Knew they'd find Tino (Not Safe For Work)

BONTEMPI

Tino hails Keegan return

Jan 18 2008 by Adam Jupp, Evening Chronicle

TINO ASPRILLA today urged the Toon Army to raise the roof as he hailed the return of king Kevin Keegan.

The South American star was one of Keegan’s top signings when he came to Tyneside in 1996.

And in an exclusive interview with the Chronicle, he backed his former boss to bring the glory days back to St James’s Park.

From his Colombian home, Tino, now 38, said: “Keegan is a great manager. He is the best manager I ever met and worked for during my career in Europe.

“All my memories of Keegan are very good ones. He told me I was one of the best footballers in the world at that time and I was impressed to hear that because he was highly thought of as a manager.

“I am not surprised he has come back. This is great news for Newcastle United and for the city that he has come back home. I think he will do a good job. I hope he will be as successful as he was before with Newcastle.

“He has been good for the club in the past and I hope the whole city will get behind him like they used to.”

Tino was signed from Italian side Parma for £6.7m and made an instant impact, coming on as a substitute in his debut away to Middlesbrough and setting up Steve Watson’s equaliser.

After the game, Keegan famously said: “By the end he was knackered-o. I think that’s the Spanish for it.”

Tino went on to be a cult figure among the Toon Army and became just as famous for his back-flip celebration.

He made 54 appearances for the club, scoring 12 goals, including a sensational hat-trick at home against Barcelona in the Champions League.

The Chronicle tracked Tino down at his home in Cali, Colombia, where he has been living since retiring from footballing.

He gave us a special message to pass on to Keegan and said he would love to get back in touch with him. He said: “I haven’t seen him since I left Newcastle and I can’t remember when I spoke to him last.

“I wish him very, very good luck and if I had to send a message to him I would say ‘God bless’. I would like to come back to help him as his No 2.

“If not, I have got my football boots polished.”

He added: “My best memory of my time on Tyneside was our last game in the league when we knew we had finished second in the table and qualified for the Champions League.

“I have excellent memories of the two years I was in Newcastle. We were fighting for the Premier League championship against Manchester Untied and there was that incredible game against Barcelona that we all remember.

“I loved my time in the city and the people were great and I would love to come back again because I still have close friends over there.

“I know the fans love football and the team and if they can create the same atmosphere as they did when Keegan was here last time, hopefully he can be as much of a success.”

Tino was sold back to Parma for £6m by Kenny Dalglish. He nearly made a comeback to the English game when he came close to signing for Darlington in 2002. Recently, he has been modeling for male magazines in Colombia.

he has been modeling for male magazines in Colombia

Sounds a bit  :hom:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1257/1490630124_abd29c1c2e.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1077/1490630242_2e31463781.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1363/1489772647_dabea0bef6.jpg

Guest nufc 4 life

:lol: yeah but you didn't get a picture of his bum  O0

I can go one better.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7717/asprilyk5.png

you disgust me :lol: