The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Any scorn in the press about those fickle Villa fans booing their team first game of the season and some calling for Martin O'Neill's head?  You know, stuff like how they've got a vastly inflated opinion of their team, they're never happy, they boo and protest at the drop of a hat?

Any scorn in the press about those fickle Villa fans booing their team first game of the season and some calling for Martin O'Neill's head?  You know, stuff like how they've got a vastly inflated opinion of their team, they're never happy, they boo and protest at the drop of a hat?

Smaller crowd than us too but we will be the ones staying away not them.

Guest Phil K

Not a f******g word - but then they aren't Newcastle...the team who "aren't a big club, but we talk about them as much as Man U and Liverpool"

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/09/18/louisetaylor.jpg

If ever there was a face that cried out to be put on a dartboard.....

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/simon-bird/Why-it-s-still-too-early-for-the-Toon-Army-to-be-feeling-good-about-life-in-the-Championship-article118969.html

Not even allowed one day to be happy apparently. Like we thought the bloody good times were back off one result, 'kin hell.

One last thought. Stories were run last week revelling in the fact that Newcastle would have 15-20,000 empty seats for their first home game. I’d prefer to point out that it is a minor miracle that 37,000 still feel strongly enough in adversity, to turn up.

True Faith. True fans. Yet still some idiots argue that the men and women who sit in the stand at St James’s Park are the ones to blame for the club’s plight, because of unrealistic expectations.

Howay, don't think we can place that article in the toon-hating media conspiracy catagory :lol:

Guest Phil K

The one I remember I still get angry about even now.

The BBC after Ferdinand's late equalizer in the FA Cup (that crap Barnsley ref Barnes made sure Chelsea got through in the replay) and the angry long faces of Jimmy Hill and Hansen who both acted as if some islamic fanatic football team had got a late equalizer against a team of Chelsea saintly nuns.

The petulant ranting - "Newcastle were outclassed, thats why our man of the match was the Chelsea centre half !" brought about waves of furious anger from Newcastle fans - they even deliberately restricted Newcastle fans on 606 to give other fans a chance - hansen tried to wriggle out of it a bit later, but that turd Hill....well, you know how biased Dick Dastardly is anyway.

The weeks following showed several more occasions where they hurriedly tried to hide their bias - v. Boro - late winner from Ferdie at Smog centre - Barry Davies "OH NO !!! Er...I mean Oh no from Middlesboro's point of view...er ...yes"  :rolleyes:

Anyone else got other examples ?  :tickedoff:

The one I remember I still get angry about even now.

The BBC after Ferdinand's late equalizer in the FA Cup (that crap Barnsley ref Barnes made sure Chelsea got through in the replay) and the angry long faces of Jimmy Hill and Hansen who both acted as if some islamic fanatic football team had got a late equalizer against a team of Chelsea saintly nuns.

The petulant ranting - "Newcastle were outclassed, thats why our man of the match was the Chelsea centre half !" brought about waves of furious anger from Newcastle fans - they even deliberately restricted Newcastle fans on 606 to give other fans a chance - hansen tried to wriggle out of it a bit later, but that turd Hill....well, you know how biased Dick Dastardly is anyway.

The weeks following showed several more occasions where they hurriedly tried to hide their bias - v. Boro - late winner from Ferdie at Smog centre - Barry Davies "OH NO !!! Er...I mean Oh no from Middlesboro's point of view...er ...yes"  :rolleyes:

Anyone else got other examples ?  :tickedoff:

Yeah total w@nkers, when we got beat of arsenal 2-0 when we were goijg for title, i watched it a local and tino had a few chanceas as well as a couple of other players.

Got home and the BBC were doing the match round up ground by ground after 5pm, the guy said we offered nothing BLAH BLAH.

wtf !

The media twist things, well i never.

Guest Phil K

Personally, I thought it a baffling bit of moderating.

A different view of people's own examples of the bias.

Moderating for the sake of moderating.

Where next ? Every mention of Bobby Robson put in the ONE subject ?

Every reference to Championship games put in the v Reading one ?

Personally, I thought it a baffling bit of moderating.

A different view of people's own examples of the bias.

Moderating for the sake of moderating.

Where next ? Every mention of Bobby Robson put in the ONE subject ?

Every reference to Championship games put in the v Reading one ?

Don't know what you're whinging about: it's exactly the same fucking subject, tbh.

The media regularly manipulate things to suit whatever strategy or needs they want to pursue. Of course Newcastle get some unfair publicity but the media want headlines. Guess where they're gonna go for it? A club that makes a lot of headlines. And from then, other smaller stories will be inevitably blown out of proportion.

Guest Phil K

Don't know what you're whinging about: it's exactly the same f***ing subject, tbh.

With that comment you show just why you post such sh*te .

:lol:

You crack me up, mate.

Somebody should. Sledge hammer maybe ?

The media regularly manipulate things to suit whatever strategy or needs they want to pursue. Of course Newcastle get some unfair publicity but the media want headlines. Guess where they're gonna go for it? A club that makes a lot of headlines. And from then, other smaller stories will be inevitably blown out of proportion.

What, like constantly (and I MEAN constantly) coming up with attacks on fans, club and even the f****** city ?

That's not paranoia, pal - thats reacting to unfair and scandalous attacks.

Even Leeds never got the level of media attacks we got and GET.

I do get the impression after the start and the fans faith shown that the media are regrouping wondering what they can get at us for now - the fans have proved them MASSIVELY wrong.

Don't know what you're whinging about: it's exactly the same f***ing subject, tbh.

With that comment you show just why you post such sh*te .

Well, we can't all attain the high standards you set.

Guest Phil K

Clearly.

Here's the thing though - not across the board, and if it does for certain clubs - the trophy-a-season kind, it's rarely negative.

The Barton affair - did Newcastle get the treatment in the rags ? Bloody right it did. The Gerrard affair - did Liverpool get it ? DID THEY HELL.

Clearly.

Here's the thing though - not across the board, and if it does for certain clubs - the trophy-a-season kind, it's rarely negative.

The Barton affair - did Newcastle get the treatment in the rags ? Bloody right it did. The Gerrard affair - did Liverpool get it ? DID THEY HELL.

I agree but Barton has previous.

Guest gjohnson

As the Newcastle takeover saga stumbles on the Toon Army provided the most tangible evidence yet of why the club is worth buying- even at £100 million.

In the space of of just four days more than 80,000 fans have packed in to St. James' Park to watch a club demoralised by Mike Ashley's disastrous stewardship win Championship games against Reading and Sheffield Wednesday.

The crowd of almost 44,000 for the Owls match was sensational by any standards. It dwarfed Chelsea's crowd for their opening Premier League fixture against Hull and was bigger than neighbours Sunderland's attendance for the visit of Carlo Ancelotti's side to the Stadium of Light three days later.

England's third-best supported club last term have demonstrated in impressive numbers that there is money to be made on Tyneside for a clever investor.

Positive article in the mirror!

Guest Phil K

I agree but Barton has previous.

You obviously forget Houllier's PUBLIC dressing down of Gerrard and the kind of thugs he hung around with then, and clearly still does.

That was a few years ago, and for a man like Houllier to do that, it showed how frustrating and infruriating Gerrard must have been - it only worked inasmuch he kept it out of the rags - but then he was at Liverpool, not Newcastle. BIG difference where the rags are concerned.