Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

Fulham are going great guns, I can see why they're a fantastic example to use of what we should be doing.

A sad admission that such clubs show more transfer clout than we do. Haven't seen such days since, eeeer.......pre 1992

Co-incidentally, the end of decades of real mediocrity and failure. Lose the next 2 games and we will be 2 or 3 points above the drop zone. Nowt to worry about though, its not like we are being embarrassed anymore.

I see it more of an admission that shit managers with lots of money are still shit managers.

I'm worried about relegation. I've put that bit in bold for you, in case you miss it.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48415.msg1206382#msg1206382 ........surprised you missed this, or maybe not as it won't suit your opinion

Fact is, stop capitalising on the fanbase [which the last board always attempted to do] and there is only one way you WILL go.

All that link proves to me is that the figures are wrong, I can see that as soon as I see what they have for Roeder spending so I’m taking it with a pinch of salt.  Roeder spent £5 million of Duff and just over £10.1 million on Martins, he got back £1.7 million for Viana, £500k for Chopra, £2 million for Faye and £3.3 million for Boumsong.

Roeder either spent £15.1 million gross or £7.6 million net.

If they can get that wrong then they can get anything wrong.  Even if it's true I'm sure I could go and find times in the last 15 or so years when we've been behind smaller clubs when it comes to spending

I agree with your last comment, that's why I mentioned it in an earlier post, I don't agree with giving Souness almost £50 million and I doubt that you do either.

Defending the downward spiral are we ?

Fulham are going great guns, I can see why they're a fantastic example to use of what we should be doing.

A sad admission that such clubs show more transfer clout than we do. Haven't seen such days since, eeeer.......pre 1992

Co-incidentally, the end of decades of real mediocrity and failure. Lose the next 2 games and we will be 2 or 3 points above the drop zone. Nowt to worry about though, its not like we are being embarrassed anymore.

I see it more of an admission that shit managers with lots of money are still shit managers.

I'm worried about relegation. I've put that bit in bold for you, in case you miss it.

Clear enough. But its others who have their heads in the sand.

That link shows Fulham spent more than us in 2004/05.

It's funny how NE5 is so quick to defend (even to this day) Shepherd yet at the same time just as quick to attack Mort/Ashley.

What's happened to HTL by the way?

NE5 on the January transfer window under Shepherd...

Given, Carr, Emre, Parker, Martins, Dyer, Solano, Owen, Zoggy, Duff, Milner, Butt, Luque, Bramble, Moore .... are all players in the current first team squad NOT bought just before a transfer deadline and/or players the manager at the time wanted to bring into the club and spent time negotiating with having been linked with for a while etc etc

Hey, but keep making things up as you go ...... you're not alone

;D

Or maybe you just don't have a mind of your own .....

Maybe you would like to tell us how many clubs managed to sign their first choice, quality players during this transfer window ? I take it that you are saying anyone who doesn't do this is shite  ;D

12 months later under Mort...

You won't convince me that Keegan wouldn't have loved to have had someone like Bentley signed for Newcastle if they had been prepared to back him. If we are relegated, we will lose far more than paying what it would take to get Bentley from Blackburn. This is just an example. The only way forward is to bring in quality footballers, and pay the going rate if necessary.

If Newcastle United can't buy the best players from a club like Blackburn, how exactly is the club being run ?

Are you not going to comment on this then, NE5?

Why has your opinion changed on a near identical situation in the space of 12 months?

Oops! :razz:

I'm worried about relegation too, similar to how I was worried last season and the season before at different points.

I don't think we'll go down though, I also think we'll spend more this Summer if we stay up than we have in any transfer window previously.

So you're happy with our downward spiral then Dave ? Or do you think we should save some money, accept relegation and wait for all these new Gazza's to come out of the new scouting policy

So you're happy with our downward spiral then Dave ? Or do you think we should save some money, accept relegation and wait for all these new Gazza's to come out of the new scouting policy

:lol:

Just...don't know where to start with that one. :laugh:

I don't disagree, but a boards obligation is to back their managers, then it becomes the managers responsibility.

Current situation is that we are in the s*** and sliding due to poor buys in the summer, some in an average price bracket, the rest cheapo's. This tells its own story, especially when Allardyce was talking about lack of support. Why, when he paid the rate for a striker like Anelka for a club like Bolton [including the wages] did he not see fit to go even go to that level at a club like Newcastle .?

Whatever the reason, we are in a relegation scrap because of it, and the transfer window has passed without the addition of a single and badly needed player and a boost.

Mort said before the deadline if we brought in any players it would be young ones for the future. What sort of bollocks is that when you are looking at a relegation struggle ?

I know we are in the crud & morale is sinking fast amongst the ranks. But I remember walking to the ground on the last game of last season & the amount of people saying the were not going to be renewing the rot has been on the go for a while in the stands & on the pitch.

As for backing, we are in unknown  waters at the moment moving from a PLC to being 100% owned by an individual. Has Ashley took a step back for the rest of this financial year after spunking money to buy the club, paying off loans, spunking cash on getting Sams backroom in, the paying Sam off, giving some of the backroom the heave-ho.

It would of been nice to sign or loan player who could of gave the place a lift. A playmaker like D'Alessandro would of at least been a player that could of got people off there seats when he got the ball. Apart from when Charlie gets the ball not many of our players excite me when they get the ball.

neither did I when you appeared to agree with the comment you quoted

That's even worse than I first thought, Ashley and Mort have been screwing the club for longer than any of us could have known, pack of bastards.

Well you've defended the downword spiral at the club from 2004 to 2007, why has your opinion changed?

That was the first thing I thought when reading Dave's post.   :rolleyes:

neither did I when you appeared to agree with the comment you quoted

It appears to spoil your argument, does it not? Is that not why you've completely glossed over it and instead started your mindreading act on me again?

I see it more of an admission that s*** managers with lots of money are still s*** managers.

I know you watch you Soccer Saturday but as they said we could be saved by other clubs being shiter than us.

i wonder if NE5  was calling for the head of fat fred in 03-04 and 04-05 for the pathetic level of backing he gave then ?

I wonder even more if things turn round by the summer, we spend big and start heading in the right direction next season, whether NE5 will be big enough to say "you lads were right to wait to see how things panned out, rather than dumping a skip-load of turd over the new regime at the first possible opportunity"

I won't hold my breath though.

i wonder if NE5  was calling for the head of fat fred in 03-04 and 04-05 for the pathetic level of backing he gave then ?

no I didn't, because they had proved their ambition many times over and accepted the funds weren't there at the time [no real rocket science here mind] - and I wouldn't be hypocritical enough to have urged them to overspend then criticise for them for overspending ........ like numerous people who every time we lost were out in droves with the "splash the cash greedy fat bastard " etc etc

What I'm saying now is too many buys in the average price bracket - rather than these despicable "trophy signings" - along with cheap buys, coupled with lack of urgency in the recent window, has put us fairly and squarely into a relegation struggle. The first real worrying situation, with a lack of quality in the team and squad - since we got promoted in 1993 in fact.

I wonder even more if things turn round by the summer, we spend big and start heading in the right direction next season, whether NE5 will be big enough to say "you lads were right to wait to see how things panned out, rather than dumping a skip-load of turd over the new regime at the first possible opportunity"

Like I said earlier to you, how long have you supported the club [if you think the last decade has been shite]  - have you replied BTW ? - I haven't supported this club for over 40 years and wanted them to fail [what a daft idea], I admire your optimism which I have had for all these years myself, but not your grasp of reality of the current situation

So did Wigan, Portsmouth, Reading, Birmingham & Bolton by the looks of it. :dontknow:

So, to clarify. The club had spent a lot of money backing its managers, showed its ambition then needed a short time to balance the books, yet you criticise them for running up "debts" and also criticise them for taking this short time to try and balance the books instead of running up further debts ?

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You may be pleased at the lack of activity leading to this relegation fight BTW, you're certainly defending it.  What will you say if we end up in the league the Halls and Shepherd got us out of all those years ago, as soon as they have gone, I wonder.

One day you might actually enlighten us as to why you despise so much the only board we've had for 50 years who tried to capitalise on the fanbase

Like I said earlier to you, how long have you supported the club [if you think the last decade has been shite]  - have you replied BTW ? - I haven't supported this club for over 40 years and wanted them to fail [what a daft idea], I admire your optimism which I have had for all these years myself, but not your grasp of reality of the current situation

I was here before Keegan if that answers your question, soo I've seen my share of incompetents in charge at Newcastle. Can't you recognise a sensible viewpoint without needing to check how long someone's supported the club? It doesn't seem so because just like you drag Fat Fred into every thread, you are always questioning everyone's opinion according to their age. Does it not occur to you that a thick twat could still be a thick twat even if he'd watched the town for 30 years?