Wonderkids

Delima

If there is one wonderkid? i think we would have a chance of nabbing it is Nasri from Marseille.

There will be inevitable interest from the top 4, however, with Beye (in particular), Cacapa and Rozehnal big names from France this could most definately sway his decision, along with the promise of first team football. He is only slight in stature, very similar to Deco in his prime.

Would probably cost around 10-15 million, but would be a signal of our intent, and could be the creative/link-up player we are crying out for

:lol:

Not going to happen.

Guest elbee909

Where's all the English kids...

Playing xbox.

These plucky poor foreign youngsters - obviously they don't have games consoles and the like, it's just the English whose footballing skills are ravaged by the consumerist machine. 

Patronising nation really, aren't we?

Guest clarkyshan

Who wants a team of foriegners ?

Not me.

no one cares what you want you racist prick

its an issue thats been disscused in the media. that's just his point of view how is that racist? drama queen!

I think we are far to quick to deal out the term 'racist' these days.

Mess-iah, you don't know me but but I can assure you I am not a racist and would prefer not to be called a prick either.

Rather than hurl out an insult I will try to explain.

Newcastle is the provincial capital of the North east of England and the citys football club is a potent symbol of the feeling of belonging to the region.

This feeling of of belonging is probably as strong if not stronger than in other less homogenous areas of the country. Consequently it would be a great aspiration to have the shirts worn by local lads representing our city/region such as Atletico Bilbao do/did in Spain.

However we all know this is unrealistic in this day and age if we want to compete.

The next best thing is to have the core of your side representative of the UK at least so that we can identify with the players and them with us. It fits in with the tribal nature of football.

I know Villa usually have 8 starters for them most games and even Chelsea have half their 1st choice team of England internationals.

Most players are here today and gone tomorrow but  I think it is a reasonable assumption to say there is more of the mercenary element among the foriegn players to our shores who are only here for the money.

You can't blame them for that, but 'racist prick' is a bit strong for identifying that many are here only to play for the highest bidder.

I think we as fans want to have an affinity with our players that stretches beyond just playing for the biggest wedge of money.

Polite comments welcome.

Doug.

It fits in with the tribal nature of football.

Too true, tribalism and racism are 2 very similar things, and so many people resort to racism while trying to be tribal.

I however do not agree with you that local players are any purer. Steven Taylor talks a good game and he is yet to sign his contract. How many valuable English players stick with their local clubs who trained them. What is the difference between Michael Carrick abondoning Newcastle, West Ham & Tottehnam to go to Manchester United, and Albert Luque quiting Deportivo to come to Newcastle?

Face it (and it is good), horny Sven is right. Uk is part of the European Union, if you want to have a free Europe (I want) then you have to accept a free football market. Athletico Bilbao is an exception. Their supporters (Basque people) aspire for independence and they would rather see the team in lower division than the team using a non Basque player.

It is nice to have local players graduating from local academies and play for local clubs but which one do you value more? Sheer ineptitude and foolishness of local lad Freddy Shepherd (a true shame for the Geordies and a laughing stock nationwide and worldwide) or a local club well run by competent outsiders (Mort) and have competent non Geordie manager and non Geordie players?

Many English managers talk a good talk about local lads bla bla bla, but how many of them do apply their own principles? Steve Coppell the most admirable of the lot, has an Irish as leading striker and a mainly foreign defensive unit. Sam Allardyce, big mouth as he has, buys more foreigners than English.

When foreigners are being used as chesspiece in excuses after excuses for ineptitude, you can't help but think, hey, there are some racisms here.

Mess-iah, you don't know me but but I can assure you I am not a racist and would prefer not to be called a prick either.

Newcastle is the provincial capital of the North east of England and the citys football club is a potent symbol of the feeling of belonging to the region.

This feeling of of belonging is probably as strong if not stronger than in other less homogenous areas of the country. Consequently it would be a great aspiration to have the shirts worn by local lads representing our city/region such as Atletico Bilbao do/did in Spain.

However we all know this is unrealistic in this day and age if we want to compete.

The next best thing is to have the core of your side representative of the UK at least so that we can identify with the players and them with us. It fits in with the tribal nature of football.

I know Villa usually have 8 starters for them most games and even Chelsea have half their 1st choice team of England internationals.

Most players are here today and gone tomorrow but  I think it is a reasonable assumption to say there is more of the mercenary element among the foriegn players to our shores who are only here for the money.

You can't blame them for that, but 'racist prick' is a bit strong for identifying that many are here only to play for the highest bidder.

I think we as fans want to have an affinity with our players that stretches beyond just playing for the biggest wedge of money.

Polite comments welcome.

Doug.

Well said Doug.

Polite comments welcome.

Doug.

Haha, I wasn't being serious.

I would say tribalism means you love your tribe.

Racism means you dislike others.

Can you experience the first but not the other. They are two different things when you look at it like that.

What an interesting subject this is. It should have its own thread.

Doug.