Martins

Guest K9

We have to sell martins, cash in on him now while he still has some value left.

s**** player

s*** first touch

Doesn't no how to use his pace

Can't shoot

Can't beat a man

Passing is s***

No awareness

:lol:

A lad that is all out of confidence but in his 45 was more of a threat than Owen was, with the right strike partner I think he can become a very decent player, 100% effort all the time in a team that is dying on its arse.

Selling him would be fkn stupid!!

Guest Darth Toon

Very strong argument. You've changed my opinion of him.

mackems.gif

Well it didn't start well, faded in the middle and fell right away at the end, but apart from that a superbly executed piece of critical analysis.

:lol:

A lad that is all out of confidence but in his 45 was more of a threat than Owen was, with the right strike partner I think he can become a very decent player, 100% effort all the time in a team that is dying on its arse.

Selling him would be fkn stupid!!

If we started Owen yesterday we would have been at least 2-0 up

I don't care that Martins has no confidence, is being played out of position most of the time, isn't getting decent service for the most part and is our leading scorer.

He's shite. Because Bender said so.

Martins hasn't improved under Sam, in fact he's probably worse off under his new manager, says a lot about SA for me, he's the one we need to get rid of as he's managed to destroy our main hope from last season by chopping and changing, not giving him a proper run in the team unless golden boy is injured, and certainly hasn't offered anything to his game.

Shit managers can't bring out the best in people, we've got a shit manager.

I don't care that Martins has no confidence, is being played out of position most of the time, isn't getting decent service for the most part and is our leading scorer.

He's s****. Because Bender said so.

Ty, i'm always right

At some point we ought to just try playing both him and Owen upfront.

Martins is struggling to finish at the moment, but if you simply put him on the bench and play Owen instead, scoring opportunities seem to dry up and we become much slower and more predictable upfront.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/01/03/united-are-left-to-think-it-oba-72703-20308665/

United are left to think it Oba

Jan 3 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

SAM ALLARDYCE has been told by Nigeria that he can keep his striker Oba Martins for one more game in an unusual deal with Nigeria boss Berti Vogts.

For the United manager has been told by Vogts that he has to choose between Sunday’s FA Cup third-round tie with Stoke or the Premier League game with Manchester United a week on Saturday.

However, Big Sam revealed today that he will lose Habib Beye, Abdoulaye Faye and Geremi after Sunday’s trip to the Midlands because of the African Cup of Nations in Ghana from January 20 to February 10.

United had expected that Martins’ appearance against Manchester City would have been his last before he was due to travel to Malaga with the rest of the Nigerian squad this weekend for a pre-tournament training camp.

But Allardyce and United kept chipping away – and Vogts has agreed to Martins joining up with Nigeria after the visit to Old Trafford.

The United boss said after last night’s game: “I’ve spoken to Berti Vogts about Oba and maybe we will get him for one game, against Stoke City or possibly Manchester United.

“But the rest, I think, are away after Sunday’s game.

“It’s a big miss for us, but we knew that at the start of the season, and we’ve got to deal with it and move forward.

“We’ve got Michael Owen and Damien Duff back, and, hopefully, Stephen Carr.”

Guest teepee

i'd use him against stoke - and then send him on his way - give owen another 45 minutes, and he should be alright to face manure

Having Martins here for Man Ure away is a blessing, Viduka is a fat lazy fker, so play Oba and Owen with Emre in behind them.

Martins was flying last season and I thought we would see more but under Sam he really does not seem to be able to find any form.

Been played out of position and not whinged about it, has just given his all every time, lets hope when he does go to the AF NAT that he has a belta and comes back full of confidence.

He has no awareness, vision or anticipation.

Those are my biggest problems with him.

He does have vision if play is ahead of him, played a lovely ball down the channel for Zoggy yesterday, its just when he is closer to goal with players alongside him that he does not get his head up, but to some existent strikers have to be selfish and he does just want to score goals.

I think he may be better if given a free role, where he can pop up allover the pitch.