Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

Allardyce couldn't beat top-table sides, he couldn't beat mid-table fodder, he lost to relegation candidates, and failed to beat Premiership promotion candidates. We sit 11th in the table, with trips to pretty much all the big four and a tougher line up than most... How close would Allardyce have to take us to the relegation battle before his sacking was necessary would you say Parky?

We wouldn't have been relegated or been close to it this season. There are too many hopeless sides below us. We're 11th ffs!!

People don't need the to create a spectre of relegation to justify this and if they do then it shows we are collectively grasping at straws to make ourselves feel better at what we clearly see as fundamental failure of judgement.

Part of the longer term problem now will be is that it is clear that that the role of the owner is too blurred with the safety net of an independant thinking chairman.

Regardless of how Redknapp performs I see no due dilligence in this.

We're 11th and 9 points above the relegation zone, out of the 10 teams above us we still have to play away to 7 of them, I don't think we would have got relegated but I could of seen us finishing the season than less points than we did under Roeder, Allardyce had lost the fans and was blaming the players, his time at Newcastle was over yet people were still demanding that he gets backed with money in January.

Perhaps the people who thought we could attract the likes of Mourinho have just had a long overdue reality check.

It's hilarious that you don't admit that given time and due dilligence we can't attract a quality manager.

like who ?

Surely a question for Mashley?

which he's answered with redknapp.

his view will be he's always done ok with limited resources and played good attractive attacking football...what can he do with extra resources but not the sort of resources that could attract the glitterati of the mangerial world

So a Billionaire takes over a club and starts looking for a manager ''that has done ok''?  What's wrong with this picture?

Quality managers normally only need two things a promised transfer fund the like the look of and a rock and roll wage packet. All the other stuff people babble about on here is cack.

and thats as i've pointed out (re wages and transfer kitty). it looks like we wont get the abramovic style spending but if you want you can slag ashley off for not spending all his money on what you want him to.

(with no football background and scant knowledge)

name one owner/chairman with more knowledege than ours?

I suggest you take a look at the long and hard road of persuasion and scrabbling about in the undergrowth and time spent when Levy (with advice) decided on Ramos.

This is not a pop quizz.

Allardyce couldn't beat top-table sides, he couldn't beat mid-table fodder, he lost to relegation candidates, and failed to beat Premiership promotion candidates. We sit 11th in the table, with trips to pretty much all the big four and a tougher line up than most... How close would Allardyce have to take us to the relegation battle before his sacking was necessary would you say Parky?

We wouldn't have been relegated or been close to it this season. There are too many hopeless sides below us. We're 11th ffs!!

People don't need the to create a spectre of relegation to justify this and if they do then it shows we are collectively grasping at straws to make ourselves feel better at what we clearly see as fundamental failure of judgement.

Part of the longer term problem now will be is that it is clear that that the role of the owner is too blurred with the safety net of an independant thinking chairman.

We're 11th and 9 points above the relegation zone, out of the 10 teams above us we still have to play away to 7 of them, I don't think we would have got relegated but I could of seen us finishing the season than less points than we did under Roeder, Allardyce had lost the fans and was blaming the players, his time at Newcastle was over yet people were still demanding that he gets backed with money in January.

Perhaps the people who thought we could attract the likes of Mourinho have just had a long overdue reality check.

It's hilarious that you don't admit that given time and due dilligence we can't attract a quality manager.

like who ?

his view will be he's always done ok with limited resources and played good attractive attacking football...what can he do with extra resources but not the sort of resources that could attract the glitterati of the mangerial world

So a Billionaire takes over a club and starts looking for a manager ''that has done ok''?  What's wrong with this picture?

Quality managers normally only need two things a promised transfer fund the like the look of and a rock and roll wage packet. All the other stuff people babble about on here is cack.

and thats as i've pointed out (re wages and transfer kitty). it looks like we wont get the abramovic style spending but if you want you can slag ashley off for not spending all his money on what you want him to.

Is it too much to ask to change managers in the summer and carry out due dilligence regarding such an important role?

I thought these were the uber 'INTERNAL REVIEW' boys we were dealing with? No?

like who ?

Is it too much to ask to change managers in the summer and carry out due dilligence regarding such an important role?

that was where my idea of a caretaker came in as allardyce had to go (i'm not as convinced about our final placing as you were) but ashley reckons he knows better.

my guess and it is only a guess is that we will be better funded than all the clubs outside the top 4, that wouldn't have got a top international manager so ashleys believs he has got the best of the rest

like who ?

Parky, with all respect, what knowledge do you have about any due dilligence being carried out at NUFC? You know the same as us, we've just been watching sky sports news! The football club does not share details on the board's weekly review meeting!

You talk about business rules. This is football man, the lines between procedure, standard process, luck, cunning, dodgy dealing, bungs are blurred... put it differently, they are in one big melting pot.

There is no SOP for signing a player or hiring a new manager in that game, if only it were that simple, no one would make any mistakes! We have no clue about what is going on behind the scenes, so to make judgement that this has been a failure before we have even hired a new manager or played our next match is a little short sighted in my opinion....

Guest Toon Barmy

like who ?

I think we are going down the wrong route if you and other fans are going to start to slate the owner and chairman.  They have their reasons, they see this season as a write off NOW, no legue cup, mid table and slim chance of FA cup progression.  So if you make the change NOW, you give the club an extra 6 months head start on next season.

like who ?

Parky, with all respect, what knowledge do you have about any due dilligence being carried out at NUFC? You know the same as us, we've just been watching sky sports news! The football club does not share details on the board's weekly review meeting!

You talk about business rules. This is football man, the lines between procedure, standard process, luck, cunning, dodgy dealing, bungs are blurred... put it differently, they are in one big melting pot.

There is no SOP for signing a player or hiring a new manager in that game, if only it were that simple, no one would make any mistakes! We have no clue about what is going on behind the scenes, so to make judgement that this has been a failure before we have even hired a new manager or played our next match is a little short sighted in my opinion....

I will be as relieved as you if what emerges from this farce is a good result regarding the manager and the process.

like who ?

I think we are going down the wrong route if you and other fans are going to start to slate the owner and chairman.  They have their reasons, they see this season as a write off NOW, no legue cup, mid table and slim chance of FA cup progression.  So if you make the change NOW, you give the club an extra 6 months head start on next season.

I agree uptill this point there was no real reason to criticise Mashley...But I don't like what I'm seeing and I' saying that.

Now if Harry does come in we need to back him and back Ashley & Mort,Ashley has came in and put nearly 250 million of his own cash in to save this club so the least we can do is get behind him instead of slagging him off saying he is making a wrong decision.

Now if Harry does come in we need to back him and back Ashley & Mort,Ashley has came in and put nearly 250 million of his own cash in to save this club so the least we can do is get behind him instead of slagging him off saying he is making a wrong decision.

I have to agree.

Guest philinho

This is the most ridiculous thread ever - at least give them a chance to put someone in SA's place before you call this a failure - FFS. It's this short-sighted mentality that makes the majority of us fans look like thick idiots.

Like someone said earlier, no one truly knows what goes on behind the scenes - how do we not know that Ashley and Mort have been woo'ing potential managers for the past several months and been agreeing deals etc?

The fat lady hasn't sung yet, and the Parkster will soon change his choon when Fat Mike starts hoying his cash around.

I believe in Paul Kelmsley.

:laugh:

I have so many counter strikes prepared and ready to go on the launch pad Mashleees head will be spinning if he gets this wrong.

I am ready to bend all know realities.  :razz:

This is the most ridiculous thread ever - at least give them a chance to put someone in SA's place before you call this a failure - FFS. It's this short-sighted mentality that makes the majority of us fans look like thick idiots.

Like someone said earlier, no one truly knows what goes on behind the scenes - how do we not know that Ashley and Mort have been woo'ing potential managers for the past several months and been agreeing deals etc?

Are you talking to me?

*Parky stands looking in mirror with mohican and a Smith and Wesson*

I'm going to reserve judgement until the new manager (Redknapp?) is officially appointed, until then I don't think it's possible to really say they have failed.

Unless they pull a 'big rabbit' out of the hat this fiasco is an abject failure of reason, common sense and sorely lacks any clear judgement. It smacks of a child who can't wait till christmas day to open his presents.

And if they bring in the new manager who then spends £20 to £30 million on top quality players and drives us up the league (say 8th) putting us in a far better position to attract further players in the summer?  Will you still consider it a failure then?

I'm going to reserve judgement until the new manager (Redknapp?) is officially appointed, until then I don't think it's possible to really say they have failed.

Unless they pull a 'big rabbit' out of the hat this fiasco is an abject failure of reason, common sense and sorely lacks any clear judgement. It smacks of a child who can't wait till christmas day to open his presents.

And if they bring in the new manager who then spends £20 to £30 million on top quality players and drives us up the league (say 8th) putting us in a far better position to attract further players in the summer?  Will you still consider it a failure then?

Yes.

The only reason for this fiasco is that we might have netted a top rated coach. If not then it is a failure on all counts.

Yes.

But waiting until the end of the season to sack Allardyce (when we'd no doubt finish between 13th and 15th) would be a success??  How can being in a much worse position be considered success and being in a much better position failure?  :frantic:

Yes.

But waiting until the end of the season to sack Allardyce (when we'd no doubt finish between 13th and 15th) would be a success??  :crazy2:

I'm having to accept a lot of assumptions on your part here.

Yes.

But waiting until the end of the season to sack Allardyce (when we'd no doubt finish between 13th and 15th) would be a success??  :crazy2:

Well obviously the first assumpion has to be accepted as part of my question.  The second, well we're 11th after by far the easiest half of the season, now comes the much more difficult half..

Yes.

Well obviously the first assumpion has to be accepted as part of my question.  The second, what's not easy to accept there?  We're 11th after by far the easiest half of the season, now comes the much more difficult half..

I don't deal in assumptions.

This fiasco could only have been substansiated if indeed a high quality coach had been secured. To say we had to do it cause this might have happenned or that or whatever is pointless. We're 11th and actually we had produced 2 or our best footballing performcances (Arsenal and Chelsea) recently. I could easily assume we would start picking up points again. That isn't the debate here.

Yes.

Well obviously the first assumpion has to be accepted as part of my question.  The second, what's not easy to accept there?  We're 11th after by far the easiest half of the season, now comes the much more difficult half..

I don't deal in assumptions.

This fiasco could only have been substansiated if indeed a high quality coach had been secured. To say we had to do it cause this might have happenned or that or whatever is pointless. We're 11th and actually we had produced 2 or our best footballing performcances (Arsenal and Chelsea) recently. I could easily assume we would start picking up points again. That isn't the debate here.

which high class coach would come in if we didnt have the transfer kitty he wanted.

parky what you are saying is "thanks mike for paying off the debt  etc . but i'm a greedy git who wants you to spend a load more to please me"