Do People Like Milner?

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Milner would be better if he had better players around him. Hes not a player to build a team around though. If our ambition is to become a top team, Milner is a useful squadplayer for us.

Could say the same for half the squad. Milner isn't a bad player at all, but his technique really needs work. The ball moves about as fast as he does when he crosses it.

Even the two goals he's got this season were jammy. (Mis-kick against Spurs fooling defenders and keeper before putting it in second time around against Spurs, then the fluke at Sunderland).

wasn't his first goal for us a bit like that? seem to remember him slicing it terribly only to see the spin on the bounce take it into the goal, or missing the first shot and having to have a 2nd go. something like that.

Milner is too slow and doesn't have the crossing ability to be a winger. He never gets past his man and puts a quick, good cross in. Ever. If he ever does get a cross in its after 10 seconds of fuckery whilst he twirls about the pitch. Usually though it just goes straight into the defender.

He may be good somewhere else, he seems to have a solid attitude and work rate. I think he is too slow for the EPL though.

I think as many have said that Milner is not a winger!

When he was at Leeds he seemed to be either behind the main striker or breaking as an attacking midfielder.

If I was to play a formation on Sunday i'd put out

Given

Carr   Taylor    Cacapa     Jose

Emre   Milner  Zoggy\Butt  Duff

Viduka   Owen

Milner has some talent, but is a bottler who lacks the killer instinct hence his lack of goals despite having a decent shot on him. Best suited to a club with lower ambitions like 'boro maybe if he wants regular first team football. Otherwise a decent squad player.

I am hoping he will get better under Keegan but I call Milner foreplay, loads of promise of and end result but does not always lead to penetration.

Jesus Christ!

:lol:

He does way to many static tricks then loses the ball, or always drives for the byline and knocks it out of play or again loses the ball, he needs to forget the foreplay once in a while and just whack it in early..

:D

I am hoping he will get better under Keegan but I call Milner foreplay, loads of promise of and end result but does not always lead to penetration.

Jesus Christ!

He does way to many static tricks then loses the ball, or always drives for the byline and knocks it out of play or again loses the ball, he needs to forget the foreplay once in a while and just whack it in early..

:D