Managers worth the risk and worth trying to get...

NUFC06

Klinsmann was the media friendly face? How wrong is that!!! If anyone was the media face it was former striker Oliver Bierhoff as he was brought in by Jurgen to be the the public/media face. Of couse Joachim Low influnced things due to fact he had managerial experince which Jurgen didnt have & this is to be expected as his role was assistant coach after all.

<-

Good call. But really? He took over a Lyon already massively superior to the other teams in the french league. Do you think he wants a crack on the premier league again? CAn he do it without a massive budget? Bring him in as a DOF with Klinsmann the manager.. Parky?

I'd go for that obviously.

Not German the wife is tho.  :razz:

<-

Good call. But really? He took over a Lyon already massively superior to the other teams in the french league. Do you think he wants a crack on the premier league again? CAn he do it without a massive budget? Bring him in as a DOF with Klinsmann the manager.. Parky?

Not German the wife is tho.

That's funny, she tells everyone her wife is English.  :laugh:

<-

Yeah but I won the rug battle.  :cheesy:

<-

Yeah but I won the rug battle:cheesy:

I don't want to know.  ???

Liverpool were in a similar situation to us when Houllier got there, a team ruined by Souness with little direction that needed rebuilding, he done for them a similar job that Sir Bobby done for us except he won them 5 trophies in the process. I think Liverpool got rid of him at the right time because he wasn't the same for them after his heart attack, he took time out from management and came back better than he ever was IMO.

<-

Yeah but I won the rug battle:cheesy:

I don't want to know.  ???

The stripey carpet she ordered and I threw away.

Liverpool were in a similar situation to us when Houllier got there, a team ruined by Souness with little direction that needed rebuilding, he done for them a similar job that Sir Bobby done for us except he won them 5 trophies in the process. I think Liverpool got rid of him at the right time because he wasn't the same for them after his heart attack, he took time out from management and came back better than he ever was IMO.

How old is he now Baggy?

The best we could get would be less than Houllier. You'd be looking at the Peter Reid, Terry Venables, Steve McLaren, George Graham, David O'Leary level of bargain bin and even then being forced to rummage around for a while.

Tony Mowbray of WBA - if you want to know why, read my piece on the Kevin Keegan thread ; too much to type out again here....

Oh - one thing I missed on there is the fact that it WOULD be possible to get him, unlike most of the names being bandied about...!

Tony Mowbray of WBA - if you want to know why, read my piece on the Kevin Keegan thread ; too much to type out again here....

Oh - one thing I missed on there is the fact that it WOULD be possible to get him, unlike most of the names being bandied about...!

Del Bosque and Kuper are without a job atm and i think they are realistic targets

Hitzfeld and Scolari will be free in the summer and its worth at least trying to bring one of them as a manager.

I admit that Mourihno and Lippi are fantasy targets but in football as in life you never know what might happen,especially when you have a billionare owner.

The OP is basically the equivalent of saying

"Kaka

Henry

Ronaldinho

Pirlo

David Villa

Nesta

Wouldn't it be nice if these players played for us?"

And don't come out with the whole "If City can get Sven we can get anyone too!" Shtick. The only reason Sven went to city is because his reputation had been massively tarnished by the English job. No big club would want him while that stigma still hung over his head.

...As long as we're dreaming, I'd like Guus Hiddink, thank you very much. :razz:

Guest Ridzuan

if Sam does indeed get the boot, who is going to temporarily going to step up to the plate?

Would be Pearson or Steve Round I would think.