The impact of KK...

Guest Knightrider

Turnbull  - "Keegan has had his time and failed" - WTF!!!!!!????

Trying not to get too emotionally involved, if you assess the club at his time as appointment as manager, and the date when he left, I'm sure you will appreciate your own comment is a little bit ridiculous.

He failed at a number of jobs, based on effectively cracking and walking away. Its just the way things are.

Plenty of people would argue against that, and state other reasons for his departures.

If nowt else, least he has the decency to resign, rather than hanging on for a pay-off.

So now he's some kind of brave soldier for walking away, as opposed to a man who couldn't take the pressure and did one??

Once could be discussed. Twice would be very unfortunate.........more than that? You seriously think every departure can be dismissed on its own merits, ignoring the pattern?

Keegan did not fail here last time.

I'm sure the bright successful managers like Hughes and Moyes would love that level of failure

So define his success, here and elsewhere.

I would define success as leaving every club he has been at in a much better position than when he arrived, playing excellent football on the way.

Are you serious! ask Man City fans then.

Trying not to get too emotionally involved, if you assess the club at his time as appointment as manager, and the date when he left, I'm sure you will appreciate your own comment is a little bit ridiculous.

He failed at a number of jobs, based on effectively cracking and walking away. Its just the way things are.

Plenty of people would argue against that, and state other reasons for his departures.

If nowt else, least he has the decency to resign, rather than hanging on for a pay-off.

So now he's some kind of brave soldier for walking away, as opposed to a man who couldn't take the pressure and did one??

Once could be discussed. Twice would be very unfortunate.........more than that? You seriously think every departure can be dismissed on its own merits, ignoring the pattern?

I'm sure the bright successful managers like Hughes and Moyes would love that level of failure

I would define success as leaving every club he has been at in a much better position than when he arrived, playing excellent football on the way.

Are you taking the piss?

He got City promoted playing some of the best football their fans had seen in decades and established them as Premier League side. Fair enough, it tailed off towards the end but do you actually know any Man City fans.

Like I said, he left the club in a far better position than when he arrived.

Are you taking the piss?

He got City promoted playing some of the best football their fans had seen in decades and established them as Premier League side. Fair enough, it tailed off towards the end but do you actually know any Man City fans.

Apart from the fact they had to start again, as he'd left no legacy at all to speak of.

this whole success malarky.  I think a general point that can be made is that we've appointed a man whos success includes 2 2nd places in the Premier League.

When we could have approached a World Cup winner and a FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup, Supercup, Community Shield winner to name but 2 people (Lippi and Houllier) and also van Gaals long list of success, I can't help but feel a little let down.

This.

Plus, those 2nd places were how long ago?

exactly.  He has one hell of a task on his hands.  Expectations are going to be waaaay too high.  The majority of people (not necessarily those on here) are going to expect him to get us in a similar position to where he left us.  I'm not saying all Keegan-backers are like this, but I guarentee there will be some.

And this attacking football business, if we honestly try to play like we did 11 years ago, we're facing relegation.

The Arsenal team of 2008 would have totally raped the Newcastle team of 1996.

Are you taking the piss?

Apart from the fact they had to start again, as he'd left no legacy at all to speak of.

Dunne,Distin,Wright-Phillips,Anelka,David James.They had some good players-certainly better than the ones that were there on his arrival.

this whole success malarky.  I think a general point that can be made is that we've appointed a man whos success includes 2 2nd places in the Premier League.

When we could have approached a World Cup winner and a FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup, Supercup, Community Shield winner to name but 2 people (Lippi and Houllier) and also van Gaals long list of success, I can't help but feel a little let down.

This.

exactly.  He has one hell of a task on his hands.  Expectations are going to be waaaay too high.  The majority of people (not necessarily those on here) are going to expect him to get us in a similar position to where he left us.  I'm not saying all Keegan-backers are like this, but I guarentee there will be some.

And this attacking football business, if we honestly try to play like we did 11 years ago, we're facing relegation.

Magic has its own force.

Dreams win prizes.

Are you taking the piss?

So even though you're forgotten about some of the good youth he brought through there, were Man City in a better position before or after Keegan's arrival?

One word answer please.

this whole success malarky.  I think a general point that can be made is that we've appointed a man whos success includes 2 2nd places in the Premier League.

This.

exactly.  He has one hell of a task on his hands.  Expectations are going to be waaaay too high.  The majority of people (not necessarily those on here) are going to expect him to get us in a similar position to where he left us.  I'm not saying all Keegan-backers are like this, but I guarentee there will be some.

Couldn't beat Birmingham last week. Seriously doubt it.

You'd think some people on here want Keegan to fail, so they can tell us they told us so.

this whole success malarky.  I think a general point that can be made is that we've appointed a man whos success includes 2 2nd places in the Premier League.

This.

exactly.  He has one hell of a task on his hands.  Expectations are going to be waaaay too high.  The majority of people (not necessarily those on here) are going to expect him to get us in a similar position to where he left us.  I'm not saying all Keegan-backers are like this, but I guarentee there will be some.

You'd think some people on here want Keegan to fail, so they can tell us they told us so.

The Birmingham team of last week had a better defence than 1996 NUFC.

Darren fucking Peacock ffs.

This.

Let them worry about us for a change.

Def footie is now passe in the PL elite anyway bar Liverpool and it's got them nowhere.

This.

if birmingham city conceed less than 37 goals this season i will eat my own arse

This.

That is utter bollocks to be fair.

This.

what a load of cock.

This.

Darren f****** Peacock ffs.

if birmingham city conceed less than 37 goals this season i will eat my own arse

Ok Ok right you lot win.

Sorry for being a bit edgy on all of it.

This.

Darren f****** Peacock ffs.

Utterly clueless.

:lol:  I think that team would give arsenal one hell of a game!

2-2 Ferdinand with both our goals

Define his success. Well, when he became manager of the Toon 1st time around, we were nose diving towards the old 3rd division. He won us promotion in his 1st full season, got us into europe the following. Don't think we finished outside the top 6 throughout his reign.

Don't think we'd be in the premier league now if he hadn't of came in. We certainly wouldn't have been an established premier league side.

We're Sorry All Our Servers Are Busy. Our on-line sales system is very busy right now, but we will be able to take your ticket booking(s) shortly. Please try again in a few minutes.

Huge numbers of people outside SJP, cars beeping their horns all over the place, me jumping around the house singing "Keegan wonderland", my phone going every 2 minutes, me frantically trying to get tickets. Madness.

No other man could generate this kind of buzz and for those who have never experienced this buzz, let me tell you when KK was here first time as manager, it was as special as the football we played. I actually feel sorry for those who won't be in the city during all this.

Tonight we would have been lucky to get 25.000 through the door, tonight you will do well to get a ticket. That's what adding KK's name to NUFC does, it's the differance between a half empty stadium or a full one. It's the difference between KK and every other manager we've had. He's special and I am fucking delighted he's back. Aye aye it's daft and probably wrong, but I don't give a fuck what other fans think, what the media think or a stuff about logic and reason. I am sitting at my desk with the hairs on the back of my neck tingling.

Welcome back King Kev.  :clap2:

Well heres my night tonight - I stood in disbelief at the news when my mate told me Keegan was back, I refused to belief him and we all sat there going:

>Holy shit man........he's back!......well what should we do, I don't know what to do with myself now, do you?

-No way, fucking hell lets go for a drink or something!!

>Ok, well lets go out to a local (i'm studying in mackemville)

-Fuck that, this place will have the least buzz about it imaginable at this news, lets get on the metro to St.James and hang outside of the stadium for a laugh like those mongs you see on SSN and see if theres much going on eh?

>Aye, then go to a pub after if we get bored...

*Gets on Metro, get off and actually run to the Stadium haha....notice loads of toon fans sprinting there too, get there.........fucking hell!*

It was bedlam outside the ground so we walked around and thought maybe we'd take it all in but then realised tickets were suddenly going like hotcakes!

So we queued up for 20 mins, got in and the general atomosphere was great, lots of smiles and talk of the man himself. I suddenly became 10 years younger......GREAT night

Guest smarty2006

We're Sorry All Our Servers Are Busy. Our on-line sales system is very busy right now, but we will be able to take your ticket booking(s) shortly. Please try again in a few minutes.

Huge numbers of people outside SJP, cars beeping their horns all over the place, me jumping around the house singing "Keegan wonderland", my phone going every 2 minutes, me frantically trying to get tickets. Madness.

No other man could generate this kind of buzz and for those who have never experienced this buzz, let me tell you when KK was here first time as manager, it was as special as the football we played. I actually feel sorry for those who won't be in the city during all this.

Tonight we would have been lucky to get 25.000 through the door, tonight you will do well to get a ticket. That's what adding KK's name to NUFC does, it's the differance between a half empty stadium or a full one. It's the difference between KK and every other manager we've had. He's special and I am f****** delighted he's back. Aye aye it's daft and probably wrong, but I don't give a f*** what other fans think, what the media think or a stuff about logic and reason. I am sitting at my desk with the hairs on the back of my neck tingling.

Welcome back King Kev.  :clap2:

Well heres my night tonight - I stood in disbelief at the news when my mate told me Keegan was back, I refused to belief him and we all sat there going:

>Holy s*** man........he's back!......well what should we do, I don't know what to do with myself now, do you?

-No way, f****** hell lets go for a drink or something!!

>Ok, well lets go out to a local (i'm studying in mackemville)

-f*** that, this place will have the least buzz about it imaginable at this news, lets get on the metro to St.James and hang outside of the stadium for a laugh like those mongs you see on SSN and see if theres much going on eh?

>Aye, then go to a pub after if we get bored...

*Gets on Metro, get off and actually run to the Stadium haha....notice loads of toon fans sprinting there too, get there.........f****** hell!*

It was bedlam outside the ground so we walked around and thought maybe we'd take it all in but then realised tickets were suddenly going like hotcakes!

So we queued up for 20 mins, got in and the general atomosphere was great, lots of smiles and talk of the man himself. I suddenly became 10 years younger......GREAT night

I am jealous man, wish I could be there:(  I am thousands of miles away..half cut now on a school night... there in spirit though: :smitten:

Been really strange for me. Last night (tuesday) was the first time in ages i've dreamt about football. A really weird vivid one about empty stands at SJP  :lol: Seriously  :lol:

Cant help thinking it was a horrible premonition :undecided: Obviously means nothing as i've been saying to myself that weds would be the day since they announced Sam left, which was clearly just a lucky guess (you'd expect a decision within a week at this stage of the season though).

As soon as it was announced, i fucked off to the pub to watch SSN and drink myself silly. I think i'm still in shock tbh as this is so transparent and simple minded it beggars belief.

Emotional tides recede after they have risen. Underneath the football is still the same.