Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

End of the day we get someone class in who does the job, none of this will matter.

I'm thinking as long as we don't sound out McClaren, surely the only way is up (Hughes I feel is on a similar level to Allardyce).

...back to square one?

Pretty much - but the difference between us and Allardyce and us with Hughes or whoever were he to be appointed is that the man would be properly supported in a way that Allardyce wasn't going to be. So, in a roundabout way, if Hughes is on Sam's level, but better supported, then we'd be better off.

Am I making any sense? I don't know if I am.

Christ almighty, someone finally makes the important point. I've been waiting for about 3 hours for someone to post something like this.

Give that man a gold star.

Ashley's looking more incompetent by the hour, along with Jolly Hockeysticks Mort.

Who else would let that objectionable c*nt Kemsley do their bidding whilst away on business?

Amateurs!

oh dear. It hasn't taken long.

Bold bit made me laugh mind

I was going to type a proper reply to that post Yorkie, but before I do anything, who said Redknapp was their first choice?

He might just have been the first to respond.

Howay man! Are you telling me we've sent out five different contract offers, or something?

Redknapp was offered the job, offered a contract, and turned it down. He's said so himself.

He wasn't simply "sounded out" about taking over, or asked if he would be interested.

I applaud the optimism, but let's get physical... I mean "real".

maybe the redknapp episode was an elaborate charade, a smokescreen to throw the media off the real scent. on monday we'll see mourinho unveiled, i'm sure of that...

A pig has just flown past my window, dressed in an expensive-looking grey woolen coat, so anything is possible.

You're meant to be the optimistic one! :lol:

My optimism is now based on the fact that Allardyce was a dead duck that was never going to be supported and who played terrible football, and the man that replaces him, while not necessarily supported by the fans initially, should have a better chance than Allardyce of doing something here because he'd be Ashley's man with better backing.

That's the only way the board can redeem themselves for the Redknapp thing - which cannot be coloured as anything but an error, despite people's best efforts.

I think they'd be wise to look for an interim manger until the summer now, someone willing to step in and hold the fort until it becomes clearer who may be available and interested. Scrabbling around for a manger in a hurry now is hardly likely to result in the ideal candidate.

Putting yourself in this position by sacking your manager without a replacement ready and waiting in the wings was a major dropped bollock and it wasn't what anyone expected of the new regime.

Let's hope they learn from this and the mistake is never repeated.

I'm with you mate, agreed.  :thup:

I think they'd be wise to look for an interim manger until the summer now, someone willing to step in and hold the fort until it becomes clearer who may be available and interested. Scrabbling around for a manger in a hurry now is hardly likely to result in the ideal candidate.

Putting yourself in this position by sacking your manager without a replacement ready and waiting in the wings was a major dropped bollock and it wasn't what anyone expected of the new regime.

Modesty at it's finest.

Modesty at it's finest.

No other bastard replied to it and I was getting desperate the idea got some recognition.  :-[

Modesty at it's finest.

No other bastard replied to it and I was getting desperate the idea got some recognition.  :-[

It's been mentioned quite a few times now fella, Parky even has his own thread about it, which was posted 2 hours after your quoted comments, mind.

Modesty at it's finest.

It's been mentioned quite a few times now fella, Parky even has his own thread about it, which was posted 2 hours after your quoted comments, mind.

:smug:

it might be worth appointing an interim manager until the summer if other managers show redknapp's disinclination to move at this point in time. that way they board can do as much tapping up and targeting of other managers without our present manager and the side being undermined. but it would have to be someone capable, i wouldnt have much faith in pearson to steer us away from the botton if/when the next few results dont go our way. EDIT: looking back it seems a fair few others have suggested the same.

any ideas as to who would be chosen? venables performed a similar task at boro iirc. i hear allardyce is available.

it might be worth appointing an interim manager until the summer if other managers show redknapp's disinclination to move at this point in time. that way they board can do as much tapping up and targeting of other managers without our present manager and the side being undermined. but it would have to be someone capable, i wouldnt have much faith in pearson to steer us away from the botton if/when the next few results dont go our way. venables performed a similar task at boro iirc.

This is the background feeling, that it is such a bad time to ditch if you haven't got someone cast iron ready to step in.

Hopefully we are 'talking' to others right now.

Guest 3-1 NYD

For me as soon as ashley and mort get the manager in they want thats when i`ll judge them.

Do you have any faith in these 2 clowns getting it right?

After all, their first choice was Redknapp who hardly any of us would have wanted.

And don't get me started on that c*nt Kemsley who seems to be conducting things!

For me as soon as ashley and mort get the manager in they want thats when i`ll judge them.

After all, their first choice was Redknapp who hardly any of us would have wanted.

And don't get me started on that c*nt Kemsley who seems to be conducting things!

Kemsley seems to be on a one man sabotage mission.

Kemsley seems to be on a one man sabotage mission.

Wish the fat cunt would just stick to darts!

Excerpt from 'Alice Ashley in Wonderland' by Lewis Carroll

"' Would you tell me which way i ought to go from here?' asked Alice Ashley. 'That depends a good deal on where you want to go' said the Cat. 'I dont much care where' said Alice Ashley. 'Then it doesnt matter which way you go' said the Cat."

???

Excerpt from 'Alice Ashley in Wonderland' by Lewis Carroll

"' Would you tell me which way i ought to go from here?' asked Alice Ashley. 'That depends a good deal on where you want to go' said the Cat. 'I dont much care where' said Alice Ashley. 'Then it doesnt matter which way you go' said the Cat."

???

You've still got your Xmas avatar up you fucking eejit. :frantic:

Guest jimmy1982

They haven't failed it yet... there is still the possibility that they will pull their chestnuts out of the fire and appoint a manager who is universally welcomed by all and sundry on tyneside, and who wins us the treble next season... It may look like a right old dog's dinner from where we stand, what with the way the sacking was done and the apparent offer to Redknapp, but until they give the job to the cockney or some other horrible **** they haven't failed.

They haven't failed it yet... there is still the possibility that they will pull their chestnuts out of the fire and appoint a manager who is universally welcomed by all and sundry on tyneside, and who wins us the treble next season... It may look like a right old dog's dinner from where we stand, what with the way the sacking was done and the apparent offer to Redknapp, but until they give the job to the cockney or some other horrible **** they haven't failed.

One of many of your good posts. :thup:

Guest elbee909

So, do people still feel Ashley and Mort have failed the first real test? :parky:

Feels like they've dodged it with a bloody good reason rather than failed or passed it.

Guest nufc_geordie

One of many of your good posts. :thup:

You going to predict the lottery results this weeks as well. Only one of two people could have provoked this reaction and that was Keegan or Shearer, otherwise the support would have been split again.

Guest optimistic nit

If there was a simmering discontent with Sammy Dice at the highest level and doubts had begun to be voiced, especially within the context of the growing evidence of supporter disenchantment with performances, would it not have been better to wait till the summer?

If as it seems Ashley was growing impatient to stamp his mark on the club, shouldn't he (with no football background and scant knowledge) have held fire till a longer period of deliberation and discussion was available ie the summer. A time when many more managers get itchy feet, get fired, or end associations with national teams. Wouldn't the wisest move in all reality have been to take stock and canvass opionion from experts, contacts, agents and friends during the summer break? Pick a man from a shortlist carefully assembled, perhaps a world class or international class manager.

What exactly is the driving force behind this farce?

Please help me.

think you're spot on here like. very haphazard business wise, even if it does all work out in the end

not saying they are shite mind, but they've got themselves in a mess here, no denying it.

Guest 3-1 NYD

So, do people still feel Ashley and Mort have failed the first real test? :parky:

Feels like they've dodged it with a bloody good reason rather than failed or passed it.

I stand corrected and owe apologies to messers Mort & Ashley.

However, they were correct to follow my advice eh lads?

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48837.0

Guest DazzaNufc1892

too knee-jerk again from everybody on here, i feel like im becoming the only person who is willing to give everybody their fair run, maybe its the lawyer in me but surely you cant judge somebody ala mort and ashley until the final act has happend?

people on here had a go at them before we even know what was going to happen, nobody even knows yet if we turned redknapp down eventually or if he turned us down, who knows, he could have been on the list like the other boys, we talked, and said we was going to be in touch, we could have wanted a yes from everybody before we made a decision, so we knew who and what we were realistically looking at? not totally unknow to happen, group all the sheep together, find out what your final pickings between then make a final decision

too knee-jerk again from everybody on here, i feel like im becoming the only person who is willing to give everybody their fair run, maybe its the lawyer in me but surely you cant judge somebody ala mort and ashley until the final act has happend?

people on here had a go at them before we even know what was going to happen, nobody even knows yet if we turned redknapp down eventually or if he turned us down, who knows, he could have been on the list like the other boys, we talked, and said we was going to be in touch, we could have wanted a yes from everybody before we made a decision, so we knew who and what we were realistically looking at? not totally unknow to happen, group all the sheep together, find out what your final pickings between then make a final decision

How about judging them on the sheer fact they approached  Nappy first? Eh?  :lol: