Keegan's best quotes

Ridman

Dunno if this has been posted, but I think it deserves a thread:

*  "They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Heighway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why - it's because he's a bit different."

* "Despite his white boots, he has real pace... "

* "You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw... "

* "He can't speak Turkey, but you can tell he's delighted. "

* "There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. "

* "...using his strength. And that is his strength, his strength. "

* "Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice. "

* "I'm not disappointed - just disappointed. "

* "The tide is very much in our court now. "

* "Chile have three options - they could win or they could lose. "

* "That would have been a goal if it wasn't saved. "

* "I came to Nantes two years ago and it's much the same today, except that it's totally different. "

* "A tremendous strike which hit the defender full on the arm - and it nearly came off. "

* "The good news for Nigeria is that they're two-nil down very early in the game."

* "The substitute is about to come on - he's a player who was left out of the starting line-up today. "

* "That decision, for me, was almost certainly definitely wrong. "

* "I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon. "

* "Hungary is very similar to Bulgaria. I know they're different countries... "

* "In some ways, cramp is worse than having a broken leg. "

* "The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful. "

* "England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's fans are second-to-none. "

* "It's understandable that people are keeping one eye on the pot and another up the chimney. "

* "I'd love to be a mole on the wall in the Liverpool dressing room at half-time. "

* "It could be far worse for me if it was easy for me. "

* "Discipline is not only very important, it's crucial. "

* "Young Gareth Barry - he's young. "

* "Argentina won't be at Euro 2000 because they're from South America. "

* "They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that."

* "You don't get two chances at this level, or at any other level for that matter."

* "You're not just getting international football, you're getting world football."

* "Kanu, a guy with a heart as big as he is."

* "Luis Figo is totally different to David Beckham, and vice versa."

* "Football's always easier when you've got the ball."

* "They don't come every three days, like they come after this one."

* "I want more from David Beckham. I want him to improve on perfection."

* "The tide is very much in our court now."

* "There's a slight doubt about only one player, and that's Tony Adams, who definitely won't be playing tomorrow."

* "We have spent three matches chasing a football."

* "It's no longer an 11 man game."

* "The Germans only have one player under 22, and he's 23."

* "For some it's the ultimate job, for the others it's the last job."

* "I've had an interest in racing all my life, or longer really."

* "We managed to wrong a few rights."

* "We are three games without defeat is another way of looking at it. But if we are honest we have taken two points from nine."

* "He'll also be very dangerous from set-pieces. That means he'll be a threat from free-kicks and corners in the final third of the field."

* "Danny Tiatto is not going to make a mistake on purpose."

* "I'll never play at Wembley again, unless I play at Wembley again."

* "You need 88 points for the title and we've got 61 at present with 16 games to go, but if you set targets you limit yourself."

* "We deserved to win this game after hammering them 0-0 in the first half."

* "He's got a heart as big as his size, which isn't big, but his heart's bigger than that'

* "Well, if that's true then it would be a big surprise, but then nothing surprises me in football these days."

* "You get bunches of players like you do bananas, though that is a bad comparison."

* "Not many teams will come to Arsenal and get anything, home or away."

* "Nicolas Anelka left Arsenal for £23million and they built a training ground on him."

* "As far as I'm concerned, Danny Tiatto doesn't exist."

* "One team with destiny already decided..."

* "Maine Road was a great football stadium but as time moved on it stayed where it is...."

:lol:

"They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that."

"The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful."

"You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw... "

:lol: at those in particular.

not a Keegan quote but this was a comical one from Chris Kamara at the weekend for his live appraisal of Benjani Mwaruwari's performance against Derby.

"It's back to the old Benjani, shooting from 35-yards and hitting the corner flag," surmised Kamara - before the striker slotted an ice-cool hat-trick to see off Derby to the tune of 3-1.

:D