Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

My Shearer 9 shirt is put away, and I'm signing off. It'll be hard, if not impossible, to stay away from EPL. Doubt I'll find a new club, so I might be back when Ashley's sold on and we've stabilized... thank you, you are without any doubt the best fans in the world. Take care!

Don't be daft, don't let the bastards get you down.  :lol:

Guest Heneage

What suprises me is peoples nigh "Shock" that Ashley hasn't and won't spend big bucks on us.

He was asking for investors, any man doing that has no intention what so ever to put his own cash in. This is not QPR, the man is worth £2 billion put that in context of Abramovich and sorts and hes a pauper nigh on. His £2m is not cash in hand its in assets mainly, yes I think the blokes a pratt but im not shocked hes tighter with his wallet than his shirt is on his chest.

From www.newcastlebanter.co.uk

Keegan and Ashley: Triumph and Betrayal

By Neil Farrington on Sep 4, 08 10:58 PM in

SO farewell then, Kevin Keegan - and congratulations.

Congratulations not only on leaving Tyneside - surely, for the last time - with your integrity intact.

No, congratulations on achieving arguably - hopefully - the greatest triumph of your career at Newcastle United simply by walking away from St James's Park . . .

And so exposing the businessmen - businessmen? - who purport to run the club (and so serve the most deserving fans in football) as the witless, conniving, mostly absent fools they are.

Cowards too, even if my strong belief that none of them will show their face any time soon in the city they have so callously betrayed is mistaken.

For even those few Geordies who felt no emotional pull towards Keegan; even outsiders who habitually gawp at St James's like rubberneckers passing a car crash; cannot deny that the conduct of Newcastle's so-called hierarchy this week - not to mention recent months - has been disgraceful.

For two-and-a-half days, Mike Ashley and his goons left a city which lives and breathes football gasping in a vacuum of rumour, speculation and fear.

Then they cast that proud town into misery with a pitiless cruelty that bodes worse still for United in the months ahead.

Apparently, that's simply the way Mr Ashley does business; the way he got to be the man he is . . . a sad, wannabe football fan and social adolescent (necking a pint in one, indeed).

Well,, I am pretty sure he has just made one of the worst business decisions of his life.

Having sown an ill wind, he must now reap the whirlwind.

Sure, he will have little trouble persuading the outsiders whose fascination with the Newcastle circus grows ever more morbid to switch their attention to the question of Keegan's successor.

Why, with more false promises, he might even tempt a credible character - from abroad, most probably - to take the job, Dennis Wise and all.

But I reckon Ashley's hopes of making a tidy profit from his ruinous flirtation with football followed Keegan out the door.

And even he should know that Newcastle itself will never forget the events of September 2008, or his part in them.

And will never forgive.

If Ashley acknowledges that fact - and his loyalty to Wise and co above Keegan suggests a detachment from reality - his backside may drop so fast and far in the next few days that he bails out of football to the first bidder.

Shame on him that he has left a city praying for such small mercies.

:clap:

Nail on head.

Guest mikefin

Congratulations not only on leaving Tyneside - surely, for the last time - with your integrity intact.

No, congratulations on achieving arguably - hopefully - the greatest triumph of your career at Newcastle United simply by walking away from St James's Park . . .

And so exposing the businessmen - businessmen? - who purport to run the club (and so serve the most deserving fans in football) as the witless, conniving, mostly absent fools they are.

Cowards too, even if my strong belief that none of them will show their face any time soon in the city they have so callously betrayed is mistaken.

For even those few Geordies who felt no emotional pull towards Keegan; even outsiders who habitually gawp at St James's like rubberneckers passing a car crash; cannot deny that the conduct of Newcastle's so-called hierarchy this week - not to mention recent months - has been disgraceful.

For two-and-a-half days, Mike Ashley and his goons left a city which lives and breathes football gasping in a vacuum of rumour, speculation and fear.

Then they cast that proud town into misery with a pitiless cruelty that bodes worse still for United in the months ahead.

Apparently, that's simply the way Mr Ashley does business; the way he got to be the man he is . . . a sad, wannabe football fan and social adolescent (necking a pint in one, indeed).

Well,, I am pretty sure he has just made one of the worst business decisions of his life.

Sure, he will have little trouble persuading the outsiders whose fascination with the Newcastle circus grows ever more morbid to switch their attention to the question of Keegan's successor.

Why, with more false promises, he might even tempt a credible character - from abroad, most probably - to take the job, Dennis Wise and all.

But I reckon Ashley's hopes of making a tidy profit from his ruinous flirtation with football followed Keegan out the door.

And even he should know that Newcastle itself will never forget the events of September 2008, or his part in them.

And will never forgive.

If Ashley acknowledges that fact - and his loyalty to Wise and co above Keegan suggests a detachment from reality - his backside may drop so fast and far in the next few days that he bails out of football to the first bidder.

:clap: :clap:

My Shearer 9 shirt is put away, and I'm signing off. It'll be hard, if not impossible, to stay away from EPL. Doubt I'll find a new club, so I might be back when Ashley's sold on and we've stabilized... thank you, you are without any doubt the best fans in the world. Take care!

Sorry like but I find these sort of comments disturbing.

This isn't the end of Newcastle United.

Sorry like but I find these sort of comments disturbing.

This isn't the end of Newcastle United.

He'll be back by the time we play Blackburn man. There's been some hilariously dramatic and diva-esque behaviour in the last few hours.  As a woman it's quite amusing to see that most men have it in them ;)

Guest battyleespeed

He was asking for investors, any man doing that has no intention what so ever to put his own cash in. This is not QPR, the man is worth £2 billion put that in context of Abramovich and sorts and hes a pauper nigh on. His £2m is not cash in hand its in assets mainly, yes I think the blokes a pratt but im not shocked hes tighter with his wallet than his shirt is on his chest.

Any idea how much cash in hand he actually has?

I find the title of this thread thoroughly amusing and misguided.

Because Ashley and Keegan have parted company under the management echelons of NUFC, pray tell me where Ashley has failed?

As far as I can see, he saved the club from oblivion 15 months ago, established a professional managemenmt team, set in place short and long term strategic plans for the club, wiped off most of the debt incurred by the previous administration, oversaw the sale of deadwood from the squad, actively seeking investors and marketing partners to piortray the image of club worldwide, sanctioned the purchase of quality players within the framework of the budget allocated and is currently addressing a plan to be debt free within 3 years.

His only failing, in my eyes, is to fail to return from America to deal personally with the Keegan tantrum.

Guest Harry-Norway

f*** YOU ASHLEY-YOU MAKE ME SICK-DROWN YOURSELF IN BEER YOU FAT b******

f*** YOU WISE-YOU UGLY LITTLE DWARF-GET A ROPE

KEVIN K I ALREADY MISS YOU!

WHERE WILL THIS END NOW?

WHO WANTS TOO MANAGE A CLUB WITH THIS BOARD

Guest Geordie Boyo

Ashely brought in Derek Llambias, who as director has totally screwed this club right up the ar#e by not giving Keegan any control to do his job, and has used Dennis f#*~ing Wise to do Keegan's job while he sits at his desk in london...!

An absaloute shamble and total disgrace. Ashely has fully responsible for all of this and if he had any sense left at all he would sell this club to the 1st buyer with a pinch of knowledge when it comes to a structure & polices of a football club asap so we can attempt to bring Kevin back and clean up the mess he has created!

This predicament was a double edged sword, on one hand Ashley brings Keegan back, a massive move, which in itself caused some mixed feelings, but any rationality tends to fade with Keegans aura, and it wasn't long until we were all believers again.  On the other side you have a setup that has been proving fruitful, the players that have been signed up look quality, but then it appears that they got more power hungry, and started to transgress into Keegans area even more, obviously anyone who knows Keegan, knows what will happen if this is the case.

The shame is that with a more compromising other half, either side would of worked, and worked well.

This predicament was a double edged sword, on one hand Ashley brings Keegan back, a massive move, which in itself caused some mixed feelings, but any rationality tends to fade with Keegans aura, and it wasn't long until we were all believers again.  On the other side you have a setup that has been proving fruitful, the players that have been signed up look quality, but then it appears that they got more power hungry, and started to transgress into Keegans area even more, obviously anyone who knows Keegan, knows what will happen if this is the case.

The shame is that with a more compromising other half, either side would of worked, and worked well.

Good post.

It shouldn't have been too difficult to get this to work, looks to me like one side (KK?) being too pig-headed/proud to compromise.

As you say, shame as it had showed more positives than negatives so far.

Wise ready to face wrath of Toon Army

Dennis Wise

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPublished Date:

05 September 2008

By Ian Appleyard

DENNIS WISE is not expected to walk away from Newcastle United even in the wake of manager Kevin Keegan's departure last night from the crisis-torn Premier League club.

Former Leeds United manager Wise has never baulked at a challenge in his life and is also a master in the art of taking on a hostile crowd.

With Keegan's immediate future settled after days of wrangling, Newcastle supporters are demanding that Wise be axed as executive football director.

Doncaster-born Keegan was no longer prepared to accept interference from Wise in transfer matters – a situation that came to a head after the £12m sale of former Leeds winger James Milner to Aston Villa.

Keegan had threatened to walk away unless the matter is addressed – yesterday was the third day in a row when he was absent from training – but the question of compensation remained a thorny issue.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley had stressed that Keegan had 'not been sacked' in order, it was believed, to avoid a possible £2m settlement on the remainder of his contract. There were suggestions that Keegan will have to pay £2m back to the club as a result of his resignation.

As the bullets flew back and forth between the rival camps, Wise was caught in the crossfire awaiting clarification on his role.

It may only be an outside possibility, but who is to say that Ashley might not to turn to Wise as a caretaker-manager now that Keegan has turned his back on Tyneside for a second time.?

It might sound implausible – considering Wise's current status as 'Public Enemy No 1' in the eyes of the Toon Army – but friendships in football often make common-sense redundant.

There was widespread shock and anger among Leeds supporters when club chairman Ken Bates gave Wise the manager's job at Elland Road in October 2006, but did the former Chelsea player bat an eyelid? Not in the slightest. Indeed, Wise, who chose Bates as a godfather to his son, appeared to revel in the unpopularity before eventually dumping the club without a word of apology.

Wise was offered a £1m-a-year role at Newcastle on the back of his friendship with owner Ashley and has claimed since that he is no longer interested in day-to-day football management.

That may be music to the ears of some of his ex-players.

Only yesterday, Leeds goalkeeper David Lucas said that new manager Gary McAllister treated players 'more like adults' than his predecessor.

"With training under Dennis Wise, you had to be really at it," said Lucas. "There was no slacking off otherwise you would get a telling-off. Now it seems that the manager treats us more like adults. We have a very professional, laid-back atmosphere now. As long as we are not taking the mick, we can do things at our own pace."

Ashley would need to be extremely brave or seriously foolish to put Wise in charge of Newcastle's first team, even if only on a temporary basis. Yet, if he did, Wise might perversely enjoy running a gauntlet of hate during Newcastle's next home game against Hull City.

It was being suggested on Tyneside last night that Wise could be reunited with former Leeds assistant Gus Poyet, currently No 2 to Juande Ramos at Spurs, at the Newcastle helm.

Former Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder says the latest situation at St James' Park is a 'tragedy' as the club lurches from 'one disaster to another.'

Roeder, now manager of Norwich City, said: "All Kevin wanted was to be allowed to manage Newcastle United. Or should I say manage the English way.

"It is the fashion today to use the European way of putting someone between the owner and the manager in some kind of technical director role, but it is always difficult for a manager when someone unknown turns up at the training ground on a Monday morning."

He added: "There's no stability at the club and I don't think there has been for a long time.

"They go from one manager to another and the people who suffer the most are the most important people, the supporters. When they talk about Newcastle being a great club, it's only great for one reason – because it has great supporters."

Interesting to see what the Leeds players thought of him as Manager

Sounds like the little cunt we always believed he was

Guest Micktoon

And will never forgive.

This. Fucking nail on head.

In the cold light of the new day words can still not expresss how i feel at the amateur way this whole farce has been handled. All the club have done is issue cliched press annoucements. Show your face your cowardly bunch of cunts and explain to the heart of the club, US, what the fuck has gone on and what you plan to do to put it right.

And will never forgive.

This. f***ing nail on head.

In the cold light of the new day words can still not expresss how i feel at the amateur way this whole farce has been handled. All the club have done is issue cliched press annoucements. Show your face your cowardly bunch of c***s and explain to the heart of the club, US, what the f*** has gone on and what you plan to do to put it right.

I fully expect Keegan to do the same...which even when he was still being employed by us, didn't for 2 days.

Guest Micktoon

And will never forgive.

This. f***ing nail on head.

In the cold light of the new day words can still not expresss how i feel at the amateur way this whole farce has been handled. All the club have done is issue cliched press annoucements. Show your face your cowardly bunch of c***s and explain to the heart of the club, US, what the f*** has gone on and what you plan to do to put it right.

I fully expect Keegan to do the same...which even when he was still being employed by us, didn't for 2 days.

I agree. There is a shot load of explaining to do as to why we've been left in the shitter again.

Wise ready to face wrath of Toon Army

Dennis Wise

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPublished Date:

05 September 2008

By Ian Appleyard

DENNIS WISE is not expected to walk away from Newcastle United even in the wake of manager Kevin Keegan's departure last night from the crisis-torn Premier League club.

Former Leeds United manager Wise has never baulked at a challenge in his life and is also a master in the art of taking on a hostile crowd.

With Keegan's immediate future settled after days of wrangling, Newcastle supporters are demanding that Wise be axed as executive football director.

Doncaster-born Keegan was no longer prepared to accept interference from Wise in transfer matters a situation that came to a head after the £12m sale of former Leeds winger James Milner to Aston Villa.

Keegan had threatened to walk away unless the matter is addressed yesterday was the third day in a row when he was absent from training but the question of compensation remained a thorny issue.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley had stressed that Keegan had 'not been sacked' in order, it was believed, to avoid a possible £2m settlement on the remainder of his contract. There were suggestions that Keegan will have to pay £2m back to the club as a result of his resignation.

As the bullets flew back and forth between the rival camps, Wise was caught in the crossfire awaiting clarification on his role.

It may only be an outside possibility, but who is to say that Ashley might not to turn to Wise as a caretaker-manager now that Keegan has turned his back on Tyneside for a second time.?

It might sound implausible considering Wise's current status as 'Public Enemy No 1' in the eyes of the Toon Army but friendships in football often make common-sense redundant.

There was widespread shock and anger among Leeds supporters when club chairman Ken Bates gave Wise the manager's job at Elland Road in October 2006, but did the former Chelsea player bat an eyelid? Not in the slightest. Indeed, Wise, who chose Bates as a godfather to his son, appeared to revel in the unpopularity before eventually dumping the club without a word of apology.

Wise was offered a £1m-a-year role at Newcastle on the back of his friendship with owner Ashley and has claimed since that he is no longer interested in day-to-day football management.

That may be music to the ears of some of his ex-players.

Only yesterday, Leeds goalkeeper David Lucas said that new manager Gary McAllister treated players 'more like adults' than his predecessor.

"With training under Dennis Wise, you had to be really at it," said Lucas. "There was no slacking off otherwise you would get a telling-off. Now it seems that the manager treats us more like adults. We have a very professional, laid-back atmosphere now. As long as we are not taking the mick, we can do things at our own pace."

Ashley would need to be extremely brave or seriously foolish to put Wise in charge of Newcastle's first team, even if only on a temporary basis. Yet, if he did, Wise might perversely enjoy running a gauntlet of hate during Newcastle's next home game against Hull City.

It was being suggested on Tyneside last night that Wise could be reunited with former Leeds assistant Gus Poyet, currently No 2 to Juande Ramos at Spurs, at the Newcastle helm.

Former Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder says the latest situation at St James' Park is a 'tragedy' as the club lurches from 'one disaster to another.'

Roeder, now manager of Norwich City, said: "All Kevin wanted was to be allowed to manage Newcastle United. Or should I say manage the English way.

"It is the fashion today to use the European way of putting someone between the owner and the manager in some kind of technical director role, but it is always difficult for a manager when someone unknown turns up at the training ground on a Monday morning."

He added: "There's no stability at the club and I don't think there has been for a long time.

"They go from one manager to another and the people who suffer the most are the most important people, the supporters. When they talk about Newcastle being a great club, it's only great for one reason because it has great supporters."

Interesting to see what the Leeds players thought of him as Manager

Sounds like the little c*** we always believed he was

Wise may have been a nasty cunt as a player, and (apparantly) left Leeds under a cloud but while he's been here, I can't recollect anything he's done thats merited this. He appears to be fulfilling his job responsibilities well enough.

Good post.

It shouldn't have been too difficult to get this to work, looks to me like one side (KK?) being too pig-headed/proud to compromise.

As you say, shame as it had showed more positives than negatives so far.

Agreed, a little bit more give or take and we wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm disappointed at how it's turned out, but with Keegan and Ashley equally.

And if Keegan had stayed, how long would he have been manager? Another year? Two? Ashley has to look to the long term stability of the club and if KK couldn't buy into that then it's sad but unavoidable that he exits.

There's no way Ashley has failed.

And will never forgive.

Rabble rousing bullshit which will do more harm than good.

If/When Ashley goes I'll be slightly gutted. The man has come in and saved us from inevitable championship football, whether that was through relegation or point deductions due to shocking finances. With Chris Mort along side him, he restored some order in the place and got the good feeling back. The appointment of keegan may have been an attempt to please the fans but I doubt he would have turned up each week to listen to the crap some supporters come out with if he didn't give a fuck about the club.

No-one knows exactly has gone on within the club but to automatically jump on Ashleys back is stupid. In my opinion the right man was there but the regime wasnt. He came and tried something that is working in the modern game but appointed a manager that believed in the old system. I'm not really supporting either party but comprimises have to made and no-one is bigger than the club. Errors have been made and mistakes have occured but to actively attack one of the better things to actually happen to the club is recent years is frankly suicidle.

If people want, get rid of ashley, sell the club to some foreigners who will bring in big names with massive pay packets to create a club that isnt financially sustainable. These owners will fuel the club with cash but won't sit or even listen to the fans - the real newcastle united! There are no proven football millionaires capable of taking over the club so whoever comes in will be new to it and will therefore bring problems of their own.

We have done a hell of a lot right in the last 18 months so to chuck it out of the window now would be a waste. We have moved forward for the first time in years, so we need to stick together and iron out these problems otherwise the club that we thought we loved and lived will be no more. The anger and frustration will pass (eventually) but newcastle united WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!!!! keep the faith

If/When Ashley goes I'll be slightly gutted. The man has come in and saved us from inevitable championship football, whether that was through relegation or point deductions due to shocking finances. With Chris Mort along side him, he restored some order in the place and got the good feeling back. The appointment of keegan may have been an attempt to please the fans but I doubt he would have turned up each week to listen to the crap some supporters come out with if he didn't give a fuck about the club.

No-one knows exactly has gone on within the club but to automatically jump on Ashleys back is stupid. In my opinion the right man was there but the regime wasnt. He came and tried something that is working in the modern game but appointed a manager that believed in the old system. I'm not really supporting either party but comprimises have to made and no-one is bigger than the club. Errors have been made and mistakes have occured but to actively attack one of the better things to actually happen to the club is recent years is frankly suicidle.

If people want, get rid of ashley, sell the club to some foreigners who will bring in big names with massive pay packets to create a club that isnt financially sustainable. These owners will fuel the club with cash but won't sit or even listen to the fans - the real newcastle united! There are no proven football millionaires capable of taking over the club so whoever comes in will be new to it and will therefore bring problems of their own.

We have done a hell of a lot right in the last 18 months so to chuck it out of the window now would be a waste. We have moved forward for the first time in years, so we need to stick together and iron out these problems otherwise the club that we thought we loved and lived will be no more. The anger and frustration will pass (eventually) but newcastle united WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!!!! keep the faith

I agree with you 100%.

And will never forgive.

Nail on head.

Likewise.