Steve Curry (Daily Hate) labels NUFC as 'Joke'. Are we?

Jay Jay Sea

Maybe this thread should sit within the'Media slag Toon' type of thread but I was listening to Steve Curry of The Daily Express (Chief Sports Writer) on Sky Sports News and his thoughts about NUFC.  I can't recall word for word what he said other than "Newcastle United FC is a joke" and this was based on the fact that we'd appointed Kevin Keegan, Mike Ashley is a joke standing amongst NUFC supportes with his black 'n white top on and we are an even bigger joke if there is any truth in the rumour that we are interested in David Beckham.

Does anyone out there actually concur with this chaps thoughts? Are we a complete joke?

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Steve Curry's a fucking joke, a fat one at that.  Who the fuck does he support?  Whoever they are, they are a joke too.

Maybe this thread should sit within the'Media slag Toon' type of thread but I was listening to Steve Curry of The Daily Express (Chief Sports Writer) on Sky Sports News and his thoughts about NUFC.  I can't recall word for word what he said other than "Newcastle United FC is a joke" and this was based on the fact that we'd appointed Kevin Keegan, Mike Ashley is a joke standing amongst NUFC supportes with his black 'n white top on and we are an even bigger joke if there is any truth in the rumour that we are interested in David Beckham.

Does anyone out there actually concur with this chaps thoughts? Are we a complete joke?

I am finding the outsiders "obsession" with us highly amusing. For such a small, joke of a club, we seem to be getting mighty BIG news coverage! It's amazing.

I wonder what all these media people will say if this turns out to be a success? I am sure some of them will back track big style.

I don't get all the stigma with Mike Ashley spending times with the fans? The guy has ploughed millions in the club if he wants to soak up the atmosphere with the rest of the fans so be it. I don't think it reflects badly on us, our chairman the head of our club is in the Directors box he is the face of the club.

I can't remember too many criticisms of Matthew Harding watching the games at Stamford Brigde with the fans, infact they used to bring that up as a positive spin "man of the people"

Guest elbee909

The Daily Mail / Daily Express - practically supported the Nazis back in the 30s/40s, didn't they?  They're ones to fucking talk about backing the wrong team.

Guest mobiius

The Daily Mail / Daily Express - practically supported the Nazis back in the 30s/40s, didn't they?  They're ones to fucking talk about backing the wrong team.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ;D ;D ;D

Living in London, I learnt we are the Cockney-based ("national" !!!) press's (in sport particularly) favourite targets. They do not consider they ("national" media) are actually OUR media as well, at all. They are so parochially Cockney-based . . .

If you compare this to how some 'people' behave in their normal day-to-day life, about other people who are bigger/better/whatever, than them?

What do they do?

They 'criticise' them and 'lie' about them, whenever they can.

Sound familiar???

is he the fat one that has a very very irritating voice and sounds like he's out of breath at the end of every sentence?

Yeah that's him.  Heart attack waiting to happen.

We have to accept that NUFC have provided the (Southern) Press with all the ammunition they need which ultimately makes their backslapping articles all the easier for them to write. Sadly we have an image that is totally self inflicted.

Ashley now must break that trend. Personally I'd rather NUFC were the most hated Club in the country because that would mean upsetting the recognised order of things - where the 'big 4' are the be all and end all for the soft Southern wankers.

Siege mentality required.

its just annoying that the majority of stuff appearing in the nationals is bollocks, so we turn to our regional paper, and theres a monkey in there also writing bollocks.

Let the parochial little wan**rs enjoy it . . .  WHILE THEY CAN !!!!!!!!!!

Guest elbee909

:lol:

No practically about it, fwiw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail#Support_for_Nazism_and_Fascism

In early 1934 Rothermere and the Mail were sympathetic to Oswald Mosley and the British Union of Fascists. Rothermere wrote an article, "Hurrah for the Blackshirts".

So where's our hurrah for the black and white shirts? 

We have to accept that NUFC have provided the (Southern) Press with all the ammunition they need which ultimately makes their backslapping articles all the easier for them to write. Sadly we have an image that is totally self inflicted.

Ashley now must break that trend. Personally I'd rather NUFC were the most hated Club in the country because that would mean upsetting the recognised order of things - where the 'big 4' are the be all and end all for the soft Southern wankers.

Siege mentality required.

I think the "big four" has become the "big three" and I can't see Liverpool breaking into the big 3.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

is he the fat one that has a very very irritating voice and sounds like he's out of breath at the end of every sentence?

Yeah that's him.  Heart attack waiting to happen.

Sooner rather than..... nah harsh, but someone should tell him to shut the fuck up.  So hypocritical of people to say we're not a big club, yet we're always being talked about and brandished across two page spreads in the papers.