO.

It's all about buying the right player though.