We'll need to spend close to £100m between now and the end of the summer 2008..

Parky

I thought this was a wind up thread that would die on it's arse, but as some people are deluded enough to buy into this...

£100M on 15 - £25m players will get you 4 - 7 players.

Name me 4 - 7 players who's are currently valued at that (or even went for £10M in the last couple of years) that would come to the Toon now.

...following that logic (painful) even if we spent 50m on 2/3 players they still wouldn't come....eh?

You think we can't attract top players?

The PL is now the No.1 destination of most top players in the world read the opening article.

Thought so.

I don't think we can't, I know we can't.

Fucking Steve Sidwell didn't even want to come.

...following that logic (painful) even if we spent 50m on 2/3 players they still wouldn't come....eh?

We can get 3 players for the best part of £50m as Souey proved.

That was years ago, we were a champions league chasing side, in the UEFA cup.  We could then, we can't now.

I thought this was a wind up thread that would die on it's arse, but as some people are deluded enough to buy into this...

Name me 4 - 7 players who's are currently valued at that (or even went for £10M in the last couple of years) that would come to the Toon now.

The PL is now the No.1 destination of most top players in the world read the opening article.

Thought so.

Not good enough.

You know jack shit from what Iv'e read so far. Sorry. I just don't buy all this we can't attract quality lark.

Football is a speculative business model.

We don't need to spend man, we've got Alan Smith the worlds best midfielder/striker/right winger. With him in our team we simply cannot fail.

With signings like that it could take fat Sam £100 million to get us into the top 10.

I thought that was Parky's original point. ;)

Not taking what Parky says completely literally, i wholeheartedly agree with the principle.

I knew you would. :razz:

But I was hoping for a deeper insight from you.  :undecided:

There are still a few deluded souls who think we could get more out of our players but most recognise that, on the whole, the squad is where it ought to be in the prem.

We need 2 defenders, 3 midfielders and 2 strikers of higher quality than anyone already at the club to be where Ashley said he wanted the club to be in the next few years. I think over the next 18 months, £100m (spent not net spend) isnt far off.

Are you categorically saying that the current pefomrances of our individuals are the best we'll ever see of them? Scratch that, not even "best" but a true reflection of what they genreally capable of?

Well this kinda leads back to my point, spending big on players is useless if you arent competent enough to get the best out of them. Most of Sounesses signing were justifiable but when it came down to it, they didnt perform because the management and coaching wasnt upto scratch.

This is why i would be against giving Allardyce so much money in suchg a short period of time, becuase as it stands in my book he hasnt done anthing with his signings and hasnt brought on the games of many or any of the players that we have at the club.

Its a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

Exactly.

Allardyce can't manage his tea.

Needs to get us into Europe on a Bolton budget then fuck off to be replaced by someone who knows that players need to move even when they don't have the ball.

Thought so.

Not good enough.

You know jack shit from what Iv'e read so far. Sorry. I just don't buy all this we can't attract quality lark.

:lol:

Are you pissed?

That was years ago, we were a champions league chasing side, in the UEFA cup.  We could then, we can't now.

we finished lower the season just before owen and luque signed than we did last season, champion's league chasing my arse. oh and we werent in the uefa the season luque and owen joined either.

Well this kinda leads back to my point, spending big on players is useless if you arent competent enough to get the best out of them. Most of Sounesses signing were justifiable but when it came down to it, they didnt perform because the management and coaching wasnt upto scratch.

This is why i would be against giving Allardyce so much money in suchg a short period of time, becuase as it stands in my book he hasnt done anthing with his signings and hasnt brought on the games of many or any of the players that we have at the club.

Its a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

Exactly.

Allardyce can't manage his tea.

Needs to get us into Europe on a Bolton budget then fuck off to be replaced by someone who knows that players need to move even when they don't have the ball.

That can't happen anymore or haven't you noticed what the top 6/7 are starting to spend and the ambitions of the other new owners.

Thought so.

Not good enough.

Are you pissed?

Sidwell is not fucking good enough.

Look we either compete and therefore start to spend to match our ambitions or we wank on about Sidwell and Santa Clause or Cruz or whatever other muppet someone turns up for 5m.....

Man City were a point behind us at the end of  last season & spent about £40 million in the summer & on current form are in the top 4. Sam has spent about £20million. I think we have got to spend smarter as well as just whacking money on players, in Sam do we trust?

Thought so.

Not good enough.

Are you pissed?

Look we either compete and therefore start to spend to match our ambitions or we wank on about Sidwell and Santa Clause or Cruz or whatever other muppet someone turns up for 5m.....

The point is my dear boy, Sidwell DIDN'T WANT TO COME?  How exactly are we attracting all these players better than him?

We looked a joke chasing Rooney, and we'd look a joke chasing anyone else in that bracket at the moment.

We don't need to spend man, we've got Alan Smith the worlds best midfielder/striker/right winger. With him in our team we simply cannot fail.

With signings like that it could take fat Sam £100 million to get us into the top 10.

Not taking what Parky says completely literally, i wholeheartedly agree with the principle.

There are still a few deluded souls who think we could get more out of our players but most recognise that, on the whole, the squad is where it ought to be in the prem.

We need 2 defenders, 3 midfielders and 2 strikers of higher quality than anyone already at the club to be where Ashley said he wanted the club to be in the next few years. I think over the next 18 months, £100m (spent not net spend) isnt far off.

Are you categorically saying that the current pefomrances of our individuals are the best we'll ever see of them? Scratch that, not even "best" but a true reflection of what they genreally capable of?

Are Barton, Geremi, Duff and Smith the sort of midfield that gets the best out of slow immobile attackers?

Take your time.

You know jack s*** from what Iv'e read so far. Sorry. I just don't buy all this we can't attract quality lark.

It is utter shite there are select band of players & even fewer managers who would turn down the T & C's offered at SJP...............well the ones offered by Funtime Freddie anyway.

Thought so.

Not good enough.

Are you pissed?

The point is my dear boy, Sidwell DIDN'T WANT TO COME?  How exactly are we attracting all these players better than him?

We looked a joke chasing Rooney, and we'd look a joke chasing anyone else in that bracket at the moment.

The point is now we have a billionaire owner, no debt, 25% more telly money, the richest league on the planet. talk of breakaway leagues, branding in Asia....Read the script ringo and the agree with me. Or move away I ain't selling peanuts.  bluerazz.gif

We are debt free now man & we have a billionaire owner

we finished lower the season just before owen and luque signed than we did last season, champion's league chasing my arse. oh and we werent in the uefa the season luque and owen joined either.

Aye, a poor season after Robson did so brilliantly, so that's when we really had to be blinded by the cash being flashed so Freddy had to suck Owens cock for him to come (even though he was a crock no-one wanted).  Luque was one of the bung deals, must have been, because he was vastly overpriced, are you saying you want more of those 2 types of signing.

Thought so.

Not good enough.

Are you pissed?

The point is now we have a billionaire owner, no debt, 25% more telly money, the richest league on the planet. talk of breakaway leagues, branding in Asia....Read the script ringo and the agree with me. Or move away I ain't selling peanuts.  bluerazz.gif

Thought so.

Not good enough.

Are you pissed?

blueyes.gif the rise in tv money per club is actually over 60% too

Are Barton, Geremi, Duff and Smith the sort of midfield that gets the best out of slow immobile attackers?

Take your time.

Considering three of those were brought in by Allardyce (and they weren't exactly cheap), do you think trusting him with more money will see him change targets to something more exotic?

General question, not really owt to do with the thread as such. I know you've advocated giving him time.

Thought so.

Not good enough.

Are you pissed?

Parky, you talk daft in chat and it's funny, but football is serious man.

Even when Shearer came and we were challenging, everyone outside Newcastle knew he was daft, it was just geordie loyalty that brought him here (and god bless him for it). 

Aye, a poor season after Robson did so brilliantly, so that's when we really had to be blinded by the cash being flashed so Freddy had to suck Owens cock for him to come (even though he was a crock no-one wanted).  Luque was one of the bung deals, must have been, because he was vastly overpriced, are you saying you want more of those 2 types of signing.

just because a club is spending money doesnt mean the transfers have to be shit, as souness's were, i said they were done without sense earlier in the thread.  the club needs to take more care of how it spends money, better scouting specifically, but it has to be spent all the same if we want to move forward substantially. not sure allardyce is the man i'd trust in the event of us having a lot of money, mind.

Thought so.

Not good enough.

Are you pissed?

Parky, you talk daft in chat and it's funny, but football is serious man.

Even when Shearer came and we were challenging, everyone outside Newcastle knew he was daft, it was just geordie loyalty that brought him here (and god bless him for it). 

I know you love this thread baby cause you rarely post in footie.  :smitten:

Listen,

Some people see the train, some people can even hear the train coming and some people need to look at the timetable....

I am the fucking train.

Take your time.

Thats not what im saying, and it isnt what you said (or implied for that matter).

Back to the question, do you think that we have seen the best or anywhere near good enough consistent perfomrances from our players? Has Allardyce shown any ability of yet to bring out good perfomracnes from these players?

Is there £100,000,000 available to spend though Parky? More importantly, is £100,000,000 there to spend for Allardyce?

Agree with the sentiments of the OP though. We need to attract 4 or 5 top, top players as a sign of intent. Getting the first one through the door will be the hardest though. :)