Alan Green: Sam scores an own goal in blame game

Thespence

Pundits always blame us, saying we cant wait, we want top four football, they want Alana Shearer blah blah.

Makes me fcking sick.

I wish i cold sit on my arse in as tudio without doing any reseach apart from reading The Sun and pass comments about stuff.

Cnts the lot of them.

Alan Green cannot stand Allardyce.  He once said on 606 that Bolton played ugly football and it caused an uproar with Bolton.  On the programme this season, he has asked supporters if Newcastle are playing the Bolton style because he despises it so much.

With regards to comments by other managers, you will never hear one say that a fellow managers should be sacked.  They all stick up for each other so their opinion counts for nothing.

I think a lot of the media have been very critical of the fans response to games.

What is apparent though is that the majority of the written press and broadcast media have very little understanding of NUFC.  They base their ideas on the stereotypes promoted in the media.

Something else that amazes me is that when we are discussed on the radio, how many fans from other clubs phone in to pass opinion on us.  So many feel that they have to phone in to say how deluded we are and that we are not a big club!!  As a club, we seem to really get under the skin of other supporters - probably because of all the media attention.

However, precisely what business is it of Sir Alex Ferguson's to be talking about matters at St James Park?

Probably his position as executive on the league managers association.  A position which he takes quite seriously by all accounts and always contacts sacked or recently employed managers.

Alan Green has an ego a hundred times bigger than Allardyce's imo.

Guest Knightrider

Absoloute shite if you ask me.

Sam has repeated several times what's been unacceptable, and defended the fans' right to say so to the hilt.

He's been arse raped by the media in comparison to Souness' dragged out demise which his best buddy pundits never got on his back for.

What has Ashley sitting with the fans got to do with any of it?  Has Allardyce said a word about being annoyed by it.

Cheap reactionist journalism whipping up a frenzy from the fans who won't think for themselves so they can later point out how fickle we are.

Should post more in this forum mate.

Agreed.

It gets to something when people like Green are being held up as the champion voice of reason or whatever. The man's just jumping on the bandwagon, it amazes me fans fall for all this crap still.

I was wondering , those that said the article was 'spot on', what bits?

Allardyce hasnt moaned about the fans infact has agreed with them

hasnt mentioned Ashley being in the stands

has said him and the players havent performed well enough

Its not 'spot on' at all is it

Guest Knightrider

Exactly.

Seems to me it's just a misleading headline (which is not something that Green nescesarily had any say in anyway).

1st para is about Sam blaming the players (which might well be an own goal or not), but the rest of the story is about managers and media also blaming all sorts of things other than Sam.

An opinion peice in which Green suggests Allardyce might be held more accountable than he is. Not particularly insightful, but a perfectly valid opinion to air nonetheless i guess.

The trouble is a lot that read that article actually believe its all true (as proven in this thread) when actually if you break it down most of its bullshit put forward by someone who has an agenda.

If he'd said that a lot of Allardyce's problems are his team selections, tactics and under performing players........fair enough

but when he goes on about Allardyce blaming the fans and Ashley being in the stands etc then Im afraid all credability goes out the window.

Allardyce has said him and the players havent performed well enough I dont see how you can be more accountable than that.

I'll probably get grief for saying this but i reckon hes spot on tbh. He always blames everything but himself and his useless tactics and ability to play players in the right position

This......with the addition of his inability to buy decent players most of the time, and his tactical incompetence.

I don't like Green, but he's spot on there, undeniable.

The trouble is a lot that read that article actually believe its all true (as proven in this thread) when actually if you break it down most of its bullshit put forward by someone who has an agenda.

If he'd said that a lot of Allardyce's problems are his team selections, tactics and under performing players........fair enough

but when he goes on about Allardyce blaming the fans and Ashley being in the stands etc then Im afraid all credability goes out the window.

Allardyce has said him and the players havent performed well enough I dont see how you can be more accountable than that.

Allardyce didn't blame the fans, but his prize signing, Barton, came damn close. I don't recall Sam distancing himself from those comments at the time.

Guest Bolton Zulu

I am no defender of Sam Allardyce, considering how he left my club, but Alan Green is a shit of the first water. He never forgave Sam for the way in which his sides used to insert it up his beloved Liverpool on a regular basis.

Alan Green pinches a living. You heard it here first... actually you probably already knew that.  :coolsmiley:

Guest robertbobo

I'll probably get grief for saying this but i reckon hes spot on tbh. He always blames everything but himself and his useless tactics and ability to play players in the right position

I'll take 50% of your grief - I agree with you 100%, 100% mate.

Walking back to the car after the Man City game, before driving back to Edinburgh, my 15 year old son said - Dad, how can you be singing coming out of the ground, we were beaten again. Well, thank god for Bruce Springsteen - his 'Girls In Their Summer Clothes' was playing as we left the stadium and it's real catchy. Thanks Mr. Springsteen - you are solely responsible for letting me escape from my currently full time NUFC depression.

However, precisely what business is it of Sir Alex Ferguson's to be talking about matters at St James Park?

Probably his position as executive on the league managers association.  A position which he takes quite seriously by all accounts and always contacts sacked or recently employed managers.

Oh yes, he takes it seriously alright - so seriously that he stoops to making suggestions that Forest & Leeds would lie down when they played NUFC so that we could pip Man U to the title...

A worthy representative of his profession - NOT..

Oh yes, he takes it seriously alright - so seriously that he stoops to making suggestions that Forest & Leeds would lie down when they played NUFC so that we could pip Man U to the title...

Was he in it then? ;)

Anyway, Allardyce is also on the LMA committee, so it's no surprise to see Fergie sticking up for a colleague.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/lma/structure-3.html

Yes, let's shoot the messenger....

what he's said is pretty much spot on even if he is a shitbag.

Totally agree - there has been too many media people trying to blame the fans and anyone else bar Allardyce for the problems the club currently faces ; the manager HAS signed quite a high percentage of

the current side, so must accept at least that percentage of blame ; his judgment has proven not to be as good as has been made out..

However, this is a rare piece of decent comment from Green - he IS generally a tit..the only surprising bit is his courage on naming Fergie - THAT won't go down well on his next visit to OT..!!

Was he in it then? ;)

Anyway, Allardyce is also on the LMA committee, so it's no surprise to see Fergie sticking up for a colleague.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/lma/structure-3.html

Does it matter whether he was in it then or not? he still did those things and would do so again if he thought it would help his own cause. the only person/club Fergie cares about his himself and Man U - I read an interview with him just after they had pipped us to the title in 96 and he was reflecting on how he had been watching Liverpool play us in the 4-3 game and urging them on 'Come on Reds', he was saying to himself and recounted how he had always thought that L/Pool & Man U were worthy clubs etc etc -

Do you honestly think he gives 2 s----s about Liverpool ? Does he still say 'Come on Reds' when he's watching them in today's Premiership ? Does he b--------ks !!

They are rivals, and nothing more - it was 'any port in a storm' for Fergie then, and would be again.

You won't find me giving him credit for being anything other than a great manager - and that's all...

Guest Knightrider

So...

Anyone heard anything more from Alan Green on the sacking of Sam Allardyce? :parky:

Daft twat, saw Alan Green in the thread title and thought Sky are now saying he's on the way, or the bookies have suspended all betting on him or that he was spotted in Greggs.

I only have one heart GM.

So...

Anyone heard anything more from Alan Green on the sacking of Sam Allardyce? :parky:

Daft twat, saw Alan Green in the thread title and thought Sky are now saying he's on the way, or the bookies have suspended all betting on him or that he was spotted in Greggs.

I only have one heart GM.

Apologies for any myocardial infarction I may have induced there. :blush: