Martins

Guest K9

Guest Mantis

We have to sell martins, cash in on him now while he still has some value left.

s**** player

s*** first touch

Doesn't no how to use his pace

Can't shoot

Can't beat a man

Passing is s***

No awareness

Could be on about any of our strikers really.  On that basis get rid of them all eh?

footballing intellignece in instictive and not conscious

It's actually both and he has neither. Get rid.

I disagree with that, there is so little time on a football field to think about what you're doing there cant be any thought processes with the ball at your feets, its all sensory feedback.

I know where you're coming from but I strongly disagree, footballing intelligence is a mixture of the conscious and the subconscious interacting with one another which is actually the quickest way to make the RIGHT decision.

Btw your very top players do their thinking mostly off the pitch, i.e. the likes of Messi will day dream constantly during the day and night about this and that scenario and what they'd do in this and that scenario, which helps them perform much better on the pitch, i.e. make quicker and better decisions.

It's mostly mental this football lark, ability often doesn't even come into it in the heat of the moment.

But still people persist with "football is a simple game"...

Did Messi tell you that or did you read it somewhere?

Don't spoil is made-up stuff, it sounds good until you think about it.

I disagree with that, there is so little time on a football field to think about what you're doing there cant be any thought processes with the ball at your feets, its all sensory feedback.

I know where you're coming from but I strongly disagree, footballing intelligence is a mixture of the conscious and the subconscious interacting with one another which is actually the quickest way to make the RIGHT decision.

Btw your very top players do their thinking mostly off the pitch, i.e. the likes of Messi will day dream constantly during the day and night about this and that scenario and what they'd do in this and that scenario, which helps them perform much better on the pitch, i.e. make quicker and better decisions.

It's mostly mental this football lark, ability often doesn't even come into it in the heat of the moment.

it sounds absurd

it sounds absurd

Coach is right tho. The best athletes are also the best psychologically prepared before the contest even starts.

it sounds absurd

soil sport. He'll be all upset, now.

s**** player

s*** first touch

Can't shoot

Can't beat a man

Passing is s***

No awareness

Could be on about any of our strikers really.  On that basis get rid of them all eh?

No, lets keep shit players, a shit manager, and stupid fans who settle for rubbish.

s**** player

s*** first touch

Can't shoot

Can't beat a man

Passing is s***

No awareness

Could be on about any of our strikers really.  On that basis get rid of them all eh?

No, lets keep s*** players, a s*** manager, and stupid fans who settle for rubbish.

now this sounds good until you think about it

Guest BooBoo

He's never consistenly looked the part and convinced me that he's anything special. It doesnt help that when not on his game and short of confidence, as he is at the mo, he looks bloody terrible.

s**** player

s*** first touch

Can't shoot

Can't beat a man

Passing is s***

No awareness

Could be on about any of our strikers really.  On that basis get rid of them all eh?

No, lets keep s*** players, a s*** manager, and stupid fans who settle for rubbish.

now this sounds good until you think about it

hey, thats what a lot of genii (thats the plural) on here think. Success will come by giving a shite manager time and money. Woo hoo! Wembley here we come.

Guest Mantis

s**** player

s*** first touch

Can't shoot

Can't beat a man

Passing is s***

No awareness

Ok then who is going to take our dozen or so shit players?  I dont think they are lining up to take from our squad.  Who exactly has bid for Martins?

Guest Knightrider

Absurd? If it's so absurd can you tell me why researchers which I believe our very own manager has a hand in, are doing tests as I write on injured athletes including footballers where they get them to daydream about running again, kicking a ball, scoring goals, swimming laps, scoring tries, winning sets etc. in order to ascertain whether it can help athletes who come back from an injury to hit the road running again from the off so to speak, i.e. instead of taking upwards of 6 months to get fully back into the swing of things, they'll fit straight in on return as if they've never been away.

The body's been away due to injury, but the mind's been playing every week = on return from injury they play as if they haven't been away. That's the theory anyway and the hope because if they can find success in this it will revolutionise recovery and benefit your Owens who take 6-10 games to get back into the groove following an injury which in this day and age of big money, just isn't cricket :lol:

Martins = not good enough, lacks composure, a few pot shots don't make up for missing easy chances, borne out of an incapability to play consistently well as a footballer.

Said it all ages ago. People always come round to my way of thinking eventually ......  ;D

Come on mate. "ability often doesn't even come into it in the heat of the moment".

Now, whilst that would be the ONLY reason i can see for signing Smith and Geremi, it's not actually true is it. Because if it was, our many, many punted long balls would be bouncing in off the heads of one of our over-paid, under-skilled players.

Guest Knightrider

Come on mate. "ability often doesn't even come into it in the heat of the moment".

Now, whilst that would be the ONLY reason i can see for signing Smith and Geremi, it's not actually true is it. Because if it was, our many, many punted long balls would be bouncing in off the heads of one of our over-paid, under-skilled players.

How come Baggio, the best player of 94, fucked up his penalty in the final? Like I said ability doesn't often come into it in the heat of the battle or moment.

How come Baggio, the best player of 94, fucked up his penalty in the final? Like I said ability doesn't often come into it in the heat of the battle or moment.

How come so-called focussed and determined - but not very able - players like Smith do so badly then. You can't base that theory on players making mistakes.

Absurd? If it's so absurd can you tell me why researchers which I believe our very own manager has a hand in, are doing tests as I write on injured athletes including footballers where they get them to daydream about running again, kicking a ball, scoring goals, swimming laps, scoring tries, winning sets etc. in order to ascertain whether it can help athletes who come back from an injury to hit the road running again from the off so to speak, i.e. instead of taking upwards of 6 months to get fully back into the swing of things, they'll fit straight in on return as if they've never been away.

The body's been away due to injury, but the mind's been playing every week = on return from injury they play as if they haven't been away. That's the theory anyway and the hope because if they can find success in this it will revolutionise recovery and benefit your Owens who take 6-10 games to get back into the groove following an injury which in this day and age of big money, just isn't cricket :lol:

yeah they tell you to focus on what it was like when you were fully fit while you're doing your rehabilitation too, to put yourself in the moment of being on top form, mind over matter

i think there's a big grey area, its difficult to seperate 'talent' and 'intelligence' imo, as i'd say that anyone that can use their brain well in sport is talented in a way

i guess the easiest way i'd try and simplify it would be to say that a good first touch takes talent as its very reactionary, and a perfect through ball takes intelligence as its all about spacial/spatial (sp) awareness, and weight

He has been getting worse and worse, much like the rest of the team. Hardly suprising given the changing roles he has had to come to terms with. He doesnt seem the smartest lad there is to begin with let alone switching him from RW to Lone Striker, then support stiker. His little brain is probably fried.

Like too many of the squad, switches off to easily, being a confidence player doesnt help the cause the way things are at the moment either.

When Martins is on the ball, he is probably one of the slowest strikers in the league. However, we seem to create a lot more attacking opportunities with him in the team than without.

If I were Sam, I'd make him do a couple thousand keepy-ups only with his feet each training session, then make him run 100m sprints while trying to dribble a ball until he makes them under 12 seconds or so, <cruel and unusual> perhaps with a shocker attached to remind him whenever he's kicked the ball over half a meter away from his feet.</cruel and unusual>

Florent Malouda went out and said: "“Training sessions here are terrifying. They are just like matches, and you go flat out. During the actual games it is as though everybody’s brains are switched off. People play by instinct, spontaneously, in the way they did when they first discovered football.”"

http://lyon.theoffside.com/player-news-and-rumors/florent-malouda-is-not-impressed-by-chelsea.html

Maybe there is something wrong with our training session, cause our players doesnt play by instinct.  I think we our biggest problem is that we lack a game plan, we have no attacking play. We just shoot the ball forward and hope for the strikers to do something with it.  If we had attacking play, our midfielder could pick out players, I think our strikers would score more goals.

Martins = not good enough, lacks composure, a few pot shots don't make up for missing easy chances, borne out of an incapability to play consistently well as a footballer.

Said it all ages ago. People always come round to my way of thinking eventually ......  ;D

Glad you put a smiley on that ..! I have ALWAYS thought he wasn't a top striker,nor ever would be...

Glad you put a smiley on that ..! I have ALWAYS thought he wasn't a top striker,nor ever would be...

ditto  ;D

Not sure who exactly on here thought we had purchased a 'top striker'?