Time for the players to stand up and be counted

Decky

Playing against Arsenal like they did and now and especially now how they played against Chelsea. I dont want to see us play shite against Man City and Stoke, i dont want to see repeats of Derby, Wigan, Fulham etc. The manager did well today, so no complaints on that front, its now time for the players to stand up and put performances like today in every week because if it isnt on Wednesday against City i will be looking at the players, not Big Sam.

Guest taff2727

Playing against Arsenal like they did and now and especially now how they played against Chelsea. I dont want to see us play s**** against Man City and Stoke, i dont want to see repeats of Derby, Wigan, Fulham etc. The manager did well today, so no complaints on that front, its now time for the players to stand up and put performances like today in every week because if it isnt on Wednesday against City i will be looking at the players, not Big Sam.

good post that decky :clap:

First half, 4-5-1, not good, zero shots on goal, wasteful posession.  Second half, 4-5-1, score a goal, play good football.

Now is that all down to the tactical shift of swapping Duff & Zog?  Or could it be that Sam's tactics were always capable of a good result, and it simply required the players to perform?  Which most of them (FUCK off Taylor) did.

Guest WalkervilleMag

This performance is just papering over big gaping cracks.  The longer we leave it unchanged, the longer we will stay mid table nobodys

Don't expect any fireworks against City or Stoke...

We're utterly incapable of taking a game to our opponents.

True, but given what we saw today against a £100 mil pound team away from home, there is no excuse about Sam handicapping them with his tactics.  It is down to the players.  There is no formation in the world that forces bad passes and poor defending. 

What I'd like to see now is Mort come out and give Sam another vote of confidence, right away.  Let the players know they are playing for their own careers, not his.  There can be no sitting back and falling back on bad habits.

True, but given what we saw today against a £100 mil pound team away from home, there is no excuse about Sam handicapping them with his tactics.  It is down to the players.  There is no formation in the world that forces bad passes and poor defending. 

What I'd like to see now is Mort come out and give Sam another vote of confidence, right away.  Let the players know they are playing for their own careers, not his.  There can be no sitting back and falling back on bad habits.

:thup:  All too often in most sports, the players are held unaccountable.  Shape the fuck up and have a go at the opposition.  Look at what Man City have done all season by having belief in themselves. 

:thup:  All too often in most sports, the players are held unaccountable.  Shape the f*** up and have a go at the opposition.  Look at what Man City have done all season by having belief in themselves. 

The point is that I don't think Sam knows any other way to set his team up other than the dog-fight, get at em' approach we saw today.

While today was pleasing in some respects, if we put in the same kind of performance against Wigan then it'd be viewed as a shambles, and justifiably so.

Guest Geordiesned

:thup:  All too often in most sports, the players are held unaccountable.  Shape the fuck up and have a go at the opposition.  Look at what Man City have done all season by having belief in themselves.  

...and being allowed to play in an attacking formation which doesn't involve lumping 50 yard balls up to a lone 5' 5'' front man.