Our new youth Policy

BONTEMPI

Hope allot of you like me are getting very excited with the motions put in place to sign quality talent from around the world.

As long as I can remember we have always relied on the 1st team with hardly any talent coming through our ranks.

Most of our signings have been to the latter stages of there playing career's except from the bobby days when all he brought at the time was youth.

Hopefully we can get an infrastructure in place similier to Arsenal with the majority of our players coming from the acadamy instead of having to fork out through the nose for crap!

The money we'd save overall would enable us to set aside big funds for superstar signings when or as we need them.

So i'm fully behind the new regime just a shame we may have to watch some dross from now until the end of the season.

Guest Erich von Manstein

It'll take years to build a setup anywhere near as good as Arsenal's, mind.

Of course it will, but at least the wheels are in motion.

Definitely, great news.

Looking forward to it!

It's good news, aye, but it's bad craic that we're only getting this done in 2008.

People expecting it to make any sort of quick difference will be very sorely disappointed.

This is the sort of move by the club that shouldn't raise immediate expectations, but invariably will.

Shows a distinct lack of ambition, instead of signing good, proven quality players with proper money, we are spending tiny amounts on players that have done nothing. This is not going to get us anywhere. This reminds me of the old old board.

;)

It's good news, aye, but it's bad craic that we're only getting this done in 2008.

People expecting it to make any sort of quick difference will be very sorely disappointed.

This is the sort of move by the club that shouldn't raise immediate expectations, but invariably will.

Yes I agree, if only we did it ages ago we'd be reaping the benefis right now.

But i'm encouraged by the steps Mort and Ashley have taken, instead of a playboy coming in splashing his cash on trophy signings only to get bored after a year he seems to have a real vision for us.

Better late than never I say.

Shows a distinct lack of ambition, instead of signing good, proven quality players with proper money, we are spending tiny amounts on players that have done nothing. This is not going to get us anywhere. This reminds me of the old old board.

;)

WUM

;)

WUM

Do you not understand smileys?

;)

WUM

Yes it was meant in a joking way

;)

WUM

Should#ve added a smiley then trouble-maker

;)

WUM

Can't be arsed! that's an extra click man!

;)

WUM

Your tone confuses me, is it angry or wimsical? A suitably placed smiley would do wonders.

:razz:

;)

WUM

Your tone confuses me, is it angry or wimsical? A suitably placed smiley would do wonders.

:razz:

Yeah but then i'd be admitting I was wrong for not adding one in the first place!

You ain't gonna beat me I tells ya!

A manager at Newcastle would never have the time to get into this kind of thing with all of the pressure and responsibility that comes with managing the first team.  If it was going to be done, it had to be done by bringing in more staff to oversee it.

I am very happy with the new set up and emphasis on youth, but my concern is do we have the coaches to bring the best out of the youngplayers, arsenal have a superior set of coaches and a superior scouting network to ours, i dont belive it will take that long to get a set up to match arsenals, Chelsea did it in a couple of years.

My main concern though is that nufc have a history of not getting the best out of there younger players and blooding them too early, if you look at the youth that arsenal have brought in, they are usually close to being the complete level headed article on the pitch because Wenger only makes sure they play when they are ready, there arent many mistakes made by Arsenal players which are attributed to "being inexperienced" that to me is not down to the players being superior, but because the coaching is close to perfect.

We've currently got James Troisi sitting on the bench, who is in the Australian squad for the WCQ games. We've also got Lua Lua and Carrol I think, who seemed to have some promise. We need to start giving these kind of youngsters a run in the first team, rather than sending out badly out of form players like Smith. I don't understand how Smith gets out on the field against Arsenal a few days after he took an absolute bath against them. If we want to have a youth system we also need to be willing to take a risk and play the youngsters sometimes.

Guest johnnyappleseed

I am very happy with the new set up and emphasis on youth, but my concern is do we have the coaches to bring the best out of the youngplayers, arsenal have a superior set of coaches and a superior scouting network to ours, i dont belive it will take that long to get a set up to match arsenals, Chelsea did it in a couple of years.

My main concern though is that nufc have a history of not getting the best out of there younger players and blooding them too early, if you look at the youth that arsenal have brought in, they are usually close to being the complete level headed article on the pitch because Wenger only makes sure they play when they are ready, there arent many mistakes made by Arsenal players which are attributed to "being inexperienced" that to me is not down to the players being superior, but because the coaching is close to perfect.

chelsea did what exactly? whenever they need a player to fill in for an injured one they go to the transfer market and buy.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

According to our (Swedens) biggest newspaper we will complete the signing of an 18 year old goalkeeper today.

Svensk tredjemålvakt till Premier League

Ung Häckenkeeper förstärker Newcastle

Häckens tredjemålvakt Ole Söderberg, 18 år till sommaren, blir i dag klar för Premier League-klubben Newcastle, erfar Sportbladet.

I går kväll blev svenske 18-årige Inter–anfallaren Goran Slavkovski klar för Middlesbrough.

I dag, eller allra senast i morgon då transferfönstret stänger, presenteras näste unge svensk i Premier League.

Det handlar om Häckens tredjemålvakt Ole Söderberg till Newcastle. Till att börja med för spel i U18-laget samt reservlaget och vissa träningar med A-truppen.

Ole Söderberg, som fyller 18 till sommaren, är en välväxt ung man på 193 centimeter. H an upptäcktes av Newcastle under en match med det svenska P16-landslaget.

Söderberg gjorde inga matcher i superettan under 2007 men bedöms av Häcken som en lovande målvakt som man nu kan tjäna ett par miljoner kronor på.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/england/article1732593.ab

I have no idea who he is and have never heard of him.

who is in charge of coaching at the academy ?

pointless bringing in kids from round the world if we have a pillock coaching them

Joe Joyce runs the Academy, I'd assume he does some coaching.

who is in charge of coaching at the academy ?

pointless bringing in kids from round the world if we have a pillock coaching them

Joe Joyce runs the Academy, I'd assume he does some coaching.

It was pretty much established under Roeder that Joyce was more of an administrator than a coach. The idea was that he would coach the coaches.