hang shepherd in public

Guest redmayne

you couldn't stand Shepherd either. But it isn't your personal feelings that are relevant to how they ran the club and how the club performed, nor is it what I'm asking

One of them took over a club that was already doing badly and made it worse, the other took over the 2nd best club in the Premiership and took it 11 places backwards to leave the club in 13th position while running up over £100 million in debt, Fact.

They both were good as they didn't embarrass us by sitting amongst the fans while wearing a football shirt, it would have been interesting to see them do it. 

:lol:

Like Dougie Hall.

I thought you'd been away so long you'd hung yourself after I discovered the absurd comment highlighted in my signature

What's the sig say, then? "I am a boring, self-important twerp who's unhealthily obsessed with Ozzie even though he hasn't been on here much for the last couple of months"?  :idiot2:

Like Dougie Hall.

I thought you'd been away so long you'd hung yourself after I discovered the absurd comment highlighted in my signature

What's the sig say, then? "I am a boring, self-important twerp who's unhealthily obsessed with Ozzie even though he hasn't been on here much for the last couple of months"?  :idiot2:

no it says that Ozzie Mandiarse attempts to portray that he is a good knowledgeable supporter of the football club who actually thought a player called Stephen Spence played for Newcastle only 10 years ago and laid on a hat trick for Alan Shearer

Shame is, Oz mate, is if you hadn't deliberately set about attempting to wind up people like me, who know about the club, we would never have noticed you.

Like Dougie Hall.

no it says that Ozzie Mandiarse attempts to portray that he is a good knowledgeable supporter of the football club who actually thought a player called Stephen Spence played for Newcastle only 10 years ago and laid on a hat trick for Alan Shearer

Shame is, Oz mate, is if you hadn't deliberately set about attempting to wind up people like me, who know about the club, we would never have noticed you.

I think my suggestion for your sig was better, as that post demonstrates perfectly.

Like Dougie Hall.

I think my suggestion for your sig was better, as that post demonstrates perfectly.

my original suspicion that you were nothing other than a mackem WUM was quite good though, and bit too close for comfort I'd wager ?

you couldn't stand Shepherd either. But it isn't your personal feelings that are relevant to how they ran the club and how the club performed, nor is it what I'm asking

One of them took over a club that was already doing badly and made it worse, the other took over the 2nd best club in the Premiership and took it 11 places backwards to leave the club in 13th position while running up over £100 million in debt, Fact.

They both were good as they didn't embarrass us by sitting amongst the fans while wearing a football shirt, it would have been interesting to see them do it. 

:lol:

ah........you're back to the "one guy who isn't the majority shareholder appoints all the managers all on his own" again.

Shame it wasn't Sir John Hall who chose Keegan, but it was Sir John Hall who as majority shareholder decided to list the club on the stock exchange, and lost him.  Don't suppose you'll accept this though....true to form.

I'm very pleased for you that you also appear to delude yourself that the major shareholders also left it to someone else to be totally responsible for the development of the ground ie the debt you speak of. Of course, by your comments you appear to be assuming that all the other major clubs saved up to pay for their ground improvements, or you think we ought to have done  mackems.gif

ah........you're back to the "one guy who isn't the majority shareholder appoints all the managers all on his own" again.

NE5 you know I am not one who beefs with you for the sake of it. But I thought SJH quit the board & installed Dougie & Alison to look after the families shareholding. Fred Shepherd was Chairman of the football club & Chairman of the PLC board. I am not sure if he would consult personally with SJH,  just like I dont think Northern Rocks Adam Applegarth consulted with Northern Rocks major shareholders on decisions he made. Lets face it Sir John didn't consult with Fred when he was selling up, he new Fred was always buying more shares, yet for some reason never publicly offered the Shepherd boys the chance to buy them.

To be fair I think both were rotten in hindsight, King Kev wont be having dinner with either. The fundemental difference between Sir John & Fred was one was PR dream machine, the other gaffe prone even though his heart was in the right place. Remember folks Sir John never put £££'s in like Ashley it was all loans, some intrest free, others with a cost. It was Cameron Hall Developments that made millions from redevolping the ground & it was Sir John who wanted to move to a new stadium not long after the redevolping work of SJP had been completed. As soon as the new stadium idea did not take off, Sir John was off. Sir John k made a lot more out of Newcastle than Fred did. The Shepherds made/make a few millions out of a warehouse deal, Cameron Hall Developents was kept a float because of Newcastle United. Go figure.

NE5, you are a Keegan fan like any other right minded geordie. You tell me whether leaking Keegan's resignation letters to the scum/press puts the fat b****** on our side or the scum?

What are you on about?

Does the fact that NE5 avoided only this question give you a clue? I can spell it out if you like.

NE5, you are a Keegan fan like any other right minded geordie. You tell me whether leaking Keegan's resignation letters to the scum/press puts the fat b****** on our side or the scum?

What are you on about?

Does the fact that NE5 avoided only this question give you a clue? I can spell it out if you like.

I am sure I read somewhere Fred has these on his bog wall at his Jesmond HQ. Which is not far away from the Corner House pub, it is the house that has a Ranger Rover with S0S1 reg plate  outside it.

I honestly don't know what you're on about, I wouldn’t have asked if I did.

I honestly don't know what you're on about, I wouldn’t have asked if I did.

Ok. The press have been making a big issue of Keegan being a quitter since he got the job. If you were Keegan, or a Newcastle fan, would you appreciate Shepherd suddenly telling the world that Keegan had given him 5 resignation ( resignation = quit) letters during the glory years proving THEM ( the Press) right?

What are you on about?

No. It means that I actually thought the same as Mick ie "wtf are you on about"

Wow, this thread actually generated some serious replies.

haha, come on dave mate, if you put shepherds name on a post the one man fan club will always be in like a shot

not quite. Just the people with a bit of common sense who don't blame him whenever it rains. Look at it as having a broader and more more experienced outlook of the whole thing, or basing "opinion" on facts rather than personalities.

Are you going to dispute the FACT that Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd had the idea of appointing Keegan, and Sir John Hall as the majority shareholder made the decision to go PLC, thus losing him ??

I've said this before, but the sooner people base their "opinions" on fact rather than "he's a fat bastard who ate all the pies" the sooner you will make better judgement.

What are you on about?

read above explanation again  (even though you know exactly what I am saying).

NE5 you know I am not one who beefs with you for the sake of it. But I thought SJH quit the board & installed Dougie & Alison to look after the families shareholding. Fred Shepherd was Chairman of the football club & Chairman of the PLC board. I am not sure if he would consult personally with SJH,  just like I dont think Northern Rocks Adam Applegarth consulted with Northern Rocks major shareholders on decisions he made. Lets face it Sir John didn't consult with Fred when he was selling up, he new Fred was always buying more shares, yet for some reason never publicly offered the Shepherd boys the chance to buy them.

To be fair I think both were rotten in hindsight, King Kev wont be having dinner with either. The fundemental difference between Sir John & Fred was one was PR dream machine, the other gaffe prone even though his heart was in the right place. Remember folks Sir John never put £££'s in like Ashley it was all loans, some intrest free, others with a cost. It was Cameron Hall Developments that made millions from redevolping the ground & it was Sir John who wanted to move to a new stadium not long after the redevolping work of SJP had been completed. As soon as the new stadium idea did not take off, Sir John was off. Sir John k made a lot more out of Newcastle than Fred did. The Shepherds made/make a few millions out of a warehouse deal, Cameron Hall Developents was kept a float because of Newcastle United. Go figure.

I can accept part of that. My point is that one man has never, ever, been solely been responsible for choosing the manager of the football club. The decision to go PLC during Keegans first period though, was totally different, the Halls chose to do this. So who is responsible for losing him ?

I think its completely amazing that people think Sir John Hall was so superior to Shepherd, simply because he had the best manager as manager of the club during his time as chairman, ignoring the FACT that Shepherd was one of the people who wanted to appoint Keegan when SJH didn't, and then following on from that also, Sir John Hall started the wheels in motion that led to Keegan leaving.

Astounding, tbh, that he never gets any flak from anywhere. As I've said elsewhere, he's the luckiest bastard in the world. The silly knacker even started off all this stupid "Geordie Nation" bollocks, but Shepherd gets the blame.

What are you on about?

read above explanation again  (even though you know exactly what I am saying).

No I don't. Because I'm only bothered about what happened when Shepherd and the Halls ran the club. What he does now is irrelevant. Keegan has came back because the club is a private company again, and he wants to finish the job off that the felt he would be hindered from completing the first time round. This is what he has insinuated to everybody who has half a brain and can see it, by his own comments.

Wow, this thread actually generated some serious replies.

haha, come on dave mate, if you put shepherds name on a post the one man fan club will always be in like a shot

not quite. Just the people with a bit of common sense who don't blame him whenever it rains. Look at it as having a broader and more more experienced outlook of the whole thing, or basing "opinion" on facts rather than personalities.

Are you going to dispute the FACT that Fletcher, Hall Jnr and Shepherd had the idea of appointing Keegan, and Sir John Hall as the majority shareholder made the decision to go PLC, thus losing him ??

I've said this before, but the sooner people base their "opinions" on fact rather than "he's a fat b****** who ate all the pies" the sooner you will make better judgement.

i'm not gonna dispute anything with you mate, i think i grasped your outlook a while back, its just different to mine thats all, keep truckin

I like how NE5 treats Keegan's book like the bible when he quotes the part that says Shepherd, Hall jr and Fletcher wanted him as manager, yet ignores the real reason Keegan left as he says in his book (because he couldn't motivate the team anymore) because it doesn't fit his agenda. I'll even type part of the chapter out tomorrow to prove you're wrong.