sibierski interview

madras

Fairs fair though - Sib did more than many bigger monied players. He proved me wrong, and I'm happy to admit it. Wish I could say I was proved wrong about Alan Smith, though !

Who actually cares about what this guy has to say.

I'm keen to read anything said by anyone who has played for Newcastle. It's articles like this that help build a picture about what our club is actually like, beyond the tabloid rubbish that is either propaganda spread by the club or it's s*** stirring written by journalists. The closest we get to the truth is what comes from current or ex-players. I know there's nothing ground breaking in what he's said but it's all pieces of a jigsaw. Put them all together and you can see the bigger picture.

Sure some of them have an axe to grind but it's more reliable than most sources of information.

Good post, I agree.

Me too.

One of the best posts seen for a long time.

Hit the nail dead centre.

Scored more in his one season here than Smith probably will in his NUFC career to be honest. His link-up play with Martins was really good to watch at times. Think 2-year contract would have been excessive, but the wages situation was downright insulting considering we were still pumping funds into the accounts of people like Albert Luque and considering the wages we likely pay to Smith, Barton, Owen et al. Don't think he ever looked out of his depth, just wasn't anything spectacular.

Loved Le Sib, and as a squad player that would give his all and did have a bit about him he was worth keeping, I think Freddy treat him baldy and as he showed yesterday he cans till cut it.

:lol:

That has to be the best typo ever. :laugh:

For all the good that Sibierski did, and I was as thankful to him as anyone, I still look back on his time here as an embarrassing season for the club. When I start worrying about the current set-up, I only need to hark back to seeing Duff/Rossi up front, Sibierski as our main striker on many an occasion, Lee Clark and Amady Faye as our central midfielders, Huntington/Edgar/Ramage all playing in the same team, Pavel Srnicek on the books as a player at 38 years of age.

Things were really very poor when he was here, and he proved to be a bit of a beacon of hope during those months - especially when the floodlight beams reflected of his lovely, shiny bonce. He was the true King of Shite here, which isn't a knock on the man.