Alan Smith

Newcastle Fan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smith is w***. Total and utter w***. I don't care if he looked good for Leeds or Fergie liked him, I only want to know him as an NUFC player and he's done absolutely nothing for us. He had a good game when we drew against Arsenal. So what? He should have a good game consistently for the amount we paid for him/pay him/people hype him up. He's crap in midfield and woefully average up front. His hold up play isn't even that good-Adebayor's goal on Tuesday came from Smith losing the ball. In fact, that is one of the main attributes to his game: losing the ball, falling over, fouling people (especially in dangerous positions), getting suspended, mouthing off to the referee and a shocking inability to pass the ball forwards. I hate all this tripe about him giving 100% and being a committed team player. He's a disgrace, a let-down and a downright moron. You can see his stupidity just by looking at him. And his hair is naff. Honestly. He really, really is my least favourite player to ever represent NUFC. He doesn't seem to get injured for us so I just pray for the one in every 5/6 games he gets suspended as he picks up his inevitable booking per game. For every position on the field we have somebody better than Smith. There's no need for him to play/be near the squad when everyone is fit, even with our depleted squad now I'd seriously debate having him around. He is just plain gash. I don't care if we sell him, let him play in the reserves, cover him in steak and feed him to Alan Shearer's dogs... whatever, just get him away from the team. Mind-numbingly awful.

posts like this make me laugh, loudly. Are you seriously saying you advocate when buying a player, you don't look at his record of performance at his current/previous clubs ?

And even funnier, think that we should be the only club that gets it right every time ? haha. What utter tripe. Anyway, now the fat b****** has gone and took all the pies with him, how come we are still signing players that don't perform when it was all supposed to be his fault ?

ONce again, I don't expect to get an intelligent and thoughtful reply to a question like this ? One day I might, you never know.

People like you make me laugh, louder. Yes, when buying a player of course you look at his record. However, the point that I made that you so clearly missed is that although his record at Leeds was good, he has done nothing for us. To be fair, if you're going to start cracking on about siging a player based on a record, what did he ever do at Man United that would make him stand out. Same goes with his England performances. When did I say anything about us being the club that gets it right every time? I'm not talking about us a buying club, or our siging policy. I am talking about the undeniable fact that Smith has done nothing since he's been here. If you care to present me with any evidence to the contrary I'll be happy to listen to you. I said nothing about whether we should have signed him or not and didn't talk about our transfer policy. This thread is about Smith as an NUFC player. If you want me to answer your half-arsed, unrelated question, I see why somebody would buy him baed on his Leeds days but nothing else. I don't think we are the club to get it right every time, I think we are a club he gets it wrong most of the time, hence our woeful season thus far. Next time read the post more carefully.

Smith is w***. Total and utter w***. I don't care if he looked good for Leeds or Fergie liked him, I only want to know him as an NUFC player and he's done absolutely nothing for us. He had a good game when we drew against Arsenal. So what? He should have a good game consistently for the amount we paid for him/pay him/people hype him up. He's crap in midfield and woefully average up front. His hold up play isn't even that good-Adebayor's goal on Tuesday came from Smith losing the ball. In fact, that is one of the main attributes to his game: losing the ball, falling over, fouling people (especially in dangerous positions), getting suspended, mouthing off to the referee and a shocking inability to pass the ball forwards. I hate all this tripe about him giving 100% and being a committed team player. He's a disgrace, a let-down and a downright moron. You can see his stupidity just by looking at him. And his hair is naff. Honestly. He really, really is my least favourite player to ever represent NUFC. He doesn't seem to get injured for us so I just pray for the one in every 5/6 games he gets suspended as he picks up his inevitable booking per game. For every position on the field we have somebody better than Smith. There's no need for him to play/be near the squad when everyone is fit, even with our depleted squad now I'd seriously debate having him around. He is just plain gash. I don't care if we sell him, let him play in the reserves, cover him in steak and feed him to Alan Shearer's dogs... whatever, just get him away from the team. Mind-numbingly awful.

nicely summed up..

Amazed that some people think he's better than Ameobi - Shola is light years better. (And thats NOT praise for Shola)

Fucking hell  :lol:

Guest jcricthon

He can show sparks of real class. But give the guy some consistency before we berate his ability.

Up top for Leeds he was awesome. Before he was injured for the Mancs he was awesome for them, up top and in centre Mid. Those goals he scored in the early season when he first joined showed how good he is, technically and mentally more than anything.

In my opinion we have 4 very good strikers for rotation on fitness and performance in Martins, Owen, Viduka and Smith.