No signings = relegation?

Guest Brazilianbob

Sundays match is a huge fixture. It would be a moral boosting win to beat the smoggies and would lift some of the gloom on Tyneside at the moment.

I would have like to see new 1st teamers in but if KK thought they wern't good enough to improve the current crop then fair enough. Allardyce brought in a lot of mediocre players in  and where has that got us?

Faye and Beye are back for KK now that improves our defence. He has options in midfield though attack is very worrying unless Owen gets going.

Whilst I'll expect more set backs this season I think there are too many really shit teams in the division for us to go down.

Look at Spurs - Ramos took a while to get them going again, and they look a good team again.

SO TELL ME WHERE AM I MAKING THIS UP ITS STRAIGHT OFF THE www.premierleague.com website

Simple.

"yes beaten twice by arsenal and a point off lowly bolton without a shot on target in 270 mins  of football without a single goal"

So the "without a shot on target" part wasn't made up? Oh, ok. Like I said, Smith goal line clearance  :rolleyes:

But that lost was in another time. Now we got a new manager and everything that gives you. We alredy seen better preformence than before christmas and it will only get better.

yes beaten twice by arsenal and a point off lowly bolton without a shot on target in 270 mins  of football without a single goal  :clap: :idiot2: :pottytrain5:

You must of missed the Smith goal line clearence. You can make anything sound bad when you ignore/make things up.

Talk about Black & White specs - this is REALLY grabbing at straws ; we never looked like competing with them apart from about 30 mins in the first half of the Cup game - completely outplayed in the League match,we looked like a Championship side at best.

So showing one example of where we've had a shot on goal after someone has declared we had 0 shots on goal in 270 minutes is grabbing at straws?  :idiot2:

Seriously, this thread is filled with doom mongers.

But that lost was in another time. Now we got a new manager and everything that gives you. We alredy seen better preformence than before christmas and it will only get better.

yes beaten twice by arsenal and a point off lowly bolton without a shot on target in 270 mins  of football without a single goal  :clap: :idiot2: :pottytrain5:

You must of missed the Smith goal line clearence. You can make anything sound bad when you ignore/make things up.

Talk about Black & White specs - this is REALLY grabbing at straws ; we never looked like competing with them apart from about 30 mins in the first half of the Cup game - completely outplayed in the League match,we looked like a Championship side at best.

So showing one example of where we've had a shot on goal after someone has declared we had 0 shots on goal in 270 minutes is grabbing at straws?  :idiot2:

It is also filled with people who imitate ostriches - heads in sand, won't look the danger in the face, and whether you like it or not, if we lose on Sunday and the other results at the w/e go against us we ARE in a relegation battle - even Given admits it.

Sundays match is a huge fixture. It would be a moral boosting win to beat the smoggies and would lift some of the gloom on Tyneside at the moment.

I would have like to see new 1st teamers in but if KK thought they wern't good enough to improve the current crop then fair enough. Allardyce brought in a lot of mediocre players in  and where has that got us?

Faye and Beye are back for KK now that improves our defence. He has options in midfield though attack is very worrying unless Owen gets going.

Whilst I'll expect more set backs this season I think there are too many really s*** teams in the division for us to go down.

Look at Spurs - Ramos took a while to get them going again, and they look a good team again.

The difference is that we don't have anyone remotely as good as Berbatov or Keane up front, and that is before you look at the rest of the team....

It is also filled with people who imitate ostriches - heads in sand, won't look the danger in the face, and whether you like it or not, if we lose on Sunday and the other results at the w/e go against us we ARE in a relegation battle - even Given admits it.

:lol: Fuck a duck, talk about pointing words in my mouth. I've never said the trouble isn't there (or anything about relegation for that matter), my point is that when you make shit up like saying we haven't had a single shot on target in the last 270 minutes of football you can make any situation seem a whole lot worse than it actually is.

Like someone else said, we're more likely to stay up than go down (a whole lot more) and I can only see us going down if A) We play incredibly shit in all remaning games B) The teams below us have some sort of phoenix like return and start playing like Brazil and C) If we get fucked over luck wise.

Still I don´t understand why everyone is worried. If we get closer the bottom, yea sure. But now? It´s still a long why down and I have alredy said whay I think about the preformens under KK.

I didn´t said we will win against Villa or Man Utd. But I strongly belive we can take points. I´m not beliving that because we could draw against bolton. I belive that because I´m sure we will start playing better.

But if everyone will be negative and all the time complaining how bad we are and that we will go down. Be my guest and do that. Sorley I won´t.

14 games left thats 42 points up for grabs, Boro 2 points behind us Scum 4 points behind us, ahead of us we have Spurs by 1 point then next closest in 10th is West Ham  on 36, Pompey on 47 ,Blackburn on 38 and Liverpool on 40 points in 7th spot.

There is still plenty to play for but the drop is also a big reality if we do not start winning at least our home games.

:lol: f*** a duck, talk about pointing words in my mouth. I've never said the trouble isn't there (or anything about relegation for that matter), my point is that when you make s*** up like saying we haven't had a single shot on target in the last 270 minutes of football you can make any situation seem a whole lot worse than it actually is.

Like someone else said, we're more likely to stay up than go down (a whole lot more) and I can only see us going down if A) We play incredibly s*** in all remaning games B) The teams below us have some sort of phoenix like return and start playing like Brazil and C) If we get f***** over luck wise.

Oh sorry one shot on target in 270 mins my apologies lets pick up on on glowing error on my match stats and make a running comment on it .Its hardly something to be proud of to pick up on this and ignore the fact that we have relegation form and a string of difficult games coming up and a loss tomorrow and a couple of results going against us will put the pressure on a already demoralised squad . :idiot2:

:lol: f*** a duck, talk about pointing words in my mouth. I've never said the trouble isn't there (or anything about relegation for that matter), my point is that when you make s*** up like saying we haven't had a single shot on target in the last 270 minutes of football you can make any situation seem a whole lot worse than it actually is.

Like someone else said, we're more likely to stay up than go down (a whole lot more) and I can only see us going down if A) We play incredibly s*** in all remaning games B) The teams below us have some sort of phoenix like return and start playing like Brazil and C) If we get f***** over luck wise.

Oh sorry one shot on target in 270 mins my apologies lets pick up on on glowing error on my match stats and make a running comment on it .Its hardly something to be proud of to pick up on this and ignore the fact that we have relegation form and a string of difficult games coming up and a loss tomorrow and a couple of results going against us will put the pressure on a already demoralised squad . :idiot2:

Are you that much of an idiot? :lol: The Smith shot is an example, christ  :rolleyes:

Are you that much of an idiot? :lol: The Smith shot is an example, christ  :rolleyes:

Example of what exactly  ???

isn't he trying to say the smith shot is an example of a shot over the 270 minutes as a means to disprove you on one basic point, thus undermining your whole argument

the "example" part is 'cause he presumes there were more shots than that one example he uses....?

isn't he trying to say the smith shot is an example of a shot over the 270 minutes as a means to disprove you on one basic point, thus undermining your whole argument

the "example" part is 'cause he presumes there were more shots than that one example he uses....?

More to do with the fact that singing songs of doom and then backing it up with stats is a bit misleading. We haven't had many shots on target in the past 3 matches but our attacking play and number of chances created have certinatly been on the up compared to what it was. We are beyond unfortunate in that our first 3 games with Keegan in charge have been a team that plays 10 men behind the ball and Arsenal away twice. Boro will be a diffrent story.

And there isn't a need to undermine his argument, I agree fully that the threat of relegation is there which is why I'm finding it so funny that he feels the need to believe I don't :lol:

Well i got that stat off the http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/fixture.mc?id=276&event=24 and it states one save there keeper had to make .I used that site as an example and have read match reports and that is the only one i could find of a effort on target as Butts free kick hit the bar which i do not consider on target .

Well i got that stat off the http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/fixture.mc?id=276&event=24 and it states one save there keeper had to make .I used that site as an example and have read match reports and that is the only one i could find of a effort on target as Butts free kick hit the bar which i do not consider on target .

What would you consider more important, creating chances or shots on target?

My main argument in this whole issue is the fact we are not  hitting the target and that worries me and that is why we are struggling and teams below us are scoring goals and creating more chances than we are .The teams below may be getting beat but they can creap up on us if our form continues .

What would you consider more important, creating chances or shots on target?

Shots on target obviously ,thats where the goals come in to it

• 4 weeks later...

thought it was worth digging this up to see if any of the smart fuckers predicting it 'totally impossible' we could go down have anything to say now? 

start back at page one and read some of the shit posted onwards, embarrassing man; would make you laugh if it wasn't fucken pitiful

thought it was worth digging this up to see if any of the smart fuckers predicting it 'totally impossible' we could go down have anything to say now? 

start back at page one and read some of the shit posted onwards, embarrassing man; would make you laugh if it wasn't fucken pitiful

What kind of thing is that to say? How the fuck could anyone have known back then that we would still not have won a game and would be 3 points off the bottom?

start back at page one and read some of the s*** posted onwards, embarrassing man; would make you laugh if it wasn't fucken pitiful

What kind of thing is that to say? How the f*** could anyone have known back then that we would still not have won a game and would be 3 points off the bottom?

some people saw it coming, others decided to ridicule those people and imply they didn't know what they were talking about

that's the point man

start back at page one and read some of the s*** posted onwards, embarrassing man; would make you laugh if it wasn't fucken pitiful

What kind of thing is that to say? How the f*** could anyone have known back then that we would still not have won a game and would be 3 points off the bottom?

Cos we're shite?

I knew as soon as we didn't sign anyone in Jan we were fucked!

Should have paid the going rate for Barnes! Also should have tried for Defoe plus a defender.

All the muppets that said we shouldn't panic buy! I hardly think those targets were panic buys, just Mort fucked around for to long we ended up with nothing.

If we do go down this season, how fucking stupid will we look for not trying to strengthen?

Spend 10m in Jan or go down? I know which would cost us more.