interim manager ?

madras

As for damage, i mean another wasted season, more money wasted, more embrassment to us.

Do you think a new manager will not want his own staff, players and time to gel a team/system?

I reckon this season is a write-off whether we sack him or not.

A season of rebuilding is not wasted. Even half a season of looking at the team and planning for the future is not wasted. Keeping a manager with no chance of success or even a clue what to do is a waste of a season.

you're shooting yourself in the foot here, this is our season of rebuilding, just under a manager you've clearly already made up your mind about after 21 games. this is a manager who's had very good results in this league, a manager who's continually backed by other managers who it seems know what they're talking about, sir alex and sven to name just two. maybe, just maybe, its time to trust someone to do what we brought them in to do, a job, in any way they see fit, to get us moving in the right direction EVENTUALLY, no matter how long it takes.

you're shooting yourself in the foot here, this is our season of rebuilding, just under a manager you've clearly already made up your mind about after 21 games. this is a manager who's had very good results in this league, a manager who's continually backed by other managers who it seems know what they're talking about, sir alex and sven to name just two. maybe, just maybe, its time to trust someone to do what we brought them in to do, a job, in any way they see fit, to get us moving in the right direction EVENTUALLY, no matter how long it takes.

Exactly.

but it starting to hit me that hes never going to win us nothing

We are just over 20 games in man.  He hasn't bought all the players he needs to make his system work.  Yes its w*** at the minute but to say after 20 games he will win nothing is madness.

Top 10 finish this year will be an improvment on last year/season.

We're now just as close to the likes of Reading, Boro & Bolton than clubs like Aston Villa, Blackburn & Portsmouth. Sorry, but that's pathetic.

We are just over 20 games in man.  He hasn't bought all the players he needs to make his system work.  Yes its w*** at the minute but to say after 20 games he will win nothing is madness.

We're now just as close to the likes of Reading, Boro & Bolton than clubs like Aston Villa, Blackburn & Portsmouth. Sorry, but that's pathetic.

I am by no means happy with how we're playing etc. but I'm not sure how it's pathetic given the three teams you mention (in bold) all finished higher than us last year.

I am by no means happy with how we're playing etc. but I'm not sure how it's pathetic given the three teams you mention (in bold) all finished higher than us last year.

:lol:

The whole reason we sacked Roeder was because we should have finished above those sides with the players he had. We've now got a manager who should be better than that, and he's not doing a great deal better.

"...and time won't give me time and time makes lovers feel that they've got something real"..

The whole reason we sacked Roeder was because we should have finished above those sides with the players he had. We've now got a manager who should be better than that, and he's not doing a great deal better.

....after 21 games....with 9 new players including a whole new back 4 and a new formation, are you surprised he isnt?

....after 21 games....with 9 new players including a whole new back 4 and a new formation, are you surprised he isnt?

Look at Man City.

Look at Man City.

I agree. We should be better than we are. last year Man City finished below us and just above the relegation teams. You can argue Sam has had bad luck, you can argue that new players need time to settle but how can anyone defend his stubborness in wrong team selections and players out of position.

Guest Brazilianbob

As for damage, i mean another wasted season, more money wasted, more embrassment to us.

Do you think a new manager will not want his own staff, players and time to gel a team/system?

I reckon this season is a write-off whether we sack him or not.

A season of rebuilding is not wasted. Even half a season of looking at the team and planning for the future is not wasted. Keeping a manager with no chance of success or even a clue what to do is a waste of a season.

Come on then tell me what these good results are that he continually got when he managed Bolton.  Did he actually achieve any victories against the top four that a number of other unsung manager didn't also achieve?

The truth is he did nothing extraordinary other than to be praised by insular journos who assumed that Bolton were there for the taking by the big four.

All he did was prepare Bolton to have a go just like the manager of a minnow team does when playing a big club.  That style only works where the players have limited ability as a whole  and only when the opposition have underestimated them.  On several occasions the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea etc underestimated Bolton and they paid the price.  But Allardyce's style of football only works where the opposition understimate their opponents.  At Newcastle that is never going to happen because we are a "big club" and as such are never underestimated by top, or bottom, clubs, for that matter.  It is the flaw in his tactic of playing the Bolton way and why it will never work on a regular basis at a club like Newcastle

Look at Man City.

i dont think its a fair comparison tbh, they had a settled defensive unit, including a very good centre back pairing already performing very well, allardyce had to literally start again

Look at Man City.

i dont think its a fair comparison tbh, they had a settled defensive unit, including a very good centre back pairing already performing very well, allardyce had to literally start again

Garrido, Corluka & Ball have all been there less than a year, they've been chopping and changing their goalkeeper, and they lost one of their main centre-halves on a Free.

Look at Man City.

Garrido, Corluka & Ball have all been there less than a year, they've been chopping and changing their goalkeeper, and they lost one of their main centre-halves on a Free.

and Richards was playing at RB last year.

We're above Spurs though!

Look at Man City.

indeed, i still think sven had more to work with though, dont you?

i really dont see the point that people are trying to make when they say, managers dont need time, look at man city, are you saying sven's a better manager than sam? well he's had consistent results at different clubs so you're stating the obvious, of course he's a better manager, we can see that from his record, but allardyce has a decent record too, in this league, one that suggests it would be wise to give him a bit of time to do his job, thats all i'm saying.

Guest fraser

Look at Man City.

On the other hand they've both got good experience in the Premier League, especially Dunne. This does give them and therefore their defensive colleagues (Ball who's played in England and Scotland and will be used to the ahysicality of the Premier League) and another English player in Onuoha a distinct advantage in terms of settling in.

Look at Man City.

in my opinion, man city were a lot further on than us as a club however before thaskin and ashley took over.

they have a solid academy, one of the best around, and foundations built on stone, not the quick sand ours are/were on.

i would bet any amount of money we have undergone more radical change than they have.

its going to take time whether we like it or not, whether its sam, allardyce, mourinho or any other manager who we get/may want.

as someone has already mentioned, this season is a right off regardless, and i for one believe we will be a much better run club at the end of the season with scouting networks, youth player intake etc.

we wers shite anyway, while we were a mess all over/thick of debt /one full time scout etc. so we may as well be shite while sam sorts all of that out and then see at the end of the season.

i think brummie's post yesterday should go a long way with what they went through last year, very similar to us and finished 11th, now everyone is licking their balls.

sacking sam now will do nowt whatsoever, and comparing us to man city wont do much either as they were a better organised club than us and have spent a hell of a lot more money (i think, im fucked if they havnt!), which they can afford to do as they have the foundations of youth and a flourishing academy, we dont.

Look at Man City.

in my opinion, man city were a lot further on than us as a club however before thaskin and ashley took over.

they have a solid academy, one of the best around, and foundations built on stone, not the quick sand ours are/were on.

i would bet any amount of money we have undergone more radical change than they have.

its going to take time whether we like it or not, whether its sam, allardyce, mourinho or any other manager who we get/may want.

as someone has already mentioned, this season is a right off regardless, and i for one believe we will be a much better run club at the end of the season with scouting networks, youth player intake etc.

we wers s**** anyway, while we were a mess all over/thick of debt /one full time scout etc. so we may as well be s**** while sam sorts all of that out and then see at the end of the season.

i think brummie's post yesterday should go a long way with what they went through last year, very similar to us and finished 11th, now everyone is licking their balls.

sacking sam now will do nowt whatsoever, and comparing us to man city wont do much either as they were a better organised club than us and have spent a hell of a lot more money (i think, im f***** if they havnt!), which they can afford to do as they have the foundations of youth and a flourishing academy, we dont.

more sense, thank god