No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest shaun11177

I think 13th is more realistic-basically the team hasnt moved on from Souness and thats about right. Iam sure we can get to 40 points.

The biggest worry is trying to get good players-the best are at the top clubs and dont want to move-any really promising youngsters and the top clubs are after them as well, although sometimes you can sign them if they dont think they will get a game.

All the Managers in the premier league seem to say the same thing-we want experienced Premiership players who will improve the squad-but there just isnt that many available, and the ones there are in the summer, well the competition is going to be fierce.

Some people need to remember what happened when Roeder took over from Souness.  We were even lower in the league, around 14th I believe.  That season we finished 7th.  We've not had a decent run of form this season, and it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that when Keegan gets back Beye, Martins and Faye that we will see some better football and form.  It's been glum for a while, yes, but it’s too early to assume that we will never be able to reproduce any positive form for the remainder of the season AND get relegated as a consequence.  There’s 15 games to go and another 45 points to fight for, lets get behind the team instead of prematurely shitting our pants and half expecting relegation.  Jesus, despite our shit form for months, we are still on par with Spurs points wise.  Are the Spurs fans contemplating relegation?

January must be the most difficult time to sign anyone, because clubs usually only sell if they can replace who they are selling.  Most clubs don’t want to sell as they know it may be difficult to sign a replacement.  There is still time for a player or two to come in, however if we don’t get anyone in I’m happy that we’ve got some quality players returning from African Cup.

Why rush into signing players? Thats panic buying and we'll get the players values inflated that way! We have 4 good players coming back from africa; beye, faye, geremi and martins plus joey barton and emre from suspension...thats 6 players all with premiership experience to hopefully get us enough points so why should we panic...waiting till the summer might not be a bad thing?

Spot on.

Why rush into signing players? Thats panic buying and we'll get the players values inflated that way! We have 4 good players coming back from africa; beye, faye, geremi and martins plus joey barton and emre from suspension...thats 6 players all with premiership experience to hopefully get us enough points so why should we panic...waiting till the summer might not be a bad thing?

Spot on.

Geremi was shite before. Has a new manager changed that?

In fact, so were Emre and Barton, and Martins too.

Faye and Beye drastically improve our defence. However, it's going forward that we struggle with.

Knee-jerk-tastic thread.

Hardly. People have been saying it for months.

I was referring to the OP which was a reaction to Woody not signing...

I am now getting seriously concerned that we will go down this season without the lift of a least one class signing. With Woodie rejecting us for Spurs, and thats a first for quite some time where the two clubs have been after the same player, I cannot see the squad getting the massive lift they need to kick on and gain confidence.

Some people need to remember what happened when Roeder took over from Souness.  We were even lower in the league, around 14th I believe.  That season we finished 7th.  We've not had a decent run of form this season, and it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that when Keegan gets back Beye, Martins and Faye that we will see some better football and form.  It's been glum for a while, yes, but it’s too early to assume that we will never be able to reproduce any positive form for the remainder of the season AND get relegated as a consequence.  There’s 15 games to go and another 45 points to fight for, lets get behind the team instead of prematurely shitting our pants and half expecting relegation.  Jesus, despite our s*** form for months, we are still on par with Spurs points wise.  Are the Spurs fans contemplating relegation?

January must be the most difficult time to sign anyone, because clubs usually only sell if they can replace who they are selling.  Most clubs don’t want to sell as they know it may be difficult to sign a replacement.  There is still time for a player or two to come in, however if we don’t get anyone in I’m happy that we’ve got some quality players returning from African Cup.

That would be Spurs, who were bottom of the table until that appointed a top European manager? The difference being they're on the up, and we're on the down.

I think the situation is the same as for the last three seasons - relegation is a possibility but not likely because there are worse teams below us.

We'd all hoped that things would push on this season, but it looks like it's not to be.

I'd agree though, that we should be trying hard to bring in one or two players now in order to be safe.

Do you think the failure to push on is due to the change of manager?  Newcastle had Allardyce, a confirmed 4-5-1 man, boring tactically, long ball, solid defensively.  So SA started to buy the type of players he needed for his system.  Allardyce gets sacked, KK comes in, a manager who couldn't be more at the opposite of the managerial spectrum, 4-4-2, attacking football, we'll score more than you will.  KK's problem is that he hasn't got many of the type of player he needs to play the style he wants to.

No, No and No, first of all Allardyce's team was not solid defensively.  Second we have players far better suited to Keegan's way of playing then Allardyce, and finally had Allardyce stayed we would be in far more danger of relegation.  The failure this season is down to Allardyce, changing manager has possibly saved us.  I genuinely believe that had he stayed there was a chance of relegation, his team didn't look capable of beating anyone without spades of luck, even the worst in the league.

As for the original poster, sorry man but you've lost your mind.  Three wins would keep us up and we have Fulham, Boro, Sunderland, Reading and Blackburn at all home, we also have some mid table teams to play away who we can nick points from.

Guest unrealterrorist

Think we'll be easily able to beat the lower teams once we have Martins, Beye and Faye all back.

We have too much quality to go down.

No such thing as "We have too much quality to go down" but we arnt so it doesnt matter so no panic  :frantic:

Hey, honestly! This forum pisses me off at times.

Why is there so much negativity? Why can't people just have a bit of patience and get behind the team. This is yet another transitional period that we have, we are not going to get relegated, there are still 14 or 15 games left, lets make the most of it. Fuk me, its better than being a mackem!

:tickedoff:

Mugs.

Realists I'd say.

Hey, honestly! This forum pisses me off at times.

Why is there so much negativity? Why can't people just have a bit of patience and get behind the team. This is yet another transitional period that we have, we are not going to get relegated, there are still 14 or 15 games left, lets make the most of it. Fuk me, its better than being a mackem!

:tickedoff:

Maybe it has something to do with performances ?

Could be you know.  :rolleyes:

Crazy thread, people seriously think relegation is a possibility? I actually have faith in Keegan and believe he will get the players already here playing better regardless of what players come in.

Every now and again, theres a team drops like a stone through the league all the time they're saying "No, we'll not go down" but the fall continues and before they know it, they're in the desperate fight at the end of the season. Quite frankly, we shouldn't but the heads go down too ****** easy, for my own confidence on the matter Get in some players who don't give up once they're 1-0 down. It'd make a nice ******** change.......

I can definitely see Derby, Sunderland, Fulham, Wigan, Birmingham, Bolton, Reading and Boro all having unbeaten ends to the Premier League season, thus all finishing above us as we will not get another point.

You need a fucking life if you think we'll get relegated :lol: Lighten up lads, you're allowed to be even slightly positive.

It seems to me people want to see a signing because they've built their hopes up about getting one rather than genuinely thinking we'll go down without one.

You've got it spot on there like.

Some people need to remember what happened when Roeder took over from Souness.  We were even lower in the league, around 14th I believe.  That season we finished 7th.  We've not had a decent run of form this season, and it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that when Keegan gets back Beye, Martins and Faye that we will see some better football and form.  It's been glum for a while, yes, but it’s too early to assume that we will never be able to reproduce any positive form for the remainder of the season AND get relegated as a consequence.  There’s 15 games to go and another 45 points to fight for, lets get behind the team instead of prematurely shitting our pants and half expecting relegation.  Jesus, despite our s*** form for months, we are still on par with Spurs points wise.  Are the Spurs fans contemplating relegation?

That would be Spurs, who were bottom of the table until that appointed a top European manager? The difference being they're on the up, and we're on the down.

We've just appointed a new manager, who is to say that we will not be on the up soon?

We've just appointed a new manager, who is to say that we will not be on the up soon?

Because we're Newcastle United and we haven't signed anybody in this transfer window and Keegan's already been in charge for a whole 11 days and there's no sign of improvement, he hasn't won in two, we haven't scored any goals, we're crap at defending, he's past it and nobody knows who he is because every footballer in the world today was born in 1997 and Alan Shearer said no to us and he's our only hope of succeeding and our owner only wants money and won't buy anybody and we're gonna get relegated then get relegated again and keep going until the club fades out of existence.