A Defining Moment That Not Just Changed A Career, But Also English Football....

Tooj

Guest Knightrider

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2372/39643187tackle203xu5.jpg

Hardly. His career aye, but English football?

Can you not imagine the difference having a player of that class and ability playing for England for the next decade could have done?

Aye, we would have still fallen short at the last hurdle, and on pens too.

Ridiculous to claim Gazza's injury was a defining moment in English football.

When possibly the most talented player the country has produced has an injury that he never recovers from, yes I can see how it would be ridiculous to claim that.

Howay then, how did it change English football?

Can you not imagine the difference having a player of that class and ability playing for England for the next decade could have done?

When possibly the most talented player the country has produced has an injury that he never recovers from, yes I can see how it would be ridiculous to claim that.

Because we were robbed of seeing a player who around that time was possibly the greatest player in the World, he was robbed of his best years, thus meaning the English national team were robbed of a player who could have made such much of a difference to the team, in both qualifying and actual competing for International Competitions.

No fuck it you're completely right, Gazza getting injured had no impact on English football at all and never changed it in the slightest.

Giggs deciding to play for Wales rather than England?

He didn't. He was always Welsh and qualified for Wales. He played for England schoolboys because he went to an English school. ESFA being different to the FA.

Because we were robbed of seeing a player who around that time was possibly the greatest player in the World, he was robbed of his best years, thus meaning the English national team were robbed of a player who could have made such much of a difference to the team, in both qualifying and actual competing for International Competitions.

No fuck it you're completely right, Gazza getting injured had no impact on English football at all and never changed it in the slightest.

TBF all this happened before HTT had got into football.

He didn't. He was always Welsh and qualified for Wales. He played for England schoolboys because he went to an English school. ESFA being different to the FA.

Well scratch that then! Erm... I agree with Jonny (tail between legs).

Well scratch that then! Erm... I agree with Jonny (tail between legs).

Only know that because I saw an interview with Giggs a little while ago where he finally put the myth to rest, as it were. The confusion comes from him playing for England Schoolboys, obviously.

both a career and football.  Never have I known a person to be SO f****** FAT, and also make it as a professional footballer....

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/mattcobb/parkin.jpg

You should have seen Billy Whitehurst....!!

Half Welsh isn't he?

Half Welsh isn't he?

Not according to him. Born in Wales wasn't he? English Dad is it? Anyway, he said there was never a decision for him to make as he's Welsh. He may have qualified for England too but so did Paulo Di Canio iirc. Doesn't make him English either.

Guest Knightrider

All ifs and buts. Not much of an argument tbh. I think you're overrating his injury. It was a defining moment in his career, but not English football.