Mort: it's getting tedious

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

No truth they are actively pursuing any other manager

Mort rejects Allardyce talk

Magpies laugh off Big Sam rumours

By Peter O'Rourke  Last updated: 31st December 2007

Newcastle chairman Chris Mort has moved to reject the speculation over Sam Allardyce's future.

Mort insists the Magpies are not actively recruiting a replacement for the under-pressure Allardyce.

Allardyce has found himself in the spotlight once again after a run of poor results which has brought the club just one point from a possible nine over the Christmas period.

The likes of Alan Shearer and Martin Jol have been mentioned as possible replacements for Allardyce, but Mort has rubbished the rumours.

"All this makes me laugh and I find all this speculation tedious," said Mort.

"There is a different name every week and there is just no truth in it."

Guest Knightrider

Mort and Big Sam are very close, they get on well and both have the same ideas, Mort has bought into Big Sam's plans and he runs the club so if he says Big Sam's job is safe, it's safe. However Ashley is like a kid with a new toy and has big plans for the club, he's impatient and will not want to wait 5 years. But he trusts Mort 100% and will leave all decisions to him as to whether Big Sam stays or goes.

Mort and Big Sam are very close, they get on well and both have the same ideas, Mort has bought into Big Sam's plans and he runs the club so if he says Big Sam's job is safe, it's safe. However Ashley is like a kid with a new toy and has big plans for the club, he's impatient and will not want to wait 5 years. But he trusts Mort 100% and will leave all decisions to him as to whether Big Sam stays or goes.

Our hopes lie with Ashley then.  :razz:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Get behind the bloke for the season, what have you got to lose, we are not going to win anything, and i believe by the end of the season we will start to see progress. Judge him on next sesson.

Those of you championing what Sven has done at City, look at his back 5 yesterday, none of them are Sven purchases, they were all there pre Sven so he had a fantastic base from which to work. Big Sam had Taylor and that was it. It is a lot easier for Midfielders to adapt as they do not need to be programmed as a 'unit' like the defence does.

Give the bloke a break, get behind him, if the players see us doing that , they will react to it as well

Howay the lads

We need to stick with BS, am not happy about current preformances on the pitch and the preformance from the manager.  We cant just ditch a manager after half a season.  The media loves us to do stuff like this.  Lets just buck the trend for once and at least give him a couple of transfer windows to get some decent players in.

Guest Knightrider

The one thing that gives me hope is that both Mort and Ashley now know just what can happen when you chop and change managers, financially and structurally. I think the two, especially Mort, are seriously sensible when it comes to business and will not panic or make snap decisions on impulse.

Big Sam will have to show them he's the right man though, in short he'll have to prove he's capable. To do that though he needs time and money.

Thanks janitor, just about to do it myself  :blush:

No worries mate!

I hope this is Ashley's line on things too, for better or worse, I still have faith in Allardyce's ability - my main worry is that he's already past the point of no return with a sizeable chunk of our fanbase.

Guest Knightrider

My main worry is that he's already past the point of no return with a sizeable chunk of our fanbase.

They are that fickle, a few good wins will win them back. Or even buying some quality players. It didn't do Souness any harm in that respect.

Guest neesy111

our fans are not fickle ffs, we pay over £500 for our season tkts and to get served up the most abysml football ever seen ffs, if this had been at any decent size club there would be the same uproar

anycase if u actually read it, they don't say anything about allardyce just denying that we are looking for new manager, they haven't backed allardyce in any way, olivee has twisted the word in iut

Guest neesy111

actually reading into it, they only deny they are looking for a new manager which of course they need 2 as if they we're sam wud be sacked by now

Guest Knightrider

our fans are not fickle ffs, we pay over £500 for our season tkts and to get served up the most abysml football ever seen ffs, if this had been at any decent size club there would be the same uproar

anycase if u actually read it, they don't say anything about allardyce just denying that we are looking for new manager, they haven't backed allardyce in any way, olivee has twisted the word in iut

5th place? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Walking in a Souness wonderland" at Owen's unveiling.

Fickle?

Nah, not us...

5th place? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I wasn't there to boo, i left with disappointment. 

"Walking in a Souness wonderland" at Owen's unveiling.  This was in the summer holidays and a lot of it was kids in the crowd getting excited.  Most fans would have been at work.

Fickle?

Nah, not us...

Some fans are but a lot suffer in silence.

All football fans are fickle however Newcastle fans are portrayed as being amongst the most fickle while the attendances suggest otherwise.

All football fans are fickle however Newcastle fans are portrayed as being amongst the most fickle while the attendances suggest otherwise.

Indeed, we sit and suffer every season but come back. Surely that should get some respect?

Guest neesy111

every club has a set of fickle fans, just tht fact we have a big following and are always in the spot light and the fact the press hate us

i wonder if anything was said about the chelsea fans shouting the same stuff we did, to avram grant even tho theyve only lost twice in 22 games ffs, now thts fickle

coach fifth place at that time was considered a failure, two seasons in the top 4, anycase ppl we're left gutted by what had happened in marseille

Indeed, we sit and suffer every season but come back. Surely that should get some respect?

More people call us 'the best fans around', as apposed top 'the most fickle fans around'.

Neither titles are particularly truthful. Though i'd say we were up there in terms of Premiership's best supporters.

Guest Stephen927

This isnt good enough for Southgate

He wants Shearer to make a publlic announcement NOW !

Southgate should be concerning himself with keeping Middlesbrough in the Premiership to be honest.

Why is he so bothered to come out and say Shearer needs to make an announcement  :idiot2: Tryign to take the pressure off Middlesbrough by putting it on Newcastle?  :lol:

The suffering re not having won anything I can understand, and the last two years have been poor, but surely the CL years and the high finishes under SBR have been worth watching? Not to mention the good times under KK? And you've had some high profile (I'm not saying trophy here, mind) signings in that time, too.

When i used to watch you a lot in the 1980s, the football and general 'spectacle' served up really was absolute shite. It strikes me that what has happened in recent years must have been, at times, very good to watch.

Newcastle's support isn't at all fickle, to suggest that is ridiculous, but I'd also say that to read some of the comments here, it sounds like it has always been doom and gloom.

For my money the "best" fans are those who year after year watch utter shite in the lower leagues, travelling up and down the country to watch third rate football, not supporters who watch Premiership football.