Berbatov

Guest sicko2ndbest

Watching a mint Shearer video at the moment tailing his Southampton/Blackburn career. Loads of footage which I haven't actually seen, in particular it all starting to take off his last season at Southampton.

Quick question actually, did anyone actually expect him to take off like he did when he went to Blackburn?

Watching a mint Shearer video at the moment tailing his Southampton/Blackburn career. Loads of footage which I haven't actually seen, in particular it all starting to take off his last season at Southampton.

Quick question actually, did anyone actually expect him to take off like he did when he went to Blackburn?

I can't remember my exact personal view at the time, but he went to Blackburn for what was a British record transfer fee. He'd already established himself.

I can't remember my exact personal view at the time, but he went to Blackburn for a British record transfer fee at the time. He'd already established himself.

Aye I remember about the fee etc

Just at Southampton his record was starting to become better season by season, in particular his last season. Then just how he went on and was practically hitting a goal a game.

It was never in any doubt that he'd take off. He turned down Man U then as well iirc. He wasn't just scoring goals, he was sometimes carrying defenders on his back while he did it :D

Those first 3 seasons at Blackburn were phenomenal. Dalglish took a bit of a chance shelling out £3.6m on him but he knew exactly what he was getting.

Got 2 on his debut at Palace on opening day and never looked back.

Those first 3 seasons at Blackburn were phenomenal. Dalglish took a bit of a chance shelling out £3.6m on him but he knew exactly what he was getting.

Both of those goals were class.

Both of those goals were class.

Both pinged in from about 25 yards iirc. :)

I love the goal he scored when he's one-on-one with Schmeichel (Ewood the year the won the league iirc) and he just wellies it into the roof of the net.

I love the goal he scored when he's one-on-one with Schmeichel (Ewood the year the won the league iirc) and he just wellies it into the roof of the net.

It was magic. No person alive could have reacted quickly enough to get something on that, let alone stop it.

Guest TyneToPlay

Right, after that total sh*te we had last night MA needs to go over to those East End boys and slap £30m+ on the table for Berbatov, take it or leave it. We desperately need some class in the team and he's got to put his money where his mouth is and back KK with a trophy signing like Shearer was first time around. We have to lift the whole club - now or never as after that we just drift down.

Right, after that total sh*te we had last night MA needs to go over to those East End boys and slap £30m+ on the table for Berbatov, take it or leave it. We desperately need some class in the team and he's got to put his money where his mouth is and back KK with a trophy signing like Shearer was first time around. We have to lift the whole club - now or never as after that we just drift down.

Won't happen!

He will not want to come simple as!

If Shearer was here maybe at a stretch but nah he wouldn't come and I can't blame him

If there's a £30m offer on the table, it'll get rejected.  If it was £35m it would get thought about, but Berbatov wouldn't agree to a move to Newcastle in any case.  Man Utd, Real, Barcelona, Milan or Inter, that's about it.

If there's a £30m offer on the table, it'll get rejected.  If it was £35m it would get thought about, but Berbatov wouldn't agree to a move to Newcastle in any case.  Man Utd, Real, Barcelona, Milan or Inter, that's about it.

I wish I could disagree with you but I can't. Maybe if Berbs finally gets rejected by all the top teams next summer he'll start to lower his standards, but until then there's no way he'd come to this shambles.

Every team has their star performers. We will have to Identify the best players from struggling sides and bid for them.

Star players (like Berbatov)at top clubs are looking forward to titles, cup runs and European competition so will be reluctant to move to us in our present predicament.

Relegation would be a disaster for signing anyone. Avoiding that will do nicely this season.

Doug.

I wish I could disagree with you but I can't. Maybe if Berbs finally gets rejected by all the top teams next summer he'll start to lower his standards, but until then there's no way he'd come to this shambles.

I've been told that Berbatov likes very much how Ramos shaping the team and is nowhere so strongly minded about going as he was earlier in the season.  If Spurs can make Europe next season whether it be by league position, Carling Cup or Eufa Cup wins (all big asks I know), I would be pretty confident about him staying no matter who came in for him.  He loves life in England and London in particular.  My concern would be a big bid from Man Utd in the summer, especially if we haven't got European competition to offer.

I know I'm bordering on delusional...and no I don't get into conspircy theories - but my imagination is running wild with Jimenez making a deal a couple months back to the effect: "I get you ramos, u sell to Newcastle berba" and Berbatov is then announced as a surprised signing on the last day to the joy of the Toon Army. Yes...

I know I'm bordering on delusional...and no I don't get into conspircy theories - but my imagination is running wild with Jimenez making a deal a couple months back to the effect: "I get you ramos, u sell to Newcastle berba" and Berbatov is then announced as a surprised signing on the last day to the joy of the Toon Army. Yes...

Bordering on?

What's the video?

What's the video?

It's called Shear Magic.

What's the video?

It's called Shear Magic.

Link? ;)

What's the video?

It's called Shear Magic.

Link? ;)

None I'm afraid, it's an actual video.  :yikes:

Presented by Statto of all people.  :lol:

What's the video?

It's called Shear Magic.

Link? ;)

None I'm afraid, it's an actual video.  :yikes:

Presented by Statto of all people.  :lol:

You mean I'm gonna have to find it myself? :(

Can't you rip it and upload it somewhere for me? :D*

*Delete that if it's a banning offence