Why is this forum so negative ?

Benwell Lad

you must have missed the hundreds of posts I've made about the current board and showing ambition like the old board did, unlike some people who seem happy enough with how things are, prioritising balancing the books and defending a lack of desire to get back into europe at least, asap.

In fact, you haven't missed them, because you have responded to some and disagreed with me, which must mean you are happy with the current position and future prospects.

You have also clearly stated in the past, you were not happy with a board who gained 3 top 5 consecutive league positions for the first time in 50 years, preferring some of their predecessors who sold our best players and only finished in the top 5 once in over 30 years.

Very odd.

Is that yes or no?

Lack of ambition.

Or unrealistic ambition , fuelled by self-grandeur delusion, flamed by self-righteous arrogance?

I can understand, coming from Teeside, you feel inferior, but this is Tyneside and NUFC you are talking about now.

you must have missed the hundreds of posts I've made about the current board and showing ambition like the old board did, unlike some people who seem happy enough with how things are, prioritising balancing the books and defending a lack of desire to get back into europe at least, asap.

In fact, you haven't missed them, because you have responded to some and disagreed with me, which must mean you are happy with the current position and future prospects.

You have also clearly stated in the past, you were not happy with a board who gained 3 top 5 consecutive league positions for the first time in 50 years, preferring some of their predecessors who sold our best players and only finished in the top 5 once in over 30 years.

Very odd.

Is that yes or no?

Let me see now, how can I explain.

Wanting more ambition = unhappy with current position.

Defending current ambition = happy with current position.

Understand ?

Now, were you happy with our 3 consecutive league positions for the first time in 50 years, or do you prefer the board who got nowhere near it and the cheap johnnies we brought into the club last summer ie the current transfer policy ?

I don't know why I'm asking actually, because I know - as usual - I won't get a straight answer.

As I said a while ago. I forecasted your call. If Sam succeeds, then Ashley and Mort will get the credit. If he fails, then Shepherd will get the blame. Isn't this right ?

mackems.gif

Man Utd's lap of honour two seasons ago when they only finished 2nd:

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4485/ysifsiv7.jpg

We're no better or worse than many other sets of fans. Difference being that no support even close to the size and passion of ours gets continually kicked in the bollocks as much as we do.

Who else would get our support with our lack of achievement?

No one. Which ironically is one of the very positive things about Newcastle.

Lack of ambition.

Or unrealistic ambition , fuelled by self-grandeur delusion, flamed by self-righteous arrogance?

I can understand, coming from Teeside, you feel inferior, but this is Tyneside and NUFC you are talking about now.

Wow, neither of you grasped the gag.

Lack of ambition.

Wow, neither of you grasped the gag.

Oh I don't know Dave. Coming from officially the worst place to live in the UK must take a sense of humour, the trouble with Teesiders, is that they don't have a rival, nobody is bothered about them. It takes something to have an inferiority complex about mackems, but somehow they manage it.

Understand ?

Now, were you happy with our 3 consecutive league positions for the first time in 50 years, or do you prefer the board who got nowhere near it and the cheap johnnies we brought into the club last summer ie the current transfer policy ?

I don't know why I'm asking actually, because I know - as usual - I won't get a straight answer.

As I said a while ago. I forecasted your call. If Sam succeeds, then Ashley and Mort will get the credit. If he fails, then Shepherd will get the blame. Isn't this right ?

mackems.gif

I can see what you're trying to do here. :booty:  Another bored thread.  :o

Understand ?

mackems.gif

I can see what you're trying to do here. :booty:  Another bored thread.   :o

On the contrary, once again, I answered you but you don't answer me, because you know you can't without admitting you are talking absolute rubbish.

However, if you don't realise this, then you have a severe problem

I am quite negative towards the club nowadays and without getting too deep, I for one am tired of us being mediocre and quite frankly a laughing stock.

As a club we lunge from one calamity to the next and I am sick of seeing newspaper headlines the day after we scrape a replay by the skin of our teeth against lower league opposition reading "Taylor hails Toon battlers!"

Players/Manger/Board/Club never seem to have the ambition of us fans, some may call those ambitions un-realistic, but I dont, why shouldnt we be challenging for trophies and beating the top teams on their own ground more than once in a blue moon??

I just have total apathy towards the club these days and football in general it feels like they want as much out of the fan as possible with nothing but mediocrity in return.

On the contrary, once again, I answered you but you don't answer me, because you know you can't without admitting you are talking absolute rubbish.

However, if you don't realise this, then you have a severe problem

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4052/threadwreckerwb1.jpg

didn't think you would. I was right, again.

I see you still have your "obsessed" avatar. Did the fat bastard nick your pies or something  mackems.gif

It makes me wince when I read comments about giving Sam 3-5 years just because it took Fergie and Wenger years to make their respective clubs one of the best in Europe.  At the end of the day, Fergie and Wenger (the latter in particular) play a brand of football that is lively, exciting, fast, accurate and most of all successful.  Can somebody (honestly) tell me that even if we gave Allardyce 5 solid years (or longer) that his 'brand' and 'style' of football would achieve similar results. No way. Not ever. That is my single gripe with this section of the forum. Those that believe that giving Allardyce 'Time' will produce the goods that we so crave because it worked for Wenger and Fergie.  It's the brand of football that Allardyce employs that is so negative. Some slightly more positive football from him would result in far more positive posts on this forum or any other fora for that matter even when results go against us. For that I am sure.

This thread is about the forum. Not the club's board. Just to let everyone know. :jesuswept:

The state of this forum in regards to it being so negative reflects the state of the club. Simple as.

Agreed. No reason to kick off the same old arguments about Shepherd et al though.

It makes me wince when I read comments about giving Sam 3-5 years just because it took Fergie and Wenger years to make their respective clubs one of the best in Europe.  At the end of the day, Fergie and Wenger (the latter in particular) play a brand of football that is lively, exciting, fast, accurate and most of all successful.  Can somebody (honestly) tell me that even if we gave Allardyce 5 solid years (or longer) that his 'brand' and 'style' of football would achieve similar results. No way. Not ever. That is my single gripe with this section of the forum. Those that believe that giving Allardyce 'Time' will produce the goods that we so crave because it worked for Wenger and Fergie.  It's the brand of football that Allardyce employs that is so negative. Some slightly more positive football from him would result in far more positive posts on this forum or any other fora for that matter even when results go against us. For that I am sure.

What's really ironic is that you're right, Wenger is often cited by idiot journalists as evidence of "stability breeding success". That's Arsene Wenger who won the Premiership title in his first full season. That's without mentioning Mourinho who did the same and Benitez who won the Champions League in his.

This thread is about the forum. Not the club's board. Just to let everyone know. :jesuswept:

The state of this forum in regards to it being so negative reflects the state of the club. Simple as.

Agreed. No reason to kick off the same old arguments about Shepherd et al though.

Yeah its boring but those sort of things are exactly the reason why they post negative things arent they?

Yeah its boring but those sort of things are exactly the reason why they post negative things arent they?

Maybe so. I thought the OP meant the general state of posts on here though. Always predicting the worst etc.

I hate it when people say give him time with nothing but crap to back up the argument, no matter who it is we have as a poor manager at the time.  We were told that when we had Souness and we were told the same with Roeder.  If you've got a manager who is not working then why allow things to get worse before reacting?

I hate it when people say give him time with nothing but crap to back up the argument, no matter who it is we have as a poor manager at the time.  We were told that when we had Souness and we were told the same with Roeder.  If you've got a manager who is not working then why allow things to get worse before reacting?

Agreed, this club has already thrown money at a shit manager even though he had no hope of turning it around, I'd hate for that sort of money to be wasted on Allardyce.

Maybe so. I thought the OP meant the general state of posts on here though. Always predicting the worst etc.

I hate to sound sadistic but doesnt the worst invaribly seem to happen to us on the pitch?, and i believe that has had an effect on the fans (me included) and untill we see a major trophy hoisted aloft by a Newcastle captain I dont think that attitude will change unfortunately.