The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

There's an article about it in this week's 'Scorchio' magazine. Says he shouldn't have been dropped against Ventspils and Wigan, and that if Martins arrived he would have to find a new club. He also revealed that Real Madrid would be 'a dream move'.

"Scorchio" doesn't sound like a real magazine  tongue.gif

:lol:

http://stuarthughes.blogspot.com/scorchio.jpg

Scorchio!

centre-fold pullouts of Butros-Butros Galli and Chris Waddle next sunday, woo!

They've linked us with a player called Julio Geordio, anyone know anything about him?

watching luque tonight made me think of what it would be like if you played dennis bergkamp up front as the main striker. It simply wouldnt work. if milner had been left up top and luque free to roam the results would have been similar. He had a bad game but its not his position.

i really want to like luque and im not one to get on his back, but in a newcastle shirt he just doesnt have it and he doesnt seem interested.

he was very poor AGAIN tonight.  people can say he's on his own whatever, but im sorry that's no excuse.  you could say that for some things - but that doesnt give a player a bad touch.  he just doesnt look like he can control a ball.  apart from that he often doesnt look like he wants it - watch him 'try' to wina  header, he doesnt try at all he just half-heartedly sticks his head in for show.

and he couldnt read duff at all.

it really worries me that if shola or martins get injured we're left with him, or worse, both geet injured! bluesigh.gif

When greedy selfcentred players like Duff and the rest start passing the ball to Luque and if he doesn't score then come and talk about Luque not being good enough...

Duff and the rest of the midfield do NOT understand what the word SERVICE means because any striker without being given the ball is NOT going to SCORE...Not even Alan Shearer would have scored with that kind of selfish play by the midfield players...

They were like kids everyone wanting to score himself without thinking for the good of the team...Errr especially Duff...Soooo angry at him...

When greedy selfcentred players like Duff and the rest start passing the ball to Luque and if he doesn't score then come and talk about Luque not being good enough...

Duff and the rest of the midfield do NOT understand what the word SERVICE means because any striker without being given the ball is NOT going to SCORE...Not even Alan Shearer would have scored with that kind of selfish play by the midfield players...

They were like kids everyone wanting to score himself without thinking for the good of the team...Errr especially Duff...Soooo angry at him...

What I saw was a team who simply didn't trust him enough to give him the ball - and with his poor positioning, poor effort off the ball, poor first touch and apparent disinterest, I can't really blame them...

I raised the question of whether Duff was too hungry in the post-match thread, but upon further reflection it's easily understandable... Imagine you yourself are playing in a free role in a Sunday League, and the guy playing up front is someone you know is going to let the ball roll past him, or bounce of his shins, you'd stop passing it to him, right? And try to do it all yourself? You can't keep passing it to him in the hope he'll get it right sooner or later...

As far as I could see Duff did seem a bit hungry at times, but he linked up with other players, just not Luque...

What I saw was a team who simply didn't trust him enough to give him the ball - and with his poor positioning, poor effort off the ball, poor first touch and apparent disinterest, I can't really blame them...

I raised the question of whether Duff was too hungry in the post-match thread, but upon further reflection it's easily understandable... Imagine you yourself are playing in a free role in a Sunday League, and the guy playing up front is someone you know is going to let the ball roll past him, or bounce of his shins, you'd stop passing it to him, right? And try to do it all yourself? You can't keep passing it to him in the hope he'll get it right sooner or later...

As far as I could see Duff did seem a bit hungry at times, but he linked up with other players, just not Luque...

But if Roeder decided to play Luque that mean Duff needs to get through his head that he needs to do his job and that is to pass the ball to Luque...He wasn't doning that from the word go...

I think it has nothing to do with Duff thinking Luque's control is not good because honestly Luque didn't see the ball that much for Duff to come up with that conclusion...Duff was actually very very wasteful of some good chances and his crosses were CRAP...

But if Roeder decided to play Luque that mean Duff needs to get through his head that he needs to do his job and that is to pass the ball to Luque...He wasn't doning that from the word go...

I think it has nothing to do with Duff thinking Luque's control is not good because honestly Luque didn't see the ball that much for Duff to come up with that conclusion...Duff was actually very very wasteful of some good chances and his crosses were CRAP...

We'll have to disagree on the bold bit... And I noticed that while you seized upon my "poor first touch" remark you ignored "poor positioning, poor effort off the ball and apparent disinterest"...?

We'll have to disagree on the bold bit... And I noticed that while you seized upon my "poor first touch" remark you ignored "poor positioning, poor effort off the ball and apparent disinterest"...?

Well I disagree with your opinion about Luque in this game having "poor positioning, poor effort off the ball and apparent disinterest"...I just think it was very obvious that most of the midfielders were trying to be the SUPER HERO and had no vision when on a number of occasions Luque was unmarked and ready to score if had recieved the ball...

If you have taped the game, you can go back and watch the part where N'Zogbia dribbled passed two defenders in their panelty area and Luque was in acres of space unmarked to his right but N'Zogbia still decided to go on and the end product was nothing...Luque would have scored if he had gotten the ball at that moment...There were so many times like this when Luque was in very good positoins but the selfish bastards were ignoring him...

Well I disagree with your opinion about Luque in this game having "poor positioning, poor effort off the ball and apparent disinterest"...I just think it was very obvious that most of the midfielders were trying to be the SUPER HERO and had no vision when on a number of occasions Luque was unmarked and ready to score if had recieved the ball...

If you have taped the game, you can go back and watch the part where N'Zogbia dribbled passed two defenders in their panelty area and Luque was in acres of space unmarked to his right but N'Zogbia still decided to go on and the end product was nothing...Luque would have scored if he had gotten the ball at that moment...There were so many times like this when Luque was in very good positoins but the selfish bastards were ignoring him...

That's not a very good example really - as you said he'd just beaten two (three?) players and was a mere ten yards from goal when he took the shot, as almost every player would...

Now, both you and I are splitting hairs, trying to get inside the heads of players. You're of the opinion that our players were too selfish to pass to Luque, I'm of the opinion they (especially Duff) were happy to pass to anyone except Luque because they don't trust him - and the fact is both could be true and neither can be proved

Plus there's the small fact we both got up at 4.30am to watch our team fail to score despite 30+ attempts at goal - something which doubtless put us in a grumpy and uncharitable mood ;)

don't be too harsh on the spaniard.  Glender initially employed a 4-4-2 having in mind that luque will be playing just behind Milner.  That would be his ideal position if Owen was fit,  Luque would play just behind him with Owen the further most in attack like he use to do for the rats.  but the problem was that Milner (not a orthodox striker like owen) was running wide and with zog and duff both running wide we were left with nobody in the box to attack that ball when it was played in.  Well apart from Luque but but we all know that is not his position, he is not a striker. 

With most of our game played in attack last night it looked like Luque was left upfront on his own because of Milner running out wide all the time, we had to rely on Parker to storm foward to support the spaniard.  Can't really critisize the Glenn for his tactics as we are well short of strikers but would like to see him try the Zog upfront.  I seen a few of you mentioned it on the old threads about trying him upfront and i whole heartedly agree.  When i saw him run at defenders and dribble his way like they were thin air, he reminded me of the one and only Thierry Henry.  Just like the way his body swaggered along when he was bursting through the ruck of defenders with the ball.  Plus he has a powerful enough shot on him as well as we have seen a few long ranges he had tried.  Perhaps next time Glen should put Milner on the wing and Zog leading the line with Luque behind him.

Guest Gemmill

SLK embarrassing himself further by posting clueless shit all over the board.  Duff = self-centred and greedy.  Duff was the best player on the pitch man!  Where do we get these fans from, seriously?  :lol:

To be fair Emre shooting from over 30yards, he has a great shot on him but it would have had to be something special from there and he tried it a few times which got frustrated. But fair play to him he tried to rally the team a few times and tried to get the team going but it just wasn't happening.

Guest The Fox

I think Luque proved against poor opposition that he is not up to it. Offered no threat and his first touch was poor.

That's not a very good example really - as you said he'd just beaten two (three?) players and was a mere ten yards from goal when he took the shot, as almost every player would...

Now, both you and I are splitting hairs, trying to get inside the heads of players. You're of the opinion that our players were too selfish to pass to Luque, I'm of the opinion they (especially Duff) were happy to pass to anyone except Luque because they don't trust him - and the fact is both could be true and neither can be proved

Plus there's the small fact we both got up at 4.30am to watch our team fail to score despite 30+ attempts at goal - something which doubtless put us in a grumpy and uncharitable mood ;)

Yes...You could be right about getting up at 4:30am and having to watch that frustrating match for 2 hours and then going to work with only 4 hours of sleep...But we both agree that the midfield players were avoiding Luque when sometimes he was the best positioned player to score if he had recieved the ball...

SLK embarrassing himself further by posting clueless shit all over the board.  Duff = self-centred and greedy.  Duff was the best player on the pitch man!  Where do we get these fans from, seriously?  :lol:

What the hell are you talking about Red Ronaldo Robot :lol: To the cluless fans like you Duff was the best player...You must like wasteful players a lot...I probably should have guessed that from your avatar :lol:

Guest ckmuzza

I actually agree with SLK about Duff being a bit self-centred and greedy, I counted about 10 times he blasted his shot into the first defender. He was able to skip past defenders quite easily but his end product was poor.

But Luque was extremly dissapointing but I think this clearly proves that he can not be the main striker in a 4-5-1 formation.

Guest Gemmill

What the hell are you talking about Red Ronaldo Robot :lol: To the cluless fans like you Duff was the best player...You must like wasteful players a lot...I probably should have guessed that from your avatar :lol:

I'm amazed at how stupid you're willing to make yourself look in defense of that useless arsehole. :lol:  He did nothing last night to earn anyone defending his performance.  He tracked his marker when we had the ball, he never came near or far post when we had the ball in advanced positions, preferring to plonk himself between both central defenders, making it impossible for a team mate to find him.  In short he was completely shit and disinterested, and still the fan boys like you can't see it.

I'm amazed at how stupid you're willing to make yourself look in defense of that useless arsehole. :lol:  He did nothing last night to earn anyone defending his performance.  He tracked his marker when we had the ball, he never came near or far post when we had the ball in advanced positions, preferring to plonk himself between both central defenders, making it impossible for a team mate to find him.  In short he was completely shit and disinterested, and still the fan boys like you can't see it.

Is the right answer.

He's either a) shit or b) not interested........either way, he's of no use to this club so we should get rid at the first chance.

Why don't you go and read few posts above before firing up your keyboard mate...Luque was at many occasions placed in great positions to have a shot at goal if he just had the ball sent to him by one of your SUPER HEROS but they chose to go for glory themselves having delibrately not pass to Luque especially your HERODuff :lol:

Man just take of your anti Luque glasses and be fair for once in your life when you post here...