Who on here seriously wants Shearer?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shearer would be able to attract a better standard of player here than Allardyce IMO.

Not as good as Klinsmann or your French man imo.

At what?

Attracting quality players and also knowing the hidden gems around Europe etc.....

Who were the hidden gems Houllier took to Liverpool & did well?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=264163&root=england&cc=5739

Err...Baggio's your man.

I'm more Klinsmann.  :lol:

Which hidden gems has Klinsmann ever found?

He hasn't had a chance yet has he?

The core point being top players will hear him out if he approached them to play for us.

If he hasn't had the chance then how can you say he'll know the hidden gems out there more than Shearer?

Cause he's played all over Europe? Managed a national side. Has contacts in Germany, Italy and England.

Little bit more than smug face Shearer eh?

Stop being silly.

Sorry, but how is Baggio being "silly"? He's simply pointing out a logical inconsistency in your argument.

So you think people won't pick up the phone if Klinsmann calls? 

So you think playing and having a big reputation in the game across Euro won't help him as a manager?

It's about opinions and that is mine.

Kilinsmann would be a better bet than Alan Shearer.

Outside of England no one gives a fuck about Shearer.

Fair enough. I shouldn't have to prod you like this to get you to explain yourself properly. That said, a German manager at NUFC? Just can't see it happening.

Shearer would be able to attract a better standard of player here than Allardyce IMO.

At what?

Attracting quality players and also knowing the hidden gems around Europe etc.....

Err...Baggio's your man.

The core point being top players will hear him out if he approached them to play for us.

If he hasn't had the chance then how can you say he'll know the hidden gems out there more than Shearer?

Cause he's played all over Europe? Managed a national side. Has contacts in Germany, Italy and England.

Stop being silly.

Sorry, but how is Baggio being "silly"? He's simply pointing out a logical inconsistency in your argument.

So you think playing and having a big reputation in the game across Euro won't help him as a manager?

Fair enough. I shouldn't have to prod you like this to get you to explain yourself properly. That said, a German manager at NUFC? Just can't see it happening.

:undecided:

Outside of England no one gives a f*** about Shearer.

So the whole of the world has a soft spot Klinsman?

Did I say that?

I'll rephrase...Outside of England...The North East, no one gives a fuck about Shearer.

At what?

Err...Baggio's your man.

Stop being silly.

???

Klinsmann just wants an easy life in the USA, wouldn't even move back to his home Country to manage his own nation IIRC.

So its a non starter really, and i'd have thought Shearer is held in great light across the footballing world, just as much as Klinsmann if not more so as only Germans like Germans. ;)

I guess Klinsmann is a long shot, but no harm in putting it into the ether. bluerazz.gif

When have Germans ever been successful at SJP? Or come to that matter, given a proper chance at being successful? Maybe it's a generational thing, maybe people would be OK with the idea, but I can't see it.

Outside of England no one gives a f*** about Shearer.

So the whole of the world has a soft spot Klinsman?

Did I say that?

I'll rephrase...Outside of England...The North East, no one gives a f*** about Shearer.

Complete bollocks, Shearer is known and respected the world over.  I think your really letting this crush get out of hand if you think that Klinsman is so well known and respected in comparison to Shearer.

Klinsmann just wants an easy life in the USA, wouldn't even move back to his home Country to manage his own nation IIRC.

So its a non starter really, and i'd have thought Shearer is held in great light across the footballing world, just as much as Klinsmann if not more so as only Germans like Germans. ;)

:lol:

Codswallop.

He is moving back to Europe.

I have it on good authority  bluerazz.gif was sounded out for the Spurs job before Ramos and the Chelsea job when Mourinho left.

He's played with and under some great managers and players and he's also reagarded as the man who turned around the German public who were fast losing interst in a boring national side. He loves attacking footie.

"Besides playing for German clubs VfB Stuttgart and Bayern Munich, Klinsmann played abroad for Internazionale, AS Monaco, Tottenham Hotspur and Sampdoria. During this time he was under the tutelage of such coaches as Arsène Wenger and Giovanni Trapattoni, among others."

Shearer might be able to do the job who can tell. But imo a silly and unnecessary risk to take given our new found financial stability and club management and behind the scenes ongoing improvements. I'd accept the French grandad (Houllier) rather than Shearer.

At what?

Err...Baggio's your man.

Stop being silly.

It's Parky's way of trying to end the debate without admitting he's wrong. :shifty:

You haven't answered by rebuttal chubby chops and you want a grandad as manager.

"...more likely to" was the phrase I used.

Playing all over Europe doesn't mean he'll know all of the 'hidden gems' as you put it, the only way to find them is to either have a scouting team set up (which none of them have as far as I know) or to follow a league closely yourself.

As for wanting a grandad as manager. :lol:

Codswallop.

I have it on good authority  bluerazz.gif was sounded out for the Spurs job before Ramos and the Chelsea job when Mourinho left.

He's played with and under some great managers and players and he's also reagarded as the man who turned around the German public who were fast losing interst in a boring national side. He loves attacking footie.

"Besides playing for German clubs VfB Stuttgart and Bayern Munich, Klinsmann played abroad for Internazionale, AS Monaco, Tottenham Hotspur and Sampdoria. During this time he was under the tutelage of such coaches as Arsène Wenger and Giovanni Trapattoni, among others."

Shearer might be able to do the job who can tell. But imo a silly and unnecessary risk to take given our new found financial stability and club management and behind the scenes ongoing improvements. I'd accept the French grandad (Houllier) rather than Shearer.

Now he's moving back? So i was right!  :razz:

I'd have Houllier, but i'd prefer the board go for someone we've never heard of, take a massive chance on the worlds most up and coming whoever that is.

When have Germans ever been successful at SJP? Or come to that matter, given a proper chance at being successful? Maybe it's a generational thing, maybe people would be OK with the idea, but I can't see it.

The German thing is a bit narrow minded, why would nationality come into it?

Codswallop.

I'd have Houllier, but i'd prefer the board go for someone we've never heard of, take a massive chance on the worlds most up and coming whoever that is.

Ideally they should take strong advice and 'look outside the box' before the next appointment I agree.

Codswallop.

Ideally they should take strong advice and 'look outside the box' before the next appointment I agree.

I'd like someone from South America, bring a bit of samba style or Argie technique to our club, maybe even a Mexcian magician.

Sao Paulo have won the league in the last two seasons, no idea who their manager is though, how old, previous record etc...But it would be nice to bring a totally fresh approach, not just to our club, but possibly the league.

Codswallop.

I'd like someone from South America, bring a bit of samba style or Argie technique to our club, maybe even a Mexcian magician.

Sao Paulo have won the league in the last two seasons, no idea who their manager is though, how old, previous record etc...But it would be nice to bring a totally fresh approach, not just to our club, but possibly the league.

I'm sold.  blueyes.gif

It would. You and I both know it would.

It shouldn't do, but I fear it still would.

It would. You and I both know it would.

But is shouldn't.

Modern PL footie is a very competitive business and basically it would be silly to handicap ourselves in ways such as this.

Codswallop.

Having Julio Geordio as manager would be excellent

Codswallop.

Having Julio Geordio as manager would be excellent

Should be in the management game by now  :laugh:

I remember a talk in with Alan Oliver while we were looking for a replacement for Souness.

Someone asked him about Hitzfeld and Anal said "We don't want a foreigner in charge here, man! :lol:"

In that "Goal!" movie, which lacked credibility before the off, the piece de resistance was the fact that the coach was clearly meant to be a German. I mean...as if!

In all seriousness, we do probably need to look abroad - although you'd always want to find a British managerial gem, it's clear they're thin on the ground (to wit, the appointment of Capello to the England job).

I remember a talk in with Alan Oliver while we were looking for a replacement for Souness.

Someone asked him about Hitzfeld and Anal said "We don't want a foreigner in charge here, man! :lol:"

In that "Goal!" movie, which lacked credibility before the off, the piece de resistance was the fact that the coach was clearly meant to be a German. I mean...as if!

In all seriousness, we do probably need to look abroad - although you'd always want to find a British managerial gem, it's clear they're thin on the ground (to wit, the appointment of Capello to the England job).

Bang on.

I think Shepherd in particular (please god let this pass unnoticed) would have done all he could to avoid another foreign manager.